Hooper on the couch with sterlo

liltiger

Just wanted to know how reliable a journo hooper is, reason being I briefly saw a bit of sterlos foxsports show last night and hooper reckons all this drama with farah began after the tigers or Taylor caught wind that a few weeks ago robbie was seen having a meal with maguire to see if they could fit him in somewhere at souths. The tigers then called the meeting with Taylor reddy robbie and his manager and gave him permission to look elsewhere. That was the general message sorry can't remember the exact words maybe someone on the forum saw it and can explain it a bit better. I heard on the radio this morning that souths and titans are not going to be making a move for robbie. Just want to know if hooper is reliable or just a gutter jurno.

@liltiger said:
Just wanted to know how reliable a journo hooper is, reason being I briefly saw a bit of sterlos foxsports show last night and hooper reckons all this drama with farah began after the tigers or Taylor caught wind that a few weeks ago robbie was seen having a meal with maguire to see if they could fit him in somewhere at souths. The tigers then called the meeting with Taylor reddy robbie and his manager and gave him permission to look elsewhere. That was the general message sorry can't remember the exact words maybe someone on the forum saw it and can explain it a bit better. I heard on the radio this morning that souths and titans are not going to be making a move for robbie. Just want to know if hooper is reliable or just a gutter jurno.

I guess it depends on how you read his information. I saw him on Sterlo, i listened to everything he said, i dont see him saying the same things you said.

He leaves a lot open for interpretation. For example did he state that Farah was meeting with McGuire without the knowledge of the Wests Tigers?

What i heard was he stated that Farah met with MCGuire, the rest is implied.

Fine line between gutter and reliable.

I think abouyt 2-3 weeks ago thee was an article saying an assistant coach (reddy) had fallen out badly with a senior member of the playing group…..i wonder whether this is what they were referring to....

What a soap opera.

Hooper's not much of a gutter journo like some at the DT - he's also a Tigers fan, lives down the road from Leichhardt Oval, so I think he's genuinely interested and invested in the outcome. He wouldn't stir for the point of it

He is a numpty that makes as much up on the run as Weidler and Mashood combined…

I wouldn't rule Souths out just yet.

"No we don't want him" simply means - at that price. They'll just sit back and wait, and wait. If Farah goes elsewhere in the meantime, sobeit but don't rule them out. Getting Farah for 2 years for $200K is worth the wait and the gamble. Remember, we pay the remainder, that's why the other NRL clubs are saying "no" right now.

We are in a crap situation either way.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@cqtiger said:
I wouldn't rule Souths out just yet.

"No we don't want him" simply means - at that price. They'll just sit back and wait, and wait. If Farah goes elsewhere in the meantime, sobeit but don't rule them out. Getting Farah for 2 years for $200K is worth the wait and the gamble. Remember, we pay the remainder, that's why the other NRL clubs are saying "no" right now.

We are in a crap situation either way.

Exactly. All these posts claiming Farah isn't wanted don't understand contract games. Every team in the comp would want the current NSW hooker in their squad at a bargin basement price. This crap will go on and on and on….

@larrycorowa said:
I think abouyt 2-3 weeks ago thee was an article saying an assistant coach (reddy) had fallen out badly with a senior member of the playing group…..i wonder whether this is what they were referring to....

What a soap opera.

Kevin Campion (remember him?) of all people came out on twitter yesterday absolutely blasting Rod Reddy and saying the Tigers should be sacking Reddy and not Farah.

I didn't (and still don't) know what instigated that outburst from a guy not connected to the club, but now that you mention Reddy & Farah again, what am I missing?

What happened between these two guys?

@Abraham said:
@larrycorowa said:

What a soap opera.

Kevin Campion (remember him?) of all people came out on twitter yesterday absolutely blasting Rod Reddy and saying the Tigers should be sacking Reddy and not Farah.

I didn't (and still don't) know what instigated that outburst from a guy not connected to the club, but now that you mention Reddy & Farah again, what am I missing?

As far as I know Kevin Campion still coaches Gladstone Valleys he works over on LNG and was playing in my old touch footy side

@Abraham said:
@larrycorowa said:

What a soap opera.

Pretty sure Reddy Coached him at the Rams

@tiga4eva said:
Pretty sure Reddy Coached him at the Rams

He definitely coached Campion at Adelaide, however what happened between Farah & Reddy?

I'm assuming they have had a bust up?

Not many NRL clubs lining up to take Farah on….says to me he is either very unpopular or hugely overvalued....i'm thinking both

@larrycorowa said:
Not many NRL clubs lining up to take Farah on….says to me he is either very unpopular or hugely overvalued....i'm thinking both

Touche….who'd want him?...his ego is massive; his game has fallen off dramatically last 2 years....no wonder Taylor is cutting him loose...good on him...

@happy tiger said:
@Abraham said:
@larrycorowa said:

What a soap opera.

As far as I know Kevin Campion still coaches Gladstone Valleys he works over on LNG and was playing in my old touch footy side

Oh OK Happy I didn't know that.
A couple if years ago I think he was involved in a training company. Out of the blue I got a phone call about a job offer "as they had heard good things about me". I was given the name and number of the hiring person and it was Kevin Campion. How many can there be?

Anyway, KC told me to name my price but I would have to move to Mackay.

You know I still live in Rocky, right?

@cqtiger said:
@happy tiger said:
@Abraham said:
@larrycorowa said:

What a soap opera.

A couple if years ago I think he was involved in a training company. Out of the blue I got a phone call about a job offer "as they had heard good things about me". I was given the name and number of the hiring person and it was Kevin Campion. How many can there be?

I know he and Mark Hohn were working together , I'm not sure if they were cleaning contractors or had a cleaning business together

I know he was still in Gladstone until 2014 , but I haven't seen him this year

@happy tiger said:
@cqtiger said:
@happy tiger said:
@Abraham said:

I know he and Mark Hohn were working together , I'm not sure if they were cleaning contractors or had a cleaning business together

I know he was still in Gladstone until 2014 , but I haven't seen him this year

I vividly recall Mark Hohn having a cigarette at the back of the Leichardt stands back in the early 90's , Seriously no joke.

@larrycorowa said:
100%….let's take the short-term pain to rid the club of this cancer

This is a disgraceful comment.

Latest posts

Back