Staff member
Forum Leader
I'm just posting what i saw:

**Tuiaki** - gone for a while
**Ryan** - knee, but did come back on
**Moltzen** - lower leg??? Hence why he was quiet
**Farah** - right shoulder, did something in the last 10 minutes
**Gibbs** - his first grade career

these are key players…injury list we've had we cant do well in the finals even if we do get there.

the successful teams in the finals are the ones that use the least amount of players and parra are in that bracket who have not changed the side besides 1 or 2 players sice their winning streak began.

This time of year all need to be healthy…unfortunately the injury god has hammered us again....we had a good go tonight, but will be suprised if we make it from here... with Broncos also winning tonight we are on the slide

Well our season gets better.. apparently Moltzen has a potential fracture collar bone.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/56379/tigers-will-clay-their-way-back-morris/default.aspx

Fair to say that those blokes who warmed up with the team last night will start somewhere next week. Collis, Laurie and Hanbury. Players we've had mixed feeling about all year we could be relying on in the next few weeks.

HEAVY INJURY TOLL FOR WESTS TIGERS
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Wests Tigers has suffered a heavy injury toll in the 26-18 loss to the Parramatta Eels on Friday night.

Winger Taniela Tuiaki underwent x-rays this morning.

“Taniela has a broken fibula and an unstable ankle that requires surgery,’’ said Wests Tigers Club Doctor Donald Kuah.

“He will miss the rest of the season as well as the Four Nations tournament.’’

Wests Tigers Football Manager Alan Mair said second-rower Chris Heighington has suffered a posterior cruciate ligament knee injury.

“It is more than likely to be bone bruising but he will have a precautionary MRI scan on Monday. He is in doubt for the Titans game next Saturday,’’ said Mair.

“Winger Beau Ryan has a knee strain and is also in doubt for the Titans match. We will know more after scans on Monday.

“Full-back Tim Moltzen has a possible undersurface fracture of the collarbone and will also have scans on Monday.’’

this was definitely not the weekend i envisioned.
the eels beat the tigers, australia get crushed by england, now the news about the injuries
if new zealand win the bledisloe cup i will neck it

@Kul said:

John Morris pointed out that despite the disruptions due to injuries, the Tigers kept the pressure on a surging Parramatta at a packed SFS.

"We were down on troops and we nearly won the game against one of the form teams in the competition so our season is not gone by any stretch of the imagination," Morris said.

"Now we have to win our last two games.

"It was always going to be tough with both sides in good form and there had to be a loser and unfortunately it was us.

"I think it was a good game for the spectators, but a bit ordinary for us."
I think we will be ok go the Tigers

@farahfan said:
the eels beat the tigers, australia get crushed by england, now the news about the injuries

Ridiculous I know.

@farahfan said:
**if new zealand win the bledisloe cup i will neck it**

NZ won. Bloody hell it would be nich to get at least one win this week. Swans will probably lose to the magpies as well and its looking like australia will lose the ashes. Oh well, at least we got gold in the womens discus in Berlin.

@Kul said:

Add: Galloway - Hand, Heigno - Knee…and we are goneski...

@farahfan said:

You still in the land of the living??? Bad weekend yeh

whilst it does not look good at the moment, lets wait and see what the results are from scans.
real shame for TNT, as he was having a very good season.

Being realistic…no TNT, no Galloway (officially gone), likely no Ryan and Moltzen...Heighno obviously hurt.

AND coming off a GF like game v Parra and the emotional baggage of losing.

If we can beat the Gold Coast, up there, it will be just about this footy club's greatest performance. Ever.

In all likelihood though those are too many injuries to occur at the worst possible time. Our season is probably over.

2010 is shaping up very nicely though :sunglasses:

@Geo. said:
no Galloway (officially gone)

Huh….......more info please......

Alan Mair is in today's SMH…he says Galloway is officially out of the Titans game.

That match really took it's toll.

So going by what ive heard and seen, the following are having problems:

Gallant
Moltzen
Galloway
Heino
Ryan
Tuiaki
Farah

I think our season is over :frowning:

Heighno, Gallant, Tuiaki definitely out next week (listening to 2BL). Moltzen a concern but Ryan not so bad. Didn't hear anything about Galloway or Farah (although he seems to be struggling a bit IMO). Add to that Gibbs on report for going in ith the knee …...aaahhhh..... :brick: . Good thing is history said we should have earned the wooden spoon. Bad thing is those 3 damn close games are biting us on the bum.

Just got home from the Members Day at WT HQ. Moltzen, Ryan, Heighno and Skandalis all expected to be right for the Gold Coast game. And i swore i saw Tame Tupou leaving the car park in a Proton Car around 11.30am unless it was a dead set clone. Skandalis and Lui were never meant to play for Wests this season, yet they did. Tupou a smokey for the Titans game? :confused:

Back