Hastings - Reasons for leaving

When Hastings played 13 he handled the ball more than both our halves. He also tackled more than our forwards šŸ˜‚
You canā€™t compare the Tigersā€™ attempt at having a ball playing 13 to that of Panthers.
Panthers 7, 1 and sometimes 6 handle the ball more than their 13.
Hastings was applying for a job, Iā€™m guessing Knights will play him at 6 to keep him off the ball a little. It seems to me the more he handles the ball the more ineffective he becomes.
What a load of crap!!

We gotta stop feeding into this lol.
Who cares ā€” he's gone. And just like clockwork, Foxsports 'staff writers' come up with shit like this; He left for more money to play in a position he's comfortable with.
wish him well but also think we'll
Smash them at Leicchardt round 2.
No need to keep feeding the machine.

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_170811.jpg
    IMG_20221206_170811.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Can we all agree on this as fact

Neither Brooks ....Douehi or Hastings are going to lead us to a premiership...either assisted or as a team ...they all need replacing and upgrading

John's...Lewis or Sterling couldn't partner those three to a premiership

They all need replacing ..it doesn't matter what order it happens for Christ sake

FACT ...end rant ...drop mic
If Wally Lewis stopped walking around the paddock and occasionally broke into something resembling a jog we would surely be a better chance.

We gotta stop feeding into this lol.
Who cares ā€” he's gone. And just like clockwork, Foxsports 'staff writers' come up with shit like this; He left for more money to play in a position he's comfortable with.
wish him well but also think we'll
Smash them at Leicchardt round 2.
No need to keep feeding the machine.
What if the "machine" is the tigers?
This whole story and its timing smacks of the Tigers trying to control the narrative.
It's a Pascoe PR special.

I don't think that @tunks we let
him go, to persue his goals ...
No reason why we would want
Or need to control any narrative

Hastings fulfilled his role with us and on the back of that has been given another opportunity that is better for him, and seems to suit our current coach. Why can't people leave it at that without trying to discredit him. Footy is a business and it was good outcome for both.

What if the "machine" is the tigers?
This whole story and its timing smacks of the Tigers trying to control the narrative.
It's a Pascoe PR special.
Well, they did have total control over that story about how we win the spoon.

from SMH

ackson Hastings has spoken for the first time about his disappointment at having to leave Wests Tigers with a year to run on his deal, declaring: ā€œI wanted to be there, I wanted to win there, I wanted to be a part of that next wave that helped the Tigers play finals footy.ā€

Hastings has become an instant fan favourite in Newcastle, just as he was with long-suffering Tigers fans who appreciated his passion and commitment in a losing side most weeks.

The playmaker said he had no idea if his public support for sacked coach Michael Maguire played any part in his early exit, but was also grateful to forge a lifelong friendship with ā€œMadgeā€, someone he still speaks to several times a week.

Signed with the Knights until the end of 2025 ā€“ and the favourite to wear Andrew Johnsā€™ famous No.7 jersey come round one ā€“ Hastings could not have looked happier as he and his teammates paid a Christmas visit to John Hunter Childrenā€™s Hospital on Wednesday.

But it was not all smiles about six weeks ago when it emerged David Klemmer was leaving Newcastle for the Tigers, and Hastings was the Tiger included in the summer swap.

ā€œIā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t disappointed,ā€ Hastings told the Herald. ā€œI wore my heart on my sleeve at every training session and every game.

ā€œWhether I wasnā€™t wanted or wasnā€™t needed, it took me a few days to get over it because I was angry at the fact I wanted to be there and be a part of the solution, not the problem.

ā€œThere were a few days there I was angry and hated the world for a bit.

ā€œBut Iā€™m a big boy, Iā€™ve been in way worse situations than what has just gone on. I still love the club, and when I say I want them to do well, I genuinely mean it.

ā€œIā€™ve got no hard feelings towards anyone at the Tigers. When I go back to Leichhardt in round two, hopefully Iā€™m not booed because I really do love the club and enjoyed the year I had there.

ā€œHopefully both clubs go on to make the finals next year and we meet in a big game.ā€

Hastings knows his move saved new Tigers coach Tim Sheens from trying to fit him, Luke Brooks and Adam Doueihi into the two starting halves positions.

The move to Newcastle would also promote healthy competition for starting spots in the halves. As it stands, Hastings, whose preferred position is halfback ā€“ not lock forward where he would have played at the Tigers ā€“ is likely to pair with Tyson Gamble or Kalyn Ponga, who has been training at five-eighth.

Hastingsā€™ comments on Maguire will quickly explain why he was so gutted him when the coach was sacked in the middle of another disastrous season.

ā€œI would have done anything on the field for Madge, and probably off the field as well ā€“ he made me feel like I was 10 foot tall and could run through a brick wall,ā€ Hastings said.

ā€œWe still talk two or three times a week, and itā€™s not even about football. Heā€™ll ask me about my family, my mum, my sisters ā€“ itā€™s a special relationship that happens every so often with people you meet. I have a mate for life.ā€

Hastings is familiar with many of the Knights players, including Adam Clune, who has been a good friend for 20 years, and Jack Hetherington, who he played under-20s with at the Sydney Roosters.

Adam Elliott was also a teammate in the NSW combined high schools side, Hastings was a ballboy for a few junior teams Tyson Frizell played in, and said with a laugh that he knew Dane Gagai because ā€œof a few run-ins on the fieldā€.

If all that Hastings stuff is true, I don't get why he does all this cryptic social media likes and comments. It's all a bit two-faced for me, that you dig away on your socials but you are absolutely on-brand when interviewed by the papers.

New type of clever footballer I guess, very capable of media management and narrative.

It's not clever at all.... It's snake like behaviour
- and you're not the only one that picks up on it....
Factor in his work speak, And you may well have another perspective on him to deal with.
Imagine working with him, Seeing his cryptic jabs on social media and podcasts - He's clean cut persona "I love everyone and everything" when the cameras are rolling....
Then however he is in the day to day....
Might also be why as a new broom he sweeps very well, And then moves on after a time.

Numbers don't lie - He's at his 5th club in 5 years....
That can't ALL be someone else's fault.

Doesn't seem like his team mates are missing him....
I think it shows a cleverness in using the media to your advantage. Why do fans appear to like / respect Hastings? Because he has this narrative of trying to his fullest and wearing his heart on his sleeve.

So even though he's left Tigers and it does appears a little acrimonious, Hastings has managed to preserve his personal brand and there are still lots of punters on his side rather than the club's (or no side at all).

Gee there's some strange analysis of social media and interviews here. These attacks on Hastings character are unnecessary. Maybe he was good for the team, maybe not; but it feels like revisionism to treat him like some kind of cancer at our club.

The only thing we can judge is his performance on the field and I have no doubt he was all effort and commitment out there with none of the Mitchell Moses like carry-on.

Why is there a need to rip into a player just because we've traded him? Not really his doing.

Gee there's some strange analysis of social media and interviews here. These attacks on Hastings character are unnecessary. Maybe he was good for the team, maybe not; but it feels like revisionism to treat him like some kind of cancer at our club.

The only thing we can judge is his performance on the field and I have no doubt he was all effort and commitment out there with none of the Mitchell Moses like carry-on.

Why is there a need to rip into a player just because we've traded him? Not really his doing.
Exactly. The cancer at this club has been festering for about a decade. Hastings definitely wasn't the problem

Latest posts

Members online

Back