Here's Your Chance Campbelltown

towntiger

Tomorrow Campbelltown supporters of Wests Tigers have their chance to show why they should be considered for 6 games in Campbelltown. This is their chance to show they really want 6 games and It's not all paper talk, politicians and protests.

Sunday afternoon for the first time in over two years
First time in town for 2 months
Amazing line up of players on both sides of the field
Internationals and Origin players spread across both sides
Arguably the two most exciting players in the world in Benji and JT
A front row contest for the ages Woods/Galloway v Scott/Tamou
Sunny Sunday weather predicted
No traffic or public transport/trackwork issues
Wests Tigers on a four match winning streak

The equation is simply really - nothing less than a huge crowd is acceptable. No reason not to get out to the game and cheer the boys home. I'll be there that's for sure and I'm travelling well over 2 hours to get there.

Will be interested to see how well supported the team is tomorrow.

GO WESTS TIGERS!!!!

As has been said many times before , it's not just the people from the campbelltown area have to show up, it's all Wests tigers supporters that should be there.
As you said, Sunday afternoon, no traffic, no excuses.

But unfortunately, that will not be the case !

I do agree, as I said I'm driving to show support. The fact still remains though that there are no excuses and if fans do not show up, it does little to support the push for 6 games.

@towntiger said:
Tomorrow Campbelltown supporters of Wests Tigers have their chance to show why they should be considered for 6 games in Campbelltown. This is their chance to show they really want 6 games and It's not all paper talk, politicians and protests.

Sunday afternoon for the first time in over two years
First time in town for 2 months
Amazing line up of players on both sides of the field
Internationals and Origin players spread across both sides
Arguably the two most exciting players in the world in Benji and JT
A front row contest for the ages Woods/Galloway v Scott/Tamou
Sunny Sunday weather predicted
No traffic or public transport/trackwork issues
Wests Tigers on a four match winning streak

The equation is simply really - nothing less than a huge crowd is acceptable. No reason not to get out to the game and cheer the boys home. I'll be there that's for sure and I'm travelling well over 2 hours to get there.

Will be interested to see how well supported the team is tomorrow.

GO WESTS TIGERS!!!!

I totally agree 100%!
Go the Tigers!!!
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

The other point is that the game is delay telecast on Ch 9 with a sh–load of adds, much better watching live for those able to get to the ground.

Who says Cambo should be considered for 6 home games?
Where did this crap come from?

Get used to it, theres no going back….too much corporate $$$$ at the big stadiums.

Whats the point of this thread? haven't crowd averages at C-town been higher the last couple of seasons then Leichardt? :dead

@GNR4LIFE said:
Whats the point of this thread? haven't crowd averages at C-town been higher the last couple of seasons then Leichardt? :dead

Ive seen posts mentioning this, last years figures I think.

Like Cambo needs "a chance"?????
Has to prove something??

Crap thread.

@GNR4LIFE said:

**Campbelltown averages**
2011 - 15973
2010 - 15305
2009 - 14988
14,388 to the game against Canberra. Granted it was a Monday night though…

**Leichhardt averages**
2011 - 15462
2010 - 16476
2009 - 15183
Averaging 18,084 from two games this year

@innsaneink said:
Nothing in those numbers….look pretty even to me

Agreed.

Paul Kent said something interesting today. Campbelltown is a bit of a weird stadium. Does't quite have the suburban fortress feel as Leichhardt, Brookvale or Kogarah, and it's not a developed stadium like Parra or Penrith. Kind of sits in the middle and thinks that's the reason it doesn't have the same atmosphere that people speak of about other grounds.

Yeah its a lot more open compared to Leichhardt which has the main stand, lots of trees and then the hill/scoreboard encompassing it all….Cambos more open both ends and the big stand with high roof on the east side and small stand on the west side doesnt help in this regard...still when full its good

@innsaneink said:
Yeah its a lot more open compared to Leichhardt which has the main stand, lots of trees and then the hill/scoreboard encompassing it all….Cambos more open both ends and the big stand with high roof on the east side and small stand on the west side doesnt help in this regard...**still when full its good**

2005 game against the Cowboys springs to mind. 20,500 people crammed in. Place went offffff.

Would love to see some decent money poured in and it brought up to higher, more competitive standards. Hunter Stadium is now one of the best places to watch footy. Haven't seen the new western stand yet but the eastern stand is fantastic. Plus, with the train station and leagues club on Campbelltown Stadium's doorstep, there's some great supporting infrastructure

@alex said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

**Campbelltown averages**
2011 - 15973
2010 - 15305
2009 - 14988
14,388 to the game against Canberra. Granted it was a Monday night though…

**Leichhardt averages**
2011 - 15462
2010 - 16476
2009 - 15183
Averaging 18,084 from two games this year

Nothing in those figures to justify a 'call to arms' to C-town type thread. Rediculous

Would be nice to crack 20k tomorrow but 18k+ is great too.

The more Tigers fans at games (both home and away) the better.

In my opinion it's one of the best places in Sydney to watch rugby league. I'll be at the gate at 10.30 to get my Silver ticket and watch three games of footy. I do love the fact that that there are an average 16000 fans prepared to pay good money to go to Leichhardt, stand on the hill, line up to pee and watch the part of the game that appears in the quarter of the field they can actually see. Campbelltown and SFS for mine, not parting with my cash for anything less.

@alex said:
@innsaneink said:
Nothing in those numbers….look pretty even to me

Agreed.

Paul Kent said something interesting today. Campbelltown is a bit of a weird stadium. Does't quite have the suburban fortress feel as Leichhardt, Brookvale or Kogarah, and it's not a developed stadium like Parra or Penrith. Kind of sits in the middle and thinks that's the reason it doesn't have the same atmosphere that people speak of about other grounds.

Should have seen it when the Magpies went there in 1987 …. Especially after a wet week !
It's improved a lot since then. There's been some great games up there in those 25 years. None better than the night the Magpies beat Norths and WT beat Ncewcastle .... Nothing wrong with the atmosphere on those two nights.

@twenty20 said:
In my opinion it's one of the best places in Sydney to watch rugby league. I'll be at the gate at 10.30 to get my Silver ticket and watch three games of footy. I do love the fact that that there are an average 16000 fans prepared to pay good money to go to Leichhardt, stand on the hill, line up to pee and watch the part of the game that appears in the quarter of the field they can actually see. Campbelltown and SFS for mine, not parting with my cash for anything less.

Which part of leichhardt is that from? Or are you 5'2?! Fair dinkum one the best grounds to watch league from. People can call it a dump all they want but cambo will never match its atmosphere. All those things people whinge about is what makes it great imo. On average 15999 others don't mind.

And I do like cambo and go at least once or twice a year and when it's packed it rocks but there's something to be said for leichhardts appeal. I don't want to see it gone yet
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Members online

Back