Holdsworth - woohoo!

softlaw

can we possibly be one of the two clubs interested. He'd be an absolutely perfect replacement for morris. a top line half with quality skills, vision and ball playing ability.
Probably the next thurston if truth be told…
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/holdsworth-could-net-silver-lining/2009/09/01/1251570710669.html
c'mon sheens you idiot. you know you want to sign him.

Either that or the next Cooper Cronk..I'm sure Sheens has an eye on him…his track record speaks for itself!..Thank god for Mark O'Neil in recruiting Ellis for us!.

I would dead set torch all my Tigers gear if we sign him.

Perfect replacement for Morris?
Another mediocre half ,if thats what you mean.
and Morris can defend.

He'd be an absolutely perfect replacement for morris, a top line half with quality skills, vision and ball playing ability.

I completely agree, he would have been playing for Aus if he was just given a fair chance.

Holdsworth replaces Kimmorley

DANIEL Holdsworth could have thrown in the towel. Taken his bat and ball and gone home. He could have looked at the handful of people lining the field at the Crest as he played glorified park football for Bankstown City and said "What am I doing here?''

He could have looked at the handful of people lining the field at the Crest as he played glorified park football for Bankstown City and said "What am I doing here?''

After all this was the kid brought to the Bulldogs to replace Braith Anasta. The kid who was once labelled the next Trent Barrett. The kid, who during his 57 first grade games for the Bulldogs, rarely put a foot wrong.

"Na. I just put my head down and kept playing,'' Holdsworth said. "I just kept at it.''

And that's why Kevin Moore knows the 25-year-old they call "DJ'' will do the job when he takes over from injured ace Brett Kimmorley on Friday night.

When he attempts to become the Bulldogs premiership saviour by filling the shoes of the club's No.1 playmaker. "It is just tremendous that we can bring in someone who has played over 80 NRL games,'' Moore said as Kimmorley arrived home after having a plate inserted in his injured cheek.

"I mean he has played about 10 games for us this year and he knows our style of play inside out. He will just step in and do the job. Daniel has been a big part of the club for the last few years and has been a big part of the club's success. I have every confidence in him.''

Holdsworth had opportunities to leave the club during the year. **The Tigers made a play at him as he languished in the NSW Cup, as did** **others.** But Holdsworth knuckled down. He took the 14km run from Dairy Farmers Stadium to Townsville while his teammates caught the bus.

He went to the Crest with a smile on his face. And now he gets his chance on rugby league's biggest stage during the finals series.

"I'm just really excited about it,'' Holdsworth said. "It isn't good for Noddy (Kimmorley), but it is a good opportunity for me. I knew I was only going to get another crack if someone got injured but I will take it. I am just going to go out there and give it my best.''

Holdsworth has more than a premiership on his mind. The Perth junior is off-contract at the end of the year and playing for his future. "I'm not worrying about too much,'' Holdsworth said.

"Iam just going to go out there and fit into the team's structure and play my role. I have played there a couple of times this year and I will just play they way I know how. Noddy is his own player and a damn good half but I'll just be out there doing my best.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/holdsworth-replaces-kimmorley/story-e6frexnr-1225768534370

So he couldn't get start at Bulldogs and was 'languishing' in the NSW cup yet he still turned the Tigers down.

What a great endorsment for the club's recruitment dept

lol..

Says it all really, one of if not THE worst player in the NRL, and we chase him.

We are really starting to make the old magpies and balmain look really good.

Members online

Back