Hayne Cleared

RatedRKO

Jarryd Hayne is free to play in next week’s second State of Origin match after the NSW star was found not guilty of striking by the NRL judiciary over his headbutt on Melbourne fullback Billy Slater.
>
Hayne was cleared after the three man panel deemed his contact to the head of Slater - who was on Tuesday chosen at fullback for Queensland - not significant enough to cause injury.
>
It is not yet known where Hayne will line up for the Blues, with NSW selectors to convene at the conclusion of Luke Lewis’ hearing into a dangerous throw charge before naming the final 17 to take on Queensland at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday week.
>
"I’m just very, very, very happy - it pretty much just rattled me and I’m just so excited to be part of the squad now," Hayne said.
>
"It happened so fast … I just can’t wait to see the boys."
>
Asked how worried he’d been in the lead-up to the hearing, Hayne said:
>
"Obviously very - State of Origin’s such a massive thing. I’m just glad I can be a part of it."
>
_http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-freed-to-play-origin-ii-20100608-xthx.html_

ahhhh…..one rule for special people and another for everyone else.

I wonder what would happen to Bryce if he headbutted Billy Slater whilst telling the ref he should be the f'ing man of the match?

@shiretiger said:
ahhhh…..one rule for special people and another for everyone else.

I wonder what would happen to Bryce if he headbutted Billy Slater whilst telling the ref he should be the f'ing man of the match?

Probably the same thing that happened when he fell on Luke Burt last year, 3 weeks.

seriously did you expect anything else?

Rugby League is the most rigged sport in Australia, rigged for the favorites and media darlings
justice, equality, dignity and honour is something that the people running this game do not have

QLD will still win. Hopefully slater smashes Hayne's head in with another headbutt.
…hey, he won't get in trouble for it!

You drop knees in the back one game before a grand final :smiley: No problem
You head butt someone one game before an origin :smiley: No problem

If someone had done either of these things to him :astonished: 3 weeks on the sideline minimum.

jesus christ… it was barely a headtap.... slaters was worse 3 mins later..... and id also like to point out that gibbs deserved his suspension, hayne should of gotten 1 week at best last year... but with that said

1.Dugan
2.Hayne
3.Cooper
4.Tahu
5.Morris
6.Barrett
7.Pearce

absolute farce.
Swearing at a ref - perfectly OK
Headbutts - perfectly OK
Blatantly attempting to elbow a player at the base of the neck - perfectly OK

This has nothing to do with 'making the game soft' it's purely making the game look like a bunch of idiots who have no idea policed by the keystone cops with Nero in charge.

The game itself is the toughest game going around, it doesn;t need to encourage cheap shots, whingers and 3 year olds.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

@Rorko said:
jesus christ… it was barely a headtap.... slaters was worse 3 mins later..... and id also like to point out that gibbs deserved his suspension, hayne should of gotten 1 week at best last year... but with that said

Gibbs didn't deserve his suspension, Burt was back up fine 2mins later about as hurt as Slater was after that headbutt.

Regardless if he hit him hard or soft, he made CONTACT. Slater did not make contact at all.

@softlaw said:
absolute farce.
Swearing at a ref - perfectly OK
Headbutts - perfectly OK
Blatantly attempting to elbow a player at the base of the neck - perfectly OK

This has nothing to do with 'making the game soft' it's purely making the game look like a bunch of idiots who have no idea policed by the keystone cops with Nero in charge.

The game itself is the toughest game going around, it doesn;t need to encourage cheap shots, whingers and 3 year olds.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

ditto on the above ….great role models to the kids we teach week in week out on the training fields....but hey origin isnt tough anymore .....back in the 80,90s the player hated each other come origin time and they played accordingly...now they lose a game and they shake hands and have a joke.....i wonder what brycie , or fifita would get for a headbutt ....and please dont say it was a love tap , because the intent was there .... origin has become a joke from selection to game day ......

What a joke, the intent was there even though it was not a heavy head butt.

The guy runs like he has a broomstick stuck somewhere I hope he gets it in the next Origin match.

Wouldve been a joke if Hayne got charged for that. He made no attempt at all no inflict hurt on Slater. Good decision from the judicary.

:laughing: What a load of crap that is bro….

Now everyone charged will striking have the God defence....

I struck him with me knee, elbow, forearm, head but I didn't mean to hurt him or he wasn't hurt.....

Preceedent has been set...Intent is very hard to prove...

Didn't Hayne have carry over points?

Hmmm...its a joke...

The worst part is that Luke Lewis a guy who has played clean and hard football and not been cited in 7 years gets sold up the river and misses Origin over a innocuous tackle. If both got the suspension than all is well and the rules have been adhered to equally.

Favouritism and cheating are so rife they don't even attempt to hide it anymore

Haahahaha this is hilarious, now i hope he gets knocked out or something to show him your head is a sensitive place :wink:… But with the team named and the 12 halves pairing in 14 games i think it is.... NSW will be cleaned!!

Thurston and Hayne are god Lewis isnt.. that is why it is what it is

Back