Ivan Cleary admits he wants to bring his son Nathan to the Wests Tigers

Cowgirls have JT and Morgan at halves and (at least for us) 'dream' forwards, good coach, winning mentality, one town club etc etc … and than suddenly this year they are going nowhere, according to some 'experts' here - this cannot happen, please explain :crazy

Gould just said on TV he has contacted who he wants to catch Penrith next year and its waiting for an answer yes or no.

So he is certainly talking about Bennett or Cleary.

I ruled out Barrett when he said someone with proven NRL experience at winning.

It looks like Bennett to me.

@ said:
We can have Lewis and Johns as halves it won't matter.

We have Packerlino as props

hear, hear
and about our current, highly paid props: 'you cannot make a cake out of poop' :bash

@ said:
Gould just said on TV he has contacted who he wants to catch Penrith next year and its waiting for an answer yes or no.

So he is certainly talking about Bennett or Cleary.

I ruled out Barrett when he said someone with proven NRL experience at winning.

It looks like Bennett to me.

Sounds like Hassler or McGuire actually, both would have ‘Winning’ records.

Gus said on 100% footy that the position has been offered to a current NRL coach just waiting for an answer.
Either Ivan or Trent Barrett maybe even Seibold!

I can't see it. Why would he be waiting for an answer from Des or Madge?

Surely they would jump at it or could even come in this year.

They are not currently at NRL clubs.

He is waiting for an answer surely becuase he has asked someone to take over that is currently coaching in the NRL elsewhere and is under contract at that club for 2019.

Cleary has a less than 50% winning record as an NRL coach :confused: ..Unca on the other hand ..

I take Gus's ramblings as proven as Winning COMPS..after all Giff got them to finals every year but in Gus's reason for the punt doesn't believe he could win them a Premiership..

@ said:
Agreed
Seriously. IC is a man, who would want to go back to a place where you were sacked, knowing the ONLY reason they want you is to secure your son, give me a break. IC has more balls than accepting that - he wasnt good enough a few years back supposedly but he is now? BS

My money is on Uncle Wayne

Yep from what I have seen of IC he does not seem the type to jump ship ! But with the realisation of a whole club in all grades full of plodders and Re building could take years one never knows!

@ said:
Gus said on 100% footy that the position has been offered to a current NRL coach just waiting for an answer.

Seibold is off contract next year and has Souths playing an exciting brand of footy. He is still young and inexperienced enough to be bullied by Gould. Gould has also said he doesn't become available until next year which isn't Cleary.

@ said:

I think it would be Bennett or Fittler, for Cleary to go back to a club that sacked him, he would need to get a release from a CEO that was also sacked by Gould. No chance

@ said:
@ said:

I think it would be Bennett or Fittler, for Cleary to go back to a club that sacked him, he would need to get a release from a CEO that was also sacked by Gould. No chance

I think that Trent Barrett/ John Cartwright double act might be the front runners.

If it wasnt for Gus's strong denial last week the media would be all over Barrett not Cleary.

Trent Barrett makes a lot of sense.

@ said:
@ said:
If you think Gould/Penrith aren't after Ivan you rocks in your head.

I'd be more concerned about the Dogs avoiding the spoon if it was me

True but we are at least seeing some young blokes comming through. Titans to lose last 4 games and collect the spoon, maybe? Or hopefully Parramatta, thanks for nothing Jarryd Hayne

But seriously you guys it's not Bennett or Siebold it's Cleary and Ivan apparently still has close ties with people there at Penrith so walking back in will not be that awkward.

Gould will be backing a truck load of cash up Ivan's driveway with a strong roster, huge junior programe and their academy, I don't know…....Ivan may park the bus by the side of the road and hand the keys to Robbie. 1st Captian Coach in 50 years but Robbie will be thinking it.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

True but we are at least seeing some young blokes comming through. Titans to lose last 4 games and collect the spoon, maybe? Or hopefully Parramatta, thanks for nothing Jarryd Hayne

But seriously you guys it's not Bennett or Siebold it's Cleary and Ivan apparently still has close ties with people there at Penrith so walking back in will not be that awkward.

Gould will be backing a truck load of cash up Ivan's driveway with a strong roster, huge junior programe and their academy, I don't know…....Ivan may park the bus by the side of the road and hand the keys to Robbie. 1st Captian Coach in 50 years but Robbie will be thinking it.

It's not the walking in part that's awkward, it's the walking out.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

For ivan to go back to penriff would be like going back to a crazy ex, no matter how good the money is

Money is one thing, looking like a tool for the rest of your nrl career is another. Hes built tigers from the scrap heap to where he is now, stated he loves the club, heading in the right direction…why leave?

But seriously you guys it's not Bennett or Siebold it's Cleary …................

You obviously have very good inside information - who is your source ?

Back