It doesn't smell like 2005.......

shiretiger

I reckon it smells like 1988, the only difference that I don't believe we will fall over at the last hurdle like we [illegally] did in 1988.

I am excited.

For the kiddies who don't know/can't remember:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_South_Wales_Rugby_League_season_1988

We had a handy pom in the team that year too….....

Trouble is that half of our supporters dont know what that smells like mate. :wink:

Glenn
(From the Balmain side but is all about inclusion)

@senex said:
I was about to say the same thing.

That it smells like 1988 or the Magpie faithfull dont know what it smells like?
\
\
BTW…this thread isn't aimed to put Magpie noses out of joint. I just reckon [to me anyway] that this run to the finals seems more like '88 to me than '05.

The dream would be to replicate the 1988 run by beating the Minor Premiers to make the Grand Final. Now who here would like to beat the DragQueens to make the Grand Final [i'd even settle for the Dogs, but that wouldn't be quite as satisfying]????

Be even better if we beat the Dragqueens then beat the dogs in Grandfinal. Just to make things right the 2nd time around.

@shiretiger said:
@senex said:
I was about to say the same thing.

That it smells like 1988 or the Magpie faithfull dont know what it smells like?
\
\
BTW…this thread isn't aimed to put Magpie noses out of joint. I just reckon [to me anyway] that this run to the finals seems more like '88 to me than '05.

The dream would be to replicate the 1988 run by beating the Minor Premiers to make the Grand Final. Now who here would like to beat the DragQueens to make the Grand Final [i'd even settle for the Dogs, but that wouldn't be quite as satisfying]????

The latter.

Ahhh the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFkPh64I_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtJUAoBBak

If we don't make the finals I'll be content with a positive For and Against differential.

@shiretiger said:
I reckon it smells like 1988, the only difference that I don't believe we will fall over at the last hurdle like we [illegally] did in 1988.

I am excited.

For the kiddies who don't know/can't remember:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_South_Wales_Rugby_League_season_1988

We had a handy pom in the team that year too….....

Well now it really smells like 1988, we lost a Blocker Roach to suspension. :brick:

Nothing soothes the beast like alook at 2005 again. Clicked through some other footage to show Billy Slater throw a wild pass in the World Cup final last year…Benji scored from it. Now that felt good.

its beginning to smell like dis-appointment AGAIN. :brick:
whilst I do believe wests-tigers can win the next two games, :pray: am gonna have to wait and see.
simple fact, not sugar coated, is some games were there for the taking, and they were not capitalised on..
no use crying over opportunities lost.
work to ensure they do not happen AGAIN

@westTAHger said:
whilst I do believe wests-tigers can win the next two games, :pray: am gonna have to wait and see.
simple fact, not sugar coated, is some games were there for the taking, and they were not capitalised on..

Wait and see hopefully we will be smelling "sweet success"!!! :pray: Fingers Crossed…

@westTAHger said:

You couldve said exactly the same thing at the end of the last three seasons

If we don't make the finals I'll be content with a positive For and Against differential.

You make sure you enjoy that, just how you do that ….I dont know

The game against Parra sums it up for me.

We can be anything, do it all, be as good as )and better than anyone….......
Then we lose - OK, we have injuries, we get some bad calls, but we still lose.

Empty feeling beyond the beyond.
All over again.
And if I'm feeling it, I can only imagine what the players are going through.

@innsaneink said:
@westTAHger said:

You couldve said exactly the same thing at the end of the last three seasons

You make sure you enjoy that, just how you do that ….I dont know

If I hear Robbie Farah say "not making the finals in just not acceptable" again I will scream.

Go get em tigers :pray:

@tiger_one said:
The game against Parra sums it up for me.

We can be anything, do it all, be as good as )and better than anyone….......
Then we lose - OK, we have injuries, we get some bad calls, but we still lose.

Empty feeling beyond the beyond.
All over again.
And if I'm feeling it, I can only imagine what the players are going through.

I hear you mate…..but would you have it any other way.....once their in your blood ....

I mean We could go for the Broncs and qualify for the finals for the past 20 years but they suck...
Loyalty....Wests Tigers supporters have it in bucket loads...

I would hope the players feel the same as us IF we miss out again this year....shattered....
but...Hey there is always next year.....

Back