HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF

alien

Well it's that time off year yet again fellow wests tigers supporters. The Dragons were flying high but have now lost their 3rd game in a row, losing against South Sydney, 41-6.

Once again, towards the end of the season, they choke again. What a shame.

![](http://file049a.bebo.com/13/large/2009/08/29/12/1005146239a11509072699l.jpg)

oh here I was thinking it was about us choking out of the finals again

@Hit or Miss said:
We dont choke…. we just dont make it.

Thats right, we are unbeaten once we get there :laughing:

Eat crap dragons - Bulldogs deserve the minor premiership.

Peter Doust plans production of premiership shirts
By James Phelps | August 14, 2009 12:00am
\
\
\
IT IS either a masterstroke in forward planning or a breathtaking act of arrogance.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust is already planning the production of 2009 premiership shirts.

In a move which is sure to rile St George Illawarra's NRL competitors, Doust last week sent his adviser Michael McDonald down to Melbourne to ask rivals Storm, as well as AFL team Geelong, how to best manage title glory.

"He was looking at ways to capitalise on premiership success,'' an NRL insider said.

"How to make money out of winning a premiership.

"Basically, it was all about maximising revenue through promotional opportunities.''

This is the ultimate arrogance: Join James Phelps' blog

After 30 barren years, the Dragons could have a warehouse full of unsold shirts, with planning already under way for premiership-winning clobber.

"He asked about doing the premiership t-shirts,'' said the insider.

"Also about putting on special functions and on-ground activities.''

Doust admitted that McDonald had been sent south of the border on behalf of the Dragons to speak to premiership-winning clubs Geelong and the Storm.

"I have got a guy who has worked for me in the past,'' Doust said.

"He has been doing some work in looking at revenue opportunities after a successful year.''

Doust denied that McDonald had been sent down to ask questions directly related to winning the 2009 premiership.

"No it is all about opportunities arising from a successful season,'' Doust said.

"It is about looking at ways to increase membership and things like merchandise and what strategies to put in place.

"It is also about looking at what things not to do next year.''

Doust said he did not know if McDonald asked about the production of premiership winning t-shirts.

"I don't know what he asked because I haven't spoken with him,'' Doust said. "But yes he is working on our behalf.''

The Daily Telegraph understands Doust met with Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron on the Gold Coast earlier this month where details of the Storm's success were discussed.

Waldron, who refused to comment last night, shares a friendship with Doust and he was happy to reveal some of the strategies the Storm have put in place after three trips to the decider in successive years.

Doust also revealed his adviser had held talks with the Broncos - the most successful club of the modern era with six premierships.

"He met with people from Geelong and the Storm but also the Broncos,'' Doust said.

"It is all about working out strategies for a successful season.

"We are just trying to capitalise on what has so far been a good year.''

McDonald is an adviser for Sydney-based company Corporate Conscience and worked with the NRL last year during centenary celebrations.
\
\
\
\
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25925618-14823,00.html
\
\
\
\
–--------------------------------------------------------------------
\
\
\
PETER DOUST PUTS A PAUSE ON PREMIERSHIP SHIRTS
\
\
\
By James Phelps | August 30, 2009 12:00am
\
\
Just over 2 weeks ago Dragons CEO Peter Doust was planning the production of premiership shirts. After losing their third game in a row yesterday against South Sydney, Doust has decided to stop the production of the premiership shirts.

"I think some of us got too far ahead of ourselves. I think as a club we have to take it one week at a time. I think some of us have short memories of what has happened over the last 3 decades. I think I made a mistake speaking to the media about the production of the premiership shirts when it was so far out from the finals."

It is believed that after the Dragons loss yesterday, an angry Dragons fan emailed Doust telling him it wasn't a good move to tell the media about the production of the premiership shirts and all it did was put the players under more pressure. The angry Dragons fan also attached a picture of a shirt that he designed. He told Doust in the email that maybe this is the shirt that they should make.

![](http://file049a.bebo.com/13/large/2009/08/29/12/1005146239a11509072699l.jpg)

Still plenty of time for them to get over this…

THE SAINTS, ARE CHOKING

THE SAINTS, ARE CHOKING

I SAY NO MATTER HOW THEY TRY

THEY CAN KISS ANOTHER PREMIERSHIP GOODBYE

oh god, what have i started :laughing:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=343827

Members online

Back