If u were coach

Hieghno no doubt - the bloke does all the little things when fully fit that so many dont notice - if the team had to choose i know who they choose

This is the sort of question which is impossible to answer. I agree that we need to take into account the price of the player as well as what he offers the team. We also need to consider the alternative. Who would we spend that extra $125k in the scenario on? What would they offer the team???

I know wat Sirro is getting at like Heighno did have a great year last year but other then that wat else has he really done. At the moment they are both playing at about the same level so saving 125K would be worth while…

so u are basing the whole signing of him due to a bad start of the year…. How long has he been injured for? and he is back one game......?

u guys wanted him signed for life less then 12 mths ago... now he has shown loyalty u want him gone or benched due to a bad season.. man u guys are hard to please.... as i said its Typical Aussies.. whilst their hot they are safe..... when they are not, boned

@Mystery said:
I know wat Sirro is getting at like Heighno did have a great year last year but other then that wat else has he really done. At the moment they are both playing at about the same level so saving 125K would be worth while…

Yeh thats what the thread is about Mystery, it wasnt designed to bash Heighno, ive done that enough in other threads.

@T-REXX said:
so u are basing the whole signing of him due to a bad start of the year…. How long has he been injured for? and he is back one game......?

u guys wanted him signed for life less then 12 mths ago... now he has shown loyalty u want him gone or benched due to a bad season.. man u guys are hard to please.... as i said its Typical Aussies.. whilst their hot they are safe..... when they are not, boned

I dont base my assessment on one year.

2005 he was good
2006 and 2007 he deserved to be dropped a few times, he was hot and cold

2008 he was GREAT
2009…....he hasnt been in good form, but more importantly, his style of play has affected us. Benji needs good line runners and Heighno isnt one.

And whats this typical Aussies stuff? Where u from?

Or T-Rexx you could have a little courtesy towards the other users of this forum and simply express your ideas without reducing the discussion to petty name calling

@Allan Towle said:
Heighington and Galea I would keep and bugger off Fulton, Halatau and Payne if his asking price is too high. Though I wouldn't play Heighington an 80-minute player anymore.

CORRECT!!! Please get this message to Sheens!!!

Between Morris leaving and few more to follow we should be able to keep both. But as the question said….which of the 2 would I keep assuming Heignington is on double Galea....i keep Heighington.

I cant for the life of me work out why we are taking Fulton back. I cant find a spot for him. Either another very expensive NSW Cup player or an underperforming first grader.

Sheens needs to continue pressing forward with developing a team that can play "Total Football."

Therefore I would be keeping both players and look to convert Heighington into a ball playing lock in order to possibly play as another 5/8\. Galea's defence is solid but he shows potential as a ball runner and should be converted to a centre. Whilst working on these two players Sheens should accelerate the transformation of Lawrence to the front row and Ayshford to the back row.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
Sheens needs to continue pressing forward with developing a team that can play "Total Football."

Therefore I would be keeping both players and look to convert Heighington into a ball playing lock in order to possibly play as another 5/8\. Galea's defence is solid but he shows potential as a ball runner and should be converted to a centre. Whilst working on these two players Sheens should accelerate the transformation of Lawrence to the front row and Ayshford to the back row.

LOL - I was about to have a go at your post but eventually figured out you were a mastermind type coach.

If I were coach Id have Heighno on any day of the week.

Very ordinary putting poo on the Rhino.

@smeghead said:
Or T-Rexx you could have a little courtesy towards the other users of this forum and simply express your ideas without reducing the discussion to petty name calling

Smeg, Members on here dont show courtesy to players/. contantly they put shite on the players and the way they perform or for what ever reason, i dont see why members need to show the same to other members other then not to hurt their fragile feelings. but i get ur point and ill tone it down.. sorry

Troy

Rhino does make metres.

And there must be about fifty lock forwards in the comp that dont make big yardage and play lock.

Tongue,Johnson,Crocker,Stagg etc etc etc.

I know who is getting old hat and it sure aint the Rhino.

The tit for tat name calling posts in this thread have been deleted. Time to settle down and discuss this thread for what it is or else it will be closed.

For the first half of last year Rhino was making 120-140 metres a game from 16-18 hit-ups which was great go forward, topping the metres gained every week. Some games though in the latter end of the season he'd make 20+ hit-ups for barely 100 metres.. he was carrying Teo & Hammer in the backrow though. I think returning him to a 60 minute player and having him running on the edges instead of always up the middle and he'll recapture his best form. Also try and coach out of him that compulsion he has of hitting it up into the markers.

Back