I think the issue is Sheens

Anyone post Weidler Sunday column mention he's hearing sheens to finish up by the end of the season?

Spoke to someone on weekend said sheens struggles a bit getting around. Unsure how true that is.
No, but I thought that this weekend when they showed the coaches box and Tim was standing in the back ground next to Robbie who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat, but Benji was all game face.
It looks like they are getting ready for asap take over from Benji.

No, but I thought that this weekend when they showed the coaches box and Tim was standing in the back ground next to Robbie who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat, but Benji was all game face.
Haha, naden Waa saying farah is the most vocal in the coaches box. No surprises there.

Been like that most of the year. I reckon that sheens has always planned for bunji to do most of the leg work. He just takes the pressure off by handling the press and guides the bunji. Sheens is doing the smell my finger (mal) did with Queensland, more man manager, then leaves the day to day stuff to the minions. I think sheens should continue for at least another season in this capacity.

The hate is due to small man syndrome
Not really mate, for me and many others it has more to do with gross underperformance 2006-2012. Finals twice was not good enough, and my dislike of him grew. He also let a lot of the tiger sharks walk and got nearly every call in 2012 wrong, setting us up for the misery that followed.

Top 8 this year and I'll forgive him, but I am judging on results. Starting the year 0 - 7 didn't help my opinion and it's great to see improvement but I reckon it's too little too late, which is vintage Sheen's.

No doubt he is the best coach we've had along with Judas, and for his impact on the game and 2005 I can never truly hate him, but I fear his impact on the club having lived through it once.

I hope that some context for people who are genuinely perplexed.

Been like that most of the year. I reckon that sheens has always planned for bunji to do most of the leg work. He just takes the pressure off by handling the press and guides the bunji. Sheens is doing the smell my finger (mal) did with Queensland, more man manager, then leaves the day to day stuff to the minions. I think sheens should continue for at least another season in this capacity.
Yes and that approach will probably lead to the option of Tim handing over early. Good for Benji too, jumped straight in.
Imagine the pressure on Benji with the start we had.

Benji's been running the show in the coaches box since round 1. Sheensy's been in the back seat every game.

Not really mate, for me and many others it has more to do with gross underperformance 2006-2012. Finals twice was not good enough, and my dislike of him grew. He also let a lot of the tiger sharks walk and got nearly every call in 2012 wrong, setting us up for the misery that followed.

Top 8 this year and I'll forgive him, but I am judging on results. Starting the year 0 - 7 didn't help my opinion and it's great to see improvement but I reckon it's too little too late, which is vintage Sheen's.

No doubt he is the best coach we've had along with Judas, and for his impact on the game and 2005 I can never truly hate him, but I fear his impact on the club having lived through it once.

I hope that some context for people who are genuinely perplexed.

I guess the results since he left speak for themselves.

Its the old club v the person argument.

The bloke presided over our most complete performance in the last 5 years.

He is sticking up for the team and his players. Seems a little short sighted to call him a fuddy duddy.
Showing experience as a coach I thought.. taking a big win to try to focus on future calls for our team instead of piling on over the top expectations of his younger players. Knows full well what a win like this can do to turn not just our team but the whole club around. He could have spent the whole time talking about how it was his and the coaching staffs vision all along and bask in much deserved praise, but immediately heads it off and remains focused. As he said they're going to have a big night but tomorrow we are back in to it. Only some of our supporters would find a negative on him after a game like that !

The bloke presided over our most complete performance in the last 5 years.

He is sticking up for the team and his players. Seems a little short sighted to call him a fuddy duddy.
I think the wood spoon and the round 23 loss to chooks are possibly still in the minds of people.
Chooks were not playing well but managed to score 72 points.
Of course ou could argue if we had Brooks and Nofa in the team that day we could have won, but I'm not so sure. 😉

Just saw a tweet showing us attempt the exact same play that got bateman a try in round 3 just goes to show decent attacking plays take awhile to be properly drilled and executed

Showing experience as a coach I thought.. taking a big win to try to focus on future calls for our team instead of piling on over the top expectations of his younger players. Knows full well what a win like this can do to turn not just our team but the whole club around. He could have spent the whole time talking about how it was his and the coaching staffs vision all along and bask in much deserved praise, but immediately heads it off and remains focused. As he said they're going to have a big night but tomorrow we are back in to it. Only some of our supporters would find a negative on him after a game like that !
No coach would do that

Just saw a tweet showing us attempt the exact same play that got bateman a try in round 3 just goes to show decent attacking plays take awhile to be properly drilled and executed
Yeah, they had all off-season to get it right.
Looks to me like they all met on round 1 game day. What the hell were they doing all offseason?

Reactions: BZN
None of the spine participated in preseason training. Brooks was recovering from injury, Koroisau was rested, don’t know if Bula was training with the nrl squad? Bateman was also not in Australia. Us fans like things to fall in place during a few weeks , while coaches’ plans are more longer term. Unless of course if the board are undermining the coach, then the longer term goals are discarded.

Sheens went on a rampage at the post-match presser. Api looked sheepish sitting there while he was rambling on about things no one asked about.

I’ve listened to this three times but I’m not feeling well and my concentration levels are low right now. What exactly is Tim complaining about? Something to do with Luciano being offside?

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Back