Is this club confused?

You know back in the day I used to get into discussions / arguments with people armed with an array of stats and facts, and I was often told, in response "only wins matter mate".

And whilst that was usually a defeatist response attempting to substitute for a lack of cohesive argument, I always did take the point that no matter what footy conversation you have, the fan experience really does boil down to wins.

I mean: you can make all the arguments you please, but you aren't selecting sides or making recruitment decisions, so it's all chatter that has no impact on the outcome.

So whilst I can understand some people getting touchy about a post identifying black and orange, but omitting white, I see no point in wasting energy to complain about it. It's like football political correctness, where you can't single out one side of the JV, even after more than 20 years, without worrying to offend someone from the other side.

Am I imagining things however, and do the majority of these complaints come from former Magpies fans? I mean the arm-wrestle is over - Wests own Tigers 90% and the lower grade stuff is Magpies, and I literally could not care less. So I suppose I find it odd on that angle too, that there is no Balmain Tigers in reserves, Wests Ashfield completely own the NRL club, but someone in the media department forgot to mention that there's a thin strip of white on the training jersey.

I think there are two things to consider here. The continual minimising of the gold/orange.
In its purest form gold is orange. 24kt gold in its purest form is far too soft to work with, so other metals are added such as copper or zinc.
The dilution of the “gold” colour is symbolic in that respect and far more anchored to our heritage than a compass point.
Do we want to be a 24kt club?

Gotta move on from on from this crap. I no longer care if they accidentally say black and gold or black and white, Wests or Tigers.

Majority of supporters these days don’t remember the foundation clubs, we are Wests Tigers now.
I'll move on when they stop getting it wrong.
Outsiders, other clubs.. Media... I can understand them getting it wrong occasionally... We shouldn't get it wrong ourselves... It's like you spelling your own name incorrectly.
Some call this crap... I call it attention to detail, it's what professional outfits do

Gotta move on from on from this crap. I no longer care if they accidentally say black and gold or black and white, Wests or Tigers.

Majority of supporters these days don’t remember the foundation clubs, we are Wests Tigers now.
Show me once in the last 23 seasons where the Wests Tigers colours have been written as “black & white”? 🤔

Show me once in the last 23 seasons where the Wests Tigers colours have been written as “black & white”? 🤔
All the contracts are written in black and white. 🤪
Why are we the only club which insists on having a compass point added to our emblem, that is ridiculous.

All the contracts are written in black and white. 🤪
Why are we the only club which insists on having a compass point added to our emblem, that is ridiculous.
I think the Dolphins have shown some leadership in this area. Refusing to be known as the North East Dolphins and dropping the compass reference entirely.

I am almost 40, I grew up with Balmain but started watching footy properly around the time it became Wests Tigers. They are my team, not Balmain. It has been 23 seasons now.
If anything they should increase the orange, only because we are the only team to have orange as a colour, making the fans stand out more in a crowd.

I'll move on when they stop getting it wrong.
Outsiders, other clubs.. Media... I can understand them getting it wrong occasionally... We shouldn't get it wrong ourselves... It's like you spelling your own name incorrectly.
Some call this crap... I call it attention to detail, it's what professional outfits do

Tigers are literally orange, black &
white. Can't understand how they
get this wrong. I'm an ex-Balmain
supporter but I would be filthy too.
Not only unprofessional but it also
alienates part of your supporter base.
Personally, I would love to have a white
jersey/shorts combo. Been a while

Tigers are literally orange, black &
white. Can't understand how they
get this wrong. I'm an ex-Balmain
supporter but I would be filthy too.
Not only unprofessional but it also
alienates part of your supporter base.
Personally, I would love to have a white
jersey/shorts combo. Been a while
The Cincinnati Bengal wore this yesterday and I is just a beautiful kit. Would love to have something like this.
maxresdefault.jpg

Kids are really into colour combos, identity.

Companies formed by JV are never referred to by just the one name either.

It's an easy one.

And can be a passion killer if excluded.

Only a Ginger can call another Ginger, Ginger.

Don't forget the purple stripe Balmain had!
Friggin Rangas ......again apply to my Star Wars thoughts in TT's thread....a joining the Forum inititation if you like ....are you a ranga ...yes .....15000 volts passes through your body ....only fair and reasonable ... we need a certain moral value in the Forum ....agreed

1669078835173.png
How about converting this style with some black flecks through the orange in an NRL jersey ......

Friggin Rangas ......again apply to my Star Wars thoughts in TT's thread....a joining the Forum inititation if you like ....are you a ranga ...yes .....15000 volts passes through your body ....only fair and reasonable ... we need a certain moral value in the Forum ....agreed
Only us Rangas could withstand the 15000 volts.

I honestly believe it comes down to marketing. I have worked in design and marketing for to many years. Black and Orange with splash white gives you a lot to work with. Predominantly white is empty space and evokes nothing. I dont think its been a conscious business decision its just easy to work with those colours to promote a sports team. This of course is only my opinion.
When your client's corporate colours are BLACK, WHITE AND ORANGE . . . whatever you evoke means jack shit.
Are you going to change Coca Cola's colours to blue and yellow coz that evokes more in you ?
I wish my clients would let me change their corporate branding because I found it easier to work with colours that I liked . . . . .

Members online

Back