I said it at the beginning of the year.....

Chris

After a few rounds I said this team had the smell of 2005\. Now we're 4 in a row, I wonder how close I am to being right.

i do get a whiff of it but we're still far away from the finals in terms of points and guarantee. very different side too but the potential is there with our backs performing and injured pack back.
oh how i wish we won those close losses earlier in the year.

@Chris said:
After a few rounds I said this team had the smell of 2005\. Now we're 4 in a row, I wonder how close I am to being right.

personally I think we started the run too late to have a feel of 2005 and we still haven't gelled fully in attack, the 2nd half tonight was fairly bad

@Black Orange White said:
Souths and Broncos losses will cost us top 6 IMO.

them and the dogs… we could have been equal 3rd.....although if we had beaten the dogs, we'd be equal 2nd

Four in a row it should be an excellent next two weeks. Roosters and Sharks both away games if we beat them then I think we can start talking about the finals if we loose against one of those teams we will have a slim chance of coming 8th. We are now 2pts out of the 8.

we're still far away from the finals in terms of points and guarantee. very different side too but the potential is there with our backs performing and injured pack back.

I agree, I wouldn't get carried away just yet. We were exposed badly in the second half.

Honestly I dont think so, not yet anyway, in that streak we were belting sides and playing better quality footy, defence wise, yeh i agree… I DONT WANNA JINX IT!!!! lol

1 Dragons 15 4 2 34
2 Bulldogs 14 5 2 30
3 Titans 12 7 2 28
4 Storm 11 7 2 27
5 Panthers 10 8 2 25
6 Cowboys 10 9 2 24
7 Sea Eagle 10 9 2 24
8 Knights 10 9 2 24
9 Wests Tiger9 10 2 22 nice to see dudes hahahahaha
10 Broncos 9 10 2 22
11 Rabbitohs 8 10 2 21
12 Eels 8 10 2 21
13 Raiders 7 12 2 18
14 Warriors 6 11 2 18
15 Sharks 5 14 2 14
16 Roosters 5 14 2 14

Agreed. Forget about 2005\. That is a totally different team and nothing will compare to how good they were.

This is the 2009 side, with there own history to make.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Skandalis said it best last week. Forget about 2005.

You can if you want, I waited 34 years for 2005 and I'm certainly not ready to forget about it yet.

ok lets rephrase that. Forget about comparing 2005 to this year. We have 2 seemingly "easy" games coming up and if we want to be a real threat this year, we need to muscle up and win those ones.
Roosters are finding some form so next week, we will need to work hard for these points.

Let's continue to take it one game at a time….

Tigers will need to maintain the energy because we are playing the team who is coming last and I sometimes worry about those games more than the excitement of a game like tingiht.

@NZTiger said:
ok lets rephrase that. Forget about comparing 2005 to this year. We have 2 seemingly "easy" games coming up and if we want to be a real threat this year, we need to muscle up and win those ones.
Roosters are finding some form so next week, we will need to work hard for these points.

Let's continue to take it one game at a time….

Thats right. Never FORGET IT. But stop comparing them.

Nope this team doesn't have the aura that the 2005 team had. They just went into the finals with an arrogance and a strut and you knew, despite all the dissapointment that being a tigers/magpies fan had entailed, that year was going to be different - other teams had no answer to Benji - he didn't have a weakness and hodgo and prince were white hot. Our defense fired for a brief magical 14 weeks or so - or perhaps it was good because we spent most of our time scoring tries.
If we can win the next two games, that will be 6 on the trot and they can start to demand some respect and winning will become habit forming. I am worried we are going to lose one fo the next two games…it's the type of thing I have seen over and over and over again for nigh on 30 years of supporting the tiges. It is our modus operandi.
BTW, last time we won 6 on the trot (07), Parramatta ended that run....with a thud.

We got over the Parra hoodoo already this year.

They're still a team that could trouble us though.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@Mick said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
Skandalis said it best last week. Forget about 2005.

You can if you want, I waited 34 years for 2005 and I'm certainly not ready to forget about it yet.

Forget is the wrong word, just stop comparing.

OK, But I haven't been. :smiley:

Back