If not us - then who?

Good answer. Realistic. Just the Flanno factor. New beginnings. Just like us. Its not easy to be a wooden spooner. Its not like thats the teams goal in the pre - season.

Dragons beat us and a stuttering Roosters and Rabbitohs side last year where as we got lapped by them in the part of the season where we started to kick into gear.
We are on par. I think Raiders are also a contender.
On a positive though I predict that the minimum wins the bottom four will win this year will be around 8 plus.
It just has that feeling that top of the comp and the bottom of the comp are getting closer together.

We still have to be the red hot favourites. Would love it to be dogs but I can't see that happening. Dragons are probably the obvious ones, maybe the Titans. Raiders seem to be on the way down but their forward pack is too strong to get the spoon

I think what the players think. Top 8. Thats half the competition with a chance. But I won't go there at the risk of being called a conspiracy theorist

Dragons, reckon Dogs will be in the mix somewhere. Reckon it's the Dragons year though. Our problem was our halves last year, positions we've bolstered this year. We should be in the bottom 4 but I think we will push for 12 - 10 spot on the ladder and surprise everyone.

Some team other than us is in for a poor year.
Canberra stick out to me. Losing Wighton will hurt.
*Edit…Just had a peek at their lineup. It’s not that bad.
It may be us again lol

I think we can finish above St George, Canterbury, Dolphins and Canberra.

Also a chance to beat home Parramatta, Titans, Cowboys (who I said 2 years ago were myths and last year proved it). South could keep imploding with all the discontent there.
Would love us to get ahead of Parra but they would have to have a lot of bad luck with injuries I think. The rest I think we are a chance

Titans? Hmmmm.... Raiders probably not....good pack alright....plus nifty halves....
Sounds like Des might be in for a rough year with this court case looming too. It might just be the titans, but my money is on the Dragons.
Not convinced by super-coach Ciraldo either.

The Drag Queens are the hottest bet; however, with an experieced Flanno v inexperienced Benji we are in for a fight. If we can click I see us about 12th and on the rise - but there is a lot of untried and untested in our lot (inlcuding the coaching staff). A lot of areas to improve; but we have bought well - let's see what happens on the paddock.

Last edited:
We have an enormous task ahead lifting our squad from the bottom of the table especially considering the changes that have taken place in this off season. Remember every other team is trying to improve as well and most have better squads than us who have played together longer.
I expect that we’ll be pretty clunky and make lots of errors for the first month or so. It could be tough to watch. I think Benj will have them playing a very simple style of footy early on with focus on effort areas and basic control of the footy and field position. Control of possession and kicking into corners backed up with aggressive D, wins games in the early rounds.
If we do win early games i imagine it will be on the back of solid team efforts, and really for me, that’s what I hope to see.

Latest posts

Back