Hastings - Reasons for leaving

Silly thought.

Say we sign Moses for 1.2 Million (Can't see 1 mil). Are we better off?

I realise we traded Hastings for Klemmer and Klemmer is a desperately needed front row upgrade.

Yet Hastings was on a 500/600k contract. We bump him to 800k were still a lot of coin below Moses. 1 vs 1, in everything but attitude Moses > Hastings.

I guess it is Williams/Moses/Hastings, who do you want to replace Luke Brooks?
We get a goal kicker, something we have needed go a while! Look I don’t want the slimey turd back, but he can kick a goal and does have a good all round kicking game.

ck,I have been a Brooks critic many times,however with a much better pack next year I can see him finally doing well in the 7,great defender,has speed and should have much support from experienced new team members...wishing him well...but can understand all our frustration with him over the years...
I also like the fact that sheens recognises that brooks can organise a team. Hence why they are going after Moses. The other bunch of halfwit coaches kept saying‘it’s l Luke’s team now’. #noidea

Let’s be honest here.
Brooks was the 2018 fluke of the year.
Only his mother would really think he was the best halfback that year… but yes, he won it.
Here’s another fact… he is the most unsuccessful player in the NRL - playing the longest amount of games of any player without ever lining up in a semi final.
As a halfback I expect no more from him than the last 9 long years of disappointment.
He can’t direct the team around the park, has a poor short kicking game, and is hopeless at decision making.
He ain’t a half. This was evident when he was displaced from the position this year.
All for him as a running 6 with someone with football nous looking after the show.
C’mon ck, Steven Spielberg couldn’t direct that mob around the park.
If they were directable, Sheens wouldn’t have got rid of most of them.
There’s been a noticeable lack of motivation throughout the club since Sheens was sacked. Brooksy wasn’t responsible for that, he was a victim.
So too Nofa. Lee said he needed something to play for...

Let’s be honest here.
Brooks was the 2018 fluke of the year.
Only his mother would really think he was the best halfback that year… but yes, he won it.
Here’s another fact… he is the most unsuccessful player in the NRL - playing the longest amount of games of any player without ever lining up in a semi final.
As a halfback I expect no more from him than the last 9 long years of disappointment.
He can’t direct the team around the park, has a poor short kicking game, and is hopeless at decision making.
He ain’t a half. This was evident when he was displaced from the position this year.
All for him as a running 6 with someone with football nous looking after the show.
2023 he is our number 7, if we land Moses or George Williams then he will be our 6
Either way I don't think he is going anywhere and Sheens and benji like him the halves
Let's see how 2023 goes with him at 7 he has a better forward pack than when he was playing well in 2018 and won Dally M halfback

Had a listen to the “bye round” Podcast from James Graham last night, he interviewed Jackson Hastings for 1 hour....Graham tried his hardest to get Hastings to dump on the WT, but he refused by dead batting every question...Hastings really talked up how much he loves the WT....class person....have a listen if you can.

Last edited:
Had a listen to the Podcast from James Graham last night, he interviewed Jackson Hastings for 1 hour....Graham tried his hardest to get Hastings to dump on the WT, but he refused by dead batting every question...Hastings really talked up how much he loves the WT....class person....have a listen if you can.
Yet some in here would have you believe he’s the worst person in the world & the reason we got the spoon.

Had a listen to the Podcast from James Graham last night, he interviewed Jackson Hastings for 1 hour....Graham tried his hardest to get Hastings to dump on the WT, but he refused by dead batting every question...Hastings really talked up how much he loves the WT....class person....have a listen if you can.
Good to hear. Ill have a listen. The moved to the Knights benefited Hasting. He got a wage increase and gets to play in his preferred position.

the bye round?

Only the die hard Brooks fans would believe that or people who believe that Sheens is never wrong.Personally i feel we kept the wrong half out of the 3 we had in 2022

I was thinking only the die hard Brooks bashers would be stating that Hastings cops it unfairly. I thought he was our best half last season as well but I don't think he cops it anywhere near the level of Brooks.

I was thinking only the die hard Brooks bashers would be stating that Hastings cops it unfairly. I thought he was our best half last season as well but I don't think he cops it anywhere near the level of Brooks.
Not sure id have rated him any better than the rest of our halves last year but i dont see how anyone can hold Hastings responsible for last season's results. Just like Brooks before him he was behind the worst pack in the comp.

Only the die hard Brooks fans would believe that or people who believe that Sheens is never wrong.Personally i feel we kept the wrong half out of the 3 we had in 2022
Hastings would think well of the club for releasing him to take up what must be a fairly generous offer. It's a win win for both parties as it opens up an opportunity at 13 meaning lots of competition in pre-season.

I am not a "Brooks basher" as you call it because the problems we have had since he started playing are certainly not all his fault and he is now a good defender.However out of the 3 halves we had last year Hastings Brooks and AD i thought Hastings was by far our best and the one that should be persevered with.
Anyway the decision has been made and we no longer have him and i wish him well but not the knights

Good on him. He tried hard here and was one of only a couple who could hold their heads high after season 2022.

The whole Hastings thing was twisted out of all proportion.
I don't think anyone did not appreciate Hastings skill and effort, he was a good footballer. The side was in dire straights. Our lack of speed in attack,and defence was obvious. The club then and still is trying to get some speed in the halves, and advised him that he would go to the pack.
They did not sack him, and probably wanted him as a backup. Newcastle offered him far better dollars for the position he wanted to play, he asked for a release, and it was granted.
An amicable result for all parties. He was never going to be a long term half here.

Good on him. He tried hard here and was one of only a couple who could hold their heads high after season 2022.
If the rest of the team cared like he did we wouldn't have won the spoon.

Wouldn't have made the 8 either, but there wouldn't have been a couple of 50+ point dickings either in the last few rounds.

Back