Isaiah Papali’i #265

"I would think Klemmer, *Bateman*, Papali'i and Korisaour is better then what the Bulldogs have got recruitment wise this year.""

OK so Bulldogs:
Luke thompson
Reed Mahoney
Viliame Kikau
Raymond FM
Ryan Sutton (from Canberra?)
Tevita Pangai Junior.

Look I am glad we seem to be getting a good pack.
Without Bateman we are way worse then the Bulldogs.

With Bateman, it's pretty close.
Api > Mahoney but both can do the job.
Papi/Bateman/offa beats RFM/Sutton/TPJ (unless tpj has a freek day).
Just
Klemmer + pole is no where near as good as Kikau + Thompson.
Kikau is not a prop!!!

In fact if he plays prop - I'd back the Klemmer-Pole combo as far superior to him & Thompson who is yet to show he is NRL standard!

Dud ..good call ...not a Plodder by any means ...but highly overpaid and overrated .... definite upgrade on Seyfarth ...but not worth the coin he thinks he is worth
Yet when those players are lacking a contract, you can get a total bargain.
I recall Cronulla pinching a stack of our players for cheap.
If mr over-rated falls foul of Phil Gould he could become MR bargain Buy.

Yet when those players are lacking a contract, you can get a total bargain.
I recall Cronulla pinching a stack of our players for cheap.
If mr over-rated falls foul of Phil Gould he could become MR bargain Buy.
I heard the talk was 600 k ...I'd pay 300 ...maybe

Cronulla still laugh in our faces over the Fifita deal, we where expected to get L Lewis for the lose of Heighington from Gus, purging Penrith , truth b known it was an original swap, here is the punch line they asked if Fifita can be thrown in, club said yes, because they where broke,,,,,,,,,,,,,again. And all 3 end up at Cronulla,Bill Bailey the X ,ABC weather man was in charge ?- the joint was a shemozzle , so before the establishment (this version ) cops a kick to the guts,lets all be thankful from both sides of a shot gun wedding ,we are still on our feet. HAPPY DAZE - I see nothing but blue skies up ahead, All you Fluffers ,see me Monday -Union fees are due ,lol, peace out. SORRY ,wrong thread, again

I think if you think he is already to make that step to that level your psychologist is waiting for you to attend your next appointment or your script ran out lol
Pin that reply champ!

You'll be eating them words - and you have just destroyed any previous claim you had to being a good judge of a footballer!!

Let's be honest - you needed both a psychologist and an optomestrist when you claimed Nathan Milone could resemble Steve Renouf!!!

I've seen enough in this kid to back him to the hilt and put my reputation on it!!

Go and hoist some more bombs into the gum trees for catching practice!

Pin that reply champ!

You'll be eating them words - and you have just destroyed any previous claim you had to being a good judge of a footballer!!

Let's be honest - you needed both a psychologist and an optomestrist when you claimed Nathan Milone could resemble Steve Renouf!!!

I've seen enough in this kid to back him to the hilt and put my reputation on it!!

10 games
1 win
2 offloads
7 tackle busts

Not saying he’s a bust but boy you’ve gone early.

10 games
1 win
2 offloads
7 tackle busts

Not saying he’s a bust but boy you’ve gone early.
Again - someone with no clue who thinks stats tell a true picture!

Everything he has done since his debut has been all class and consistency!

Watch the game mate!

Glad you aren't scouting or recruiting!!

But if you want MEANINGFUL stats - check his metres per carry - carries per minute on field - speed of play the ball - dropped balls - missed tackles!!

Cronulla still laugh in our faces over the Fifita deal, we where expected to get L Lewis for the lose of Heighington from Gus, purging Penrith , truth b known it was an original swap, here is the punch line they asked if Fifita can be thrown in, club said yes, because they where broke,,,,,,,,,,,,,again. And all 3 end up at Cronulla,Bill Bailey the X ,ABC weather man was in charge ?- the joint was a shemozzle , so before the establishment (this version ) cops a kick to the guts,lets all be thankful from both sides of a shot gun wedding ,we are still on our feet. HAPPY DAZE - I see nothing but blue skies up ahead, All you Fluffers ,see me Monday -Union fees are due ,lol, peace out. SORRY ,wrong thread, again

Flanagan got one over us...... in 2012.

Again - someone with no clue who thinks stats tell a true picture!

Everything he has done since his debut has been all class and consistency!

Watch the game mate!

Glad you aren't scouting or recruiting!!
Stats don’t always tell a true picture but those ones are hardly telling us we have a wrecking ball / game changer on our hands. I’m on his side for now and realise he was the young buck on a really really bad footy team. Sheens has pumped up his tyres so hopefully this year is his break out. p.s I was watching when we continually got our arses handed to us in the games he played.

Pin that reply champ!

Lol good memory

Recruit watch: Isaiah Papali'i
NRL Wed 18 Jan 2023, 06:01 AM

The NRL market has been in full swing for 2023 with several stars switching clubs ahead of the new season.

NRL.com takes a look at the major transfers and how your club will benefit from a star arrival.

Isaiah Papali’i (Wests Tigers)
Position they'll fill: Second row
Contracted until: 2025

View attachment 4079

New recruits Api Koroisau and Isaiah Papali'i share a laugh at training.

What Papali’i will bring​

Former Parramatta forward Isaiah Papali’i arrives to Wests Tigers in slightly different fashion to when he first departed the Warriors in 2020 for Sydney’s west.

Papali’i was a fringe forward at best when Brad Arthur first signed the 24-year-old for a two-year stint that would in the end change his career forever.

Papali’i is one of the most improved and damaging forwards in the game and turns up to Concord as a player who is a consistent and marquee man.

In 2022, Papali'i got through plenty of work in his 28 appearances for the Eels, finishing in the NRL's top 10 in several statistical areas - most runs (fifth - 426), most contact metres (fourth - 1,465m) and most tackles (sixth - 983), while he was 13th for most offloads with 37.

He finished with nine tries, five try assists, 10 line break assists and 12 line breaks, in a year that saw him end up back in the international fold with the Kiwis under Michael Maguire.

Why it will work

You only have to look at where Wests Tigers ranked in 2022, not only on the ladder but in the basic attacking stats areas (metres, post-contact, line breaks) to know that Papali'i is going to improve those numbers immediately.

While there was initial uncertainty around whether the former Eel would actually commit to the switch after a big final year at Parramatta, he has now settled into his new club and there is no reason why he can't be one of the signings of 2023.

Wests Tigers have been crying out for leaders, particularly in their engine room, and Papali’i should provide plenty of support on the right edge alongside five-eighth Adam Doueihi.

The further signings of Api Koroisau, David Klemmer and John Bateman should also take initial heat off Papali'i to hit the ground running.

After a big World Cup campaign, this next move for Papali'i will allow him to take on a new challenge and continue to develop into one of the best second-rower's in the game.

1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣%💪

where is this from? hasnt been confirmed that Papallii will be on the left?

Latest posts

Members online

Back