Interesting Stat/comment from last night

bbobb

Don't know how many of you get fox but last night they made the comment that Wests Tigers had one of the best "bomb defusion" or trys conceded from kicks last year and this year we are one of the worst. I thought about that comment and it is actually a back handed comliment to our defence. I think last year teams were just running through us on our goal line, this year opposition teams are having to revert to the kick to try and breach us.

Once we fix our "bomb defusion" (last night was not a good example) and hold the ball in ours and oppostion red zones, we may just win a few games! :smiley:

@bbobb said:
Don't know how many of you get fox but last night they made the comment that Wests Tigers had one of the best "bomb defusion" or trys conceded from kicks last year and this year we are one of the worst. I thought about that comment and it is actually a back handed comliment to our defence. I think last year teams were just running through us on our goal line, this year opposition teams are having to revert to the kick to try and breach us.

Once we fix our "bomb defusion" (last night was not a good example) and hold the ball in ours and oppostion red zones, we may just win a few games! :smiley:

yeah i thought exactly the same.
Warren Smith has made comment that we are great at defusing kicks over the last few years.
But it's definetely because teams never usually have to resort to it. they just go through us.

Back