OFFICIAL Heamasi Makasini #303

I can well understand that he has given hip hop the rigid digit but it is BLASPHEMY to abandon heavy metal.i hope my heart does not give up on me.
I will have to take a course of Black Sabbath Lovebites Led Zeppelin Pink Floyd and Deep Purple for the next 60 minutes to survive the attack.
Hopefully we can get a win this week at CO even though our track record there is beyond dreadful.
I’m just impressed that metal is his cup of tea. Wouldn’t have expected that.
 
Olivia Dean? Never heard of her. If she's like any of the other insipid singers in the Taylor Swift generation, I won't be a fan but each to their own...
I was hoping someone would open the Maka thread because I wanted to comment on his recent performances. He is undoubtedly an amazing athlete of incredible potential and will, most likely become an elite centre, eventually, but has anybody else been a little disappointed in him? Besides the defensive errors, he hasn't been particularly threatening with the ball. I really noticed the lack of ability to beat a man against Parra, where, in space, he was repeadly swung to the ground by the much smaller Moses. I didn't see a step, swerve or fend and he was easily contained. Can't fault his effort and, of course he's acclimatising to first grade, but I was expecting more linebreaking efforts after that barnstorming try in the trial.
Once we’re full strength and he’s back to the wing we’ll see it again. He’s been fast tracked to the centres while still trying to find his feet in first grade.
 
I can well understand that he has given hip hop the rigid digit but it is BLASPHEMY to abandon heavy metal.i hope my heart does not give up on me.
I will have to take a course of Black Sabbath Lovebites Led Zeppelin Pink Floyd and Deep Purple for the next 60 minutes to survive the attack.
Hopefully we can get a win this week at CO even though our track record there is beyond dreadful.
I can think of nothing better then to sit and chill in the sheds before the game, with my headset on listening to some heavy metal, good way to get the blood flowing...
 
Punched well above his grade - a couple of weekends off ,to reflect wouldn't hurt anybody
I think he needs work also. Didn't watch much of today's game but the previous two for some reason. He doesn't palm the defenders. He runs to their outside shoulder and tries to bump them. If he puts his right hand out and fends it would make a huge difference. Not sure what's going on there.

May come back and leave Herbert in there. Just so glad Toa isn't back in. He's just so inconsistent it's not funny.
 
I think he needs work also. Didn't watch much of today's game but the previous two for some reason. He doesn't palm the defenders. He runs to their outside shoulder and tries to bump them. If he puts his right hand out and fends it would make a huge difference. Not sure what's going on there.

May come back and leave Herbert in there. Just so glad Toa isn't back in. He's just so inconsistent it's not funny.
I'd like to see him play on the wing outside May. Simplify his role playing out there
 
I think he needs work also. Didn't watch much of today's game but the previous two for some reason. He doesn't palm the defenders. He runs to their outside shoulder and tries to bump them. If he puts his right hand out and fends it would make a huge difference. Not sure what's going on there.

May come back and leave Herbert in there. Just so glad Toa isn't back in. He's just so inconsistent it's not funny.
Maka rest yes.
Herbet great back up ,leave him in the front lines 4 nows.
Like 2see Toa step up
 
I worry about players being blooded in too early.

He's doing fine. I don't think we should expect much more than what he's doing. But, he may have higher expectations from himself. He might feel like he needs to produce more line breaks, try assists etc based on all the early hype.

I hope Benji reassures him that he's doing well and his goal should just be to focus on basics and finish the season with above average performances. The freak moments will come, don't go looking for them.
 
I worry about players being blooded in too early.

He's doing fine. I don't think we should expect much more than what he's doing. But, he may have higher expectations from himself. He might feel like he needs to produce more line breaks, try assists etc based on all the early hype.

I hope Benji reassures him that he's doing well and his goal should just be to focus on basics and finish the season with above average performances. The freak moments will come, don't go looking for them.
I have no doubt at all that Benji would be in his ear reassuring him and pumping him up, he's only young and might need a cuddle now and then.

When it comes to man management Benji looks to excel in this area.
 
I think he needs work also. Didn't watch much of today's game but the previous two for some reason. He doesn't palm the defenders. He runs to their outside shoulder and tries to bump them. If he puts his right hand out and fends it would make a huge difference. Not sure what's going on there.

May come back and leave Herbert in there. Just so glad Toa isn't back in. He's just so inconsistent it's not funny.
I agree with your thoughts on Maka.
Doesn’t use his right arm to fend off when getting on the defenders outside shoulder.
And twice I’ve noticed when he has got through the front line he has swerved in field with the ball in his right hand, which is very unusual for a left side player.
I’m thinking when playing against boys in his junior years he would have just ran over the opposition.
Defensively he is slow to adjust and turn when someone puts a step on him.
He has a lot to learn in the next 2 years to fulfill his potential hopefully.
I wish him well because we sure will benefit if he does reach the heights that have been placed on him.
 
I agree with your thoughts on Maka.
Doesn’t use his right arm to fend off when getting on the defenders outside shoulder.
And twice I’ve noticed when he has got through the front line he has swerved in field with the ball in his right hand, which is very unusual for a left side player.
I’m thinking when playing against boys in his junior years he would have just ran over the opposition.
Defensively he is slow to adjust and turn when someone puts a step on him.
He has a lot to learn in the next 2 years to fulfill his potential hopefully.
I wish him well because we sure will benefit if he does reach the heights that have been placed on him.
You have up summed Maka's current defiencies well. I have noticed that he is susceptible to a late step from an opponent when defending and, also, he can easily be swung to the ground by defenders when trying to get on the outside. No swerve, no fend and without the necessary pace to get around an opposition defender. This was really obvious when Moses repeatedly took him down in the Parra game. No doubt he'll get better though, as he adjusts to the step up in first grade.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top