It really is time for Sheens to go........

cnx_tigers

This is not reactionary. This has been coming a while IMO.

At some point Tim has to look in the mirror and say "hang on, these guys are making the EXACT same mistakes they've made since they were rookies. No one has learnt. Maybe they need to hear a new voice".

And walk away…...........for the players own good.

Benji just hasn't matured as a footballer. He still doesn't know how to close out games and, ultimately, Sheens is responsible for that.

Does anyone honestly think he'd still be making these mistakes closing out games if he had Bennet or Hasler as his coach?

Tim is great at bringing talent through, but players don't develop under him. Benji hasn't learnt. Hardly any of our jumiours EVER make rep teams. They just don't develop like they should.

Make no mistake, this is a golden crop at the club. We 'should' have been in at least three grand finals with this bunch.

They need someone who'll hold them accountable in tough moments though. It's time for Tim to walk. Thanks for bringing though a golden bunch, but these guys need to learn how to reach the next level and need someone else to show them. You've proven incapable of getting them to the really elite level that wins comps and thrives when it really matters under pressure.

Who would u like to coach if sheens walked?
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

after the Broncos smash as friday night, then then all the talk will be to get rid of him, it will finally happen this year

For changes to occur with the Tigers coaching personnel, a few more losses will be required before anything potentially happens. Another loss next week won't help the club's cause.

And u see georgallis making us a big success? Stop kidding urselves
\
\

sheens aint going anywhere, today wasnt his fault. im surprised bug hasnt chimed in by now.

isn't this the worst start to a season by the wests tigesr?? makes guys like Lamb and Pearce champion coaches now

@tiger4ever said:
no idea.

The golden crop as you put it…who built the team?lol

1 week without these threads

Don't get me wrong mate, Sheens is EXCELLENT at buliding a squad and bringing them through. I have got a tonne of respect for him as a junior development coach.

But he has proven incable of taking these guys to the next level since 2005\. No one has really 'matured'. No one has gone on to be a test standard player / Kangaroo. No one has proven to be an Origin player.

Apart from Lawrence being gifted a few jerseys and Robbie flopping in two origin games, we are basically the ONLY club not to feature in elite level Australian rep games the past 6 years. We have bombed out of the finals when it really mattered. Those things are the coach's responsibilty. Tim just hasn't been the 'right' person to get us to the NEXT / ELITE level.

Yes, great at bringing kids through though as I am greatful for that. Next level though? No. He's not close to a Bennet or Hasler.

so whos is it then were last 4 straight losses he is the head coach sorry timmys time is out poor old kearney s being copping it why not timmy kearney does not have our roster.

@hybrid_tiger said:
I'm no fan of Sheens but the blame today lies squarely with our braindead players.

Particularly the golden child.
\
\
\

They are his 'brain dead' players. He's their teacher / coach. If they haven't learnt, it's on him.

If you are a teacher and your students make the exact same mistakes year after year…......it's on you to say "hey, maybe they need a new voice / teacher".

I believe he reached his expiry date in 2009\. At that stage he was 1 finals appearance in 7 seasons. That was a fail. The 10, 11 successes appears to be down to Folkes. Throw everything to get him back at the club asap. We have seen so many clubs rotate coaches around frequently when they have failed. Yet we have had the same since 03\. What a joke.

The man's job is as safe as a bank. Something we have to deal with

no bug has enough brains not to blame this on the coach as much as he loathes him.

Its goldens turn to do what he does best…i would hate to be in battle with golden on my team

Golden 2000 was our best start and where did we finish....wake up

Oh is that right...so you tell me why you think hasler or bennett is better....

after brisbane demolish us by 50 on friday well sheens has had enough chances so have the players hear that thats the season slipping into the water. brisbane must be saying what a happy easter against the bunnies sorry tigers of the comp.

@biggest tigers fan said:
all the talk is on kearney.WHAT ABOUT SHEENS!!!

Kearney hasn't proven he can coach yet.

Sheens has been a VERY good coach. Don't misquote me here fellas, I respect what Tim has done. I am not a hater like B Bug etc.

But….....................................Tim simply hasn't proven capable of getting us to the elite level.

Similar to how Nathan Brown was always good enough to get Saints top 4 but brain dead...................Bennet got them 'smart' and premiers.

We need a coach who'll get us over the line in tight ones / tougher.

Shane Dye was a great jockey but he made too many brain dead decisions..........................Tim is like Shane Dye. Brilliant at times, but absolutely dumb at times.

We need a Mick Dittman style tough jockey just to get us over the line. The talent is ALREADY there. Tim has done that part well. He's not the man to get us over the line though.

Hopefully a few horse racing men will get what I mean................. :slight_smile:

Back