If the fitz doesnt get the chop after this game.....

When Ryan is back, it will be absolutely scandalous if Fitzy is kept in the team ahead of Brown.

I was Brown's biggest critic, but he's been pretty solid and he and Daniella are **clearly** playing better than Fitzy.

@cnx_tigers said:
When Ryan is back, it will be absolutely scandalous if Fitzy is kept in the team ahead of Brown.

I was Brown's biggest critic, but he's been pretty solid and he and Daniella are **clearly** playing better than Fitzy.

Agreed Fitzy is Fitzy….whenever the ball goes anywhere near him my heart rate rises; my fingers are crossed hoping he doesn't stuff up...and most times he does....he has always been this way and always will be...off to the Sharkies Fitzy!.

I think Fitzy is way to slow to be put on the wing or fullback, as a interchange player that comes on and makes some probes up the middle he has some value and Sheens is banking on his experience.
Last night his speed or lack of speed was exposed a few times but he really didnt do much wrong.

Iam not going to bag Fitzy because with his speed and size he has at his disposal he goes alright but I just think their must be a lot better options within our ranks and Sheens is the man who picks the team not Fitzy

Watching the ball get snatched along the ground was unforgiveable.

He is the weakest link in our team no doubt.

Very amusing telling my mates Arana left because he coulnt dislodge Fitzy.

Dear fellow Jibberers, the only person to blame for his constant selection is the Commander even when better options exist in the lower grades. The constant venting of fustration about it is pointless.

Jeez he wasn't that bad last night. No missed tackles, 2 errors is hardly an awful game. Yeah maybe there are others who could get a run ahead of him but fair dinkum some of you guys must watch the games in slow motion looking for everything the bloke does wrong.

@Staks said:
Dear fellow Jibberers, the only person to blame for his constant selection is the Commander even when better options exist in the lower grades. The constant venting of fustration about it is pointless.

That is spot on,but geez I hate seeing his name there every week.

I don't mind the dropped bomb but what annoyed me the most was the lack of urgency that he showed on two occasions when the ball went to ground. Just stared and waited for someone else to collect when it was clear that he should have cleaned it up. The other thing was when Benji attempted to pass to him on the sideline. Even if he would have been tackled dead, he should of at least ran onto the ball hard and cut back in - he didn't even want a piece of it. I just don't understand what Sheens is thinking here.

the bomb was dislodged backwards in the tackle & should have been play-on to McKinnon!

@Yossarian said:
Jeez he wasn't that bad last night. No missed tackles, 2 errors is hardly an awful game. Yeah maybe there are others who could get a run ahead of him but fair dinkum some of you guys must watch the games in slow motion looking for everything the bloke does wrong.

a story of where stats dont tell the truth…

oh and those "2" errors........1 led to a cowboys try ...the other cost us a try....12 points swing there mate

@redemption said:
the bomb was dislodged backwards in the tackle & should have been play-on to McKinnon!

yeah not sure if it went backwards. he needed to not drop it at all.

@Thaiger14 said:
The other thing was when Benji attempted to pass to him on the sideline. Even if he would have been tackled dead, he should of at least ran onto the ball hard and cut back in - he didn't even want a piece of it. I just don't understand what Sheens is thinking here.

That happened twice. Once in the first half and once in the second half.

@ron burgandy said:
@Yossarian said:

oh and those "2" errors........1 led to a cowboys try ...the other cost us a try....12 points swing there mate

Ron you've had the knives out for him all year. The pass he dropped was hardly on his chest and the dropped ball after the bomb was a dud call. But yeah if you think it was his fault we were down 0-16 that's your opinion.

Anyway the point of my post was not to say he played well but to suggest Fitzy is overly scrutinised. Ayshford had a terrible first half. Farah got the ball stripped from him which led to a try. Would you drop them as well?

@Yossarian said:
@ron burgandy said:

Ron you've had the knives out for him all year. The pass he dropped was hardly on his chest and the dropped ball after the bomb was a dud call. But yeah if you think it was his fault we were down 0-16 that's your opinion.

Anyway the point of my post was not to say he played well but to suggest Fitzy is overly scrutinised. Ayshford had a terrible first half. Farah got the ball stripped from him which led to a try. Would you drop them as well?

The difference is Farah does things to make up for his mistakes. Besides Canberra making Fitzhenry look like Clive Churchill at Leichhardt this year for a minute what else has he done that is all that good this year???

@alien said:
@Yossarian said:
@ron burgandy said:

The difference is Farah does things to make up for his mistakes. Besides Canberra making Fitzhenry look like Clive Churchill at Leichhardt this year for a minute what else has he done that is all that good this year???

So if anyone else made the same two mistakes you'd want them sacked? My point isn't that he deserves a spot, it's that Fitzhenry is overly scrutinised and every mistake he makes his blown out of proporion. Fair enough he hasn't set the world on fire but he's hardly been the disaster some people around here make out. He's actually played a few decent games.

@Yossarian said:
My point isn't that he deserves a spot, it's that Fitzhenry is overly scrutinised and every mistake he makes his blown out of proporion. Fair enough he hasn't set the world on fire but he's hardly been the disaster some people around here make out. He's actually played a few decent games.

I agree.

Personally he would not be in my team but the criticism of him is so over the top and it always has been.

@Yossarian said:
So if anyone else made the same two mistakes you'd want them sacked?

No I said others make mistakes but most make up for it. He knocked on after taking that bomb and it was a knock on. He was facing backwards but the ball went out his side and went forward. Also, he wasn't in the right position to take 2 of Benji passes when we were in an attacking position and because of it both passes went over the sideline. He isn't very fast, very skillful or very strong so he can't afford to make mistakes like that. I didn't say I wanted him sacked from the club but I think we have better options for our firstgrade team.

@alien said:
@Yossarian said:
@ron burgandy said:

His game at fullback v the knights in atrocious conditions was excellent.

& check the tape - he lost the bomb behind him (that is why Wade had to scramble back)!

YOU ONLY EVEN CLAIM (SO ARTICULATELY) THAT **"IT CAME OUT HIS SIDE …DERR..DERR...DRIBBLE"**.

IF THAT WAS THE CASE THAT WOULD MAKE IT LATERAL (THAT IS SIDEWAYS / LINE-BALL) & PLAY ON!!

FITZY HAS NEVER BEEN A WORLD-BEATER BUT HE HAS ACHIEVED ALOT MORE THAN ANY OF HIS CRITICS & DESERVES THE RESPECT OF ANY TRUE SUPPORTER!

HAVING SAID THAT HE WOULD NOT MAKE MY TOP 17 - BUT I'VE NEVER COACHED FIRST GRADE!

I'm no great fan of Fitzy because I just don't see what he adds to the team. Having said that, I'd much rather see Fitzy at 17 than JMo at 7\. Fitzy at 17 is bearable, JMo at 7 was torture.

Back