Injuries

TigerRock

Any updates on skandalis, farah's niggle lawrence's hamstring etc saw a few guys limping might have just been minor things i.e saw tuiaki limp a bit, Any news

Bad time for

Farah
Tuiaki
Skandalis

to go down.

Payne and Galea were limping/in pain at stages too.

Plus Payten on report.

Hopefully they'll all be ok.

It was only Farah being very stubborn that got him out there today in the first place! He needs to be wrapped up and looked after till friday night.
I think Lawrence picked up an arm,elbow,shoulder injury? Did anyone else see him trying to stretch/shake it out in second half?

According to Royce

http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/simmons_rd23.mp3
\
\
Corey Payne. Knee medial ligement damage

Skando, Limped passed him and looks like wont be playing next week.

However Royce is certainly no doctor

Why do we always seem to pick up injuries approaching clashes with the slime.

@cadburys said:
Why do we always seem to pick up injuries approaching clashes with the slime.

The same reason we always play teams when their players return? :laughing:

every team has injuries …
the dressing room is like a casualty ward .. strappers , doctors .massagers....especially at this time of the year ....

Players will play with pain. At this time of year, its about gritting the teeth and bearing it. Farah, Lawrence and Tuiaki will all line up against Parramatta Friday night. Try stopping them from running out.

No one is arguing that these professional athletes play with pain. But today we did pick up more injuries than usual for one game. At this time in our season and with such a big game on friday night it is valid to make enquiries about players surely… :confused:

Surely you guys know that our coaching staff are old foxes when it comes to this stuff. Just listening to Simmons saying we;ll probably have 3-4 changes to our line up for friday, Please! only concerns would be payne and skando, payne will play unless the damage is structural and skando is 50/50 if its a bad cork especially with short turn around. So not too many changes biggest concern is skandalis' cork. Although I guess Halatau is back this week right? So he could slot in nicely.

Tuiaki looked to pick up a cork late in the game. Noticed him limping towards fulltime but it didn't look serious.

Well sounds like Payne's gone…
We have more than enough quality to cover Payne imo... so it shouldn't hurt us too much... if anything it will get Galea more time on the field which is a good thing...

Skando will be huge loss IMO...

I think the rest should be fine from what i saw...

I would bring in either Al Beetham (Surprise packet and has been playing awesome of late, bring some more size and agression to the bench) or Laurie (however i think Parra would run right through him).
Shrinak would get smashed against Parra so doesnt leave us with much size to go with of the bench.

My bench would be:

14-Morris
15-Galea
16-Payne
17-Beetham/Laurie/Akeripa (sometimes something different can work when no-ones knows it is coming).

I just hope to God that they do not add Collis to the bench….that would do me and our hopes.

My forward pack (assuming Payne is out):

8\. Galloway
9\. Farah
10\. Gibbs
11\. Ellis
12\. Galea
13\. Heighington

14\. Morris
15\. Payten
16\. Schirnak
17\. Skandalis (Mataka if out)

@Chipofftheoldblock said:
Shrinak would get smashed against Parra so doesnt leave us with much size to go with of the bench.

What like when he made his debut?

Oh thats right he got smashed on his first hit up and than followed it up with a 15m hitup straight after it.

@smeghead said:

Oh thats right he got smashed on his first hit up and than followed it up with a 15m hitup straight after it.

Smeg….i am not doubting his toughness but he lacks impact (in my opinion). I would rather have a forward that can cause a dent at the line and advance.
Parra are also a different side than the one that we played that Monday night, but in saying that so are we.
It is going to be a cracker of a game and I am sure whoever gets the nob in Skando's place will perform well.

@smeghead said:

Smeg….i am not doubting his toughness but he lacks impact (in my opinion). I would rather have a forward that can cause a dent at the line and advance.
Parra are also a different side than the one that we played that Monday night, but in saying that so are we.
It is going to be a cracker of a game and I am sure whoever gets the nob in Skando's place will perform well.

I wouldn't count on any of the Wests fowards you mentioned getting a run. Laurie has gone complete,y off the boil, and is almost a waste of time for first grade now, and Sheens would be mad to go with an unproven 'impact' foward for such an important game, when players like Shirnack, Mataka and Dwyer are fit to play, and at least have some top grade experience.

Skando is more than likely out which is massive for us, been our most consistent performer since playing at Campbo against Brisbane. Payne has come into some good form lately , been great in the tackling department especially with Galea, we have people to cover for him, because we are the second rowers people, so many of them coming through the ranks. Maybe Mataka could come in, i remember i believe it was him who scored at Parra during our drought breaking win and since then hes gone off the map!

But my big selection would be big Daine Laurie. Ellis will be defending out on the edge and so Fui Fui will run straight at the meat of the foward pack. laurie nullified Fui Fui in the first game, and because Fui FUI only has short spurtts of game time, bring in Laurie to nulify Fui FUi for his short spurts and for some big hits, altthough IMO he can't tackle to save his life!

Back