Henry O'Kane

I believe Matamua doesn't have an NRL deal till 2024 but he's on a development contract and can debut at 2024.

OKane has all the attributes, physically to become legit first grade second rower.
He's only young too.

He is a smart and skilful player too.

Bray Guyan is another dark horse who could become a star if he is invested in.

Come '24 our pack could be a real threat of young hitters.

11 O'Kane
12 Matamua
13 Guyan

14 Rua
15 Kautoga

How ever you want to put it on paper.
Some real promise coming through the grades.... BUT you've been hearing this for years.

Guyan is gone already isn’t he??

He's still fairly young and needs to fill out, not as developed physically as Tumeth and Kautoga. I'd offer him a train and trial contract for next season.
I've rarely heard him mentioned by Sheens or anyone, some seemed to have talked him up but even at Flegg level he's been average. I'd probably even have him behind Webster Mansfield too.

He's still fairly young and needs to fill out, not as developed physically as Tumeth and Kautoga. I'd offer him a train and trial contract for next season.
I've rarely heard him mentioned by Sheens or anyone, some seemed to have talked him up but even at Flegg level he's been average. I'd probably even have him behind Webster Mansfield too.

My boy Webby is the suprise package

I believe so.

Newcastle > Roosters > Tigers > Tigers (Q cup)

Weird he's so well travelled for someone who's been somewhat rated....
Thought he might have been the back rower we lost to Parra - They still seem to think they got one of our good ones?

I heard a very ordinary rumour about him recently.
So the story goes, the club has made a complete mess up of an injury he had. Apparently the club said he had a cork and it was a massive torn quad, they rushed his rehab and made it worse. He was playing on one leg for months till eventually he saw another doctor who was not impressed. What do you know, all club medical staff sacked.
I would not be surprised if there was legal action.
Makes sense, I saw him play early in the year and was impressed, then he went off the boil, everyone else seem to go past him, makes sense now.
Utoikamanu was also played injured, he was not 100%. Fact.

I heard a very ordinary rumour about him recently.
So the story goes, the club has made a complete mess up of an injury he had. Apparently the club said he had a cork and it was a massive torn quad, they rushed his rehab and made it worse. He was playing on one leg for months till eventually he saw another doctor who was not impressed. What do you know, all club medical staff sacked.
I would not be surprised if there was legal action.
Makes sense, I saw him play early in the year and was impressed, then he went off the boil, everyone else seem to go past him, makes sense now.

Words fail me if there is any validity to that rumour,our medical/rehab people always seem to have been a massive issue in the club going back to the formation of the JV.How can we continually get it wrong? 23 years and counting

Back