Isaiah Papali’i #265

From WestsTigers.com​

Papali'i: Never seen anything like it​

Wests Tigers recruit Isaiah Papali'i says he’s ‘never seen anything like it’ after visiting the club’s Centre of Excellence, the Zurich Centre for the first time.
Papali'i with Head Coach, Tim Sheens
Papali'i with Head Coach, Tim Sheens
The former Parramatta Eels star was given a quick look around his new home, having only just arrived back from a tour of Europe.

“It’s pretty unreal,” he said.
I’ve never seen anything like it to be honest.
Isaiah Papali'i
"I’m really excited to be here and around the boys, meeting the coaching staff, and I can ‘t wait to use these facilities in the new year.”
220815---coe-first-day_2-3.jpg

The New Zealand second rower is looking forward to spending a bit of time away from footy after a long and successful season.
He played all 28 games last season for the Eels including the club’s grand final loss to Penrith, before helping the Kiwis to the semi finals at the Rugby League World Cup in England.
"The body feels okay but yeh, it’s been a long season," he said.
"I really enjoyed my time at the World Cup although it was really disappointing to lose the semi to the Kangaroos.
"It was my first experience at a World Cup so hopefully I get to do it again.”

On his current trajectory, there’s a very good chance Papali’i will play at future world cups. The 2021 Dally M Second Rower of the Year is coming off another very successful season, and hopes to make a big contribution at his new club.

“I’m excited to jump into a new team and a new experience," he said.

"I want to challenge myself, play some good footy and do my best for the Wests Tigers."
Papali'i is also impressed with how the new-look pack is shaping up, with the likes of David Klemmer and Api Koroisau also joining the club.

“I really look forward to working with those boys, and everyone in this squad, so when the new season rolls around we’ll be ready to go.”

Before joining the full squad for pre-season training on January 4th, Papali’i plans to put his feet up for a while.
“I’m really looking forward to heading back to New Zealand for Christmas and spending time with my family and friends, and my partner," he said.

"It’s been a while since I last spent Christmas back home with the family, so I am really grateful for that.

"I can’t wait to relax and unwind so that when I return in January, I’m ready and raring to go."

Benji Marshall greets 'Ice'
Benji Marshall greets 'Ice'
Hard work comes naturally for Papali’i, so much so that his girlfriend thinks at times he tries a bit too hard.

“My missus calls me a bit of a ‘Harry Hard-out’, always going a hundred miles an hour,” he explained.

“I love playing football but I enjoy the training aspect of it as well, because when you train well, you play well.”

Get to know Isaiah...
In 2014, Papali'i won two gold medals at the Oceania Weightlifting Championships in New Caledonia, winning the U17(Youth) and U20(Junior) divisions by lifting a personal best of 107 kg in the snatch and 125 kg in the clean and jerk. His parents own a gym in Avondale.
His mother, Lorina Papali'i, represented New Zealand in rugby league and Samoa in rugby union.

Get to know Isaiah...
In 2014, Papali'i won two gold medals at the Oceania Weightlifting Championships in New Caledonia, winning the U17(Youth) and U20(Junior) divisions by lifting a personal best of 107 kg in the snatch and 125 kg in the clean and jerk. His parents own a gym in Avondale.
His mother, Lorina Papali'i, represented New Zealand in rugby league and Samoa in rugby union.
Hey mate, ages ago I posted a vid of him winning one of the titles, clean and jerk I think.
I can't find the post nor is it on the tube. I know I wasn't dreaming.
Can anyone find it and postup.

Reactions: 851
Hey mate, ages ago I posted a vid of him winning one of the titles, clean and jerk I think.
I can't find the post nor is it on the tube. I know I wasn't dreaming.
Can anyone find it and postup.
Yes, I remember you posting that. Couldnt find it but worth a mention again since he is now here bwahaahaa

Back