How many more wins will we have to record?

citizen_cub

How many more wins will we have to record to make the finals?

Most years, the cut off is 28 points, however over the last 2 years its been more than that, with Melbourne out of contention, It would seem we only have to win 4 more games to secure our spot.

We've got a couple of easy games in the remaining part of the season, but most of them will be tough and will really show how we compare with some of the better teams in the comp.

It all starts on Friday night against the Dragons, if we can somehow snuff a win out at Kogarah, I would safely say we will make the eight, but remember you never know with the tigers.

I think 26 will be the cut off.

In saying that we can't think like that, I think thats been the problem the last few years, we get near the 'finish' line and we choke.

No game is easy, we're 8-5, but things can turn quickly as we have seen already this year, in 3 weeks we could be 8-8 and in a real scrap.

Even as a fan I don't look at our draw coming up, I only see who we're playing in the next 1-2 weeks. As the old cliche goes, take it one game at a time.

Our goal shouldn't be to only make the top 8 now. A top 4 position should be the goal now.

28 should get us 8th. If we can find those 4 wins in quick time then we look for something bigger.

What's the point of finishing 8th and then getting kicked out in the first week of the finals? I guess it's better than not making the finals but we are 3rd now so the goal now should be to make the top 4.

Sheens said on ABC grandstand the team had a 12 step plan coming back from the bye, today was 1 step down with 11 to go. A top 4 spot is not unrealistic if the Tigers can build from today's win. It won't be easy, but the team has grinded out their last couple of wins when it has been tight and that has been pleasing to see.

@citizen cub said:
How many more wins will we have to record to make the finals?

Most years, the cut off is 28 points, however over the last 2 years its been more than that, with Melbourne out of contention, It would seem we only have to win 4 more games to secure our spot.

We've got a couple of easy games in the remaining part of the season, but most of them will be tough and will really show how we compare with some of the better teams in the comp.

It all starts on Friday night against the Dragons, if we can somehow snuff a win out at Kogarah, I would safely say we will make the eight, but remember you never know with the tigers.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The applicable thread is here.
No need for duplicates.
Dont do it again!
:deadhorse:

Latest posts

Members online

Back