Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
That statement from Go is a worry.

He’s gone

Hope you have your clipboard ready to take control of preseason, hobbo!

I’ll be conducting an open training session.
All plodders and Nuffies are welcome!

Free sausage sandwich!

Bring your boots and mouth guard !

Make sure the onions are well cooked and I'll see you at preseason training! Cavet i haven't played for 10 years so I should for right in with the plodders and nuffies!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
No, they can't just walk out…I also can't see a proud man going back to work for a bloke that sacked him. I'd give it zero chance of happening.

REMEMBER = Phil Gould Booted Ivan from Penrith

Gould has publicly come out today and said he may have made a mistake in sacking Cleary….

There it is!!!
Who is Ivan going to hand the bus keys to?

It doesnt matter. Whoever it is will be stuck with Ivan's roster for YEARS.

People on the first few pages though said this couldn’t happen though ? Take your Tigersgoggles off !!!

For the first time in probably 50 years my interest in the NRL has dropped a tad. The game has become predictable and the so called level playing field resembles the topography you find in Nepal, but this will take the cake if Cleary walks. As fans we are asked to dig deep and show loyalty, get on the bus and be part of it.
Of course I will be a supporter for life, but my membership will go

I’d refuse his request straight up if that is the case.
It would throw the scanner in the works for Penrith, and Cleary would still have to perform otherwise his stocks would plummet.
On the other hand it cruels is in regards to retention etc

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
He’s gone

Hope you have your clipboard ready to take control of preseason, hobbo!

I’ll be conducting an open training session.
All plodders and Nuffies are welcome!

Free sausage sandwich!

Bring your boots and mouth guard !

Make sure the onions are well cooked and I'll see you at preseason training! Cavet i haven't played for 10 years so I should for right in with the plodders and nuffies!

Don’t forget your permission slip …
Has to be signed by mum or dad !

@ said:
Either Ivan comes out and says he is staying or we lack him on the spot and show some leadership for once.

It's not that hard. He is stringing us along and we need to do to him what he did to Moses

I'm assuming 'lack' is a typo for sack… Sack him on the spot

Yeah that'd be a real bright move

The obsession with coaching his son is all starting to get a bit over the top from where I stand.
It seems more important to him than anything else and looks like it is clouding his judgement. There is plenty of time for him to coach his son and Nathan seems to be going along fine without him.
Might be time to cut the Clearys loose and get someone whose priorities are about our club and team first.

@ said:
Regardless of the outcome, I am seriously pi55ed that another club like Penrith just waltzes in and entices someone to break a contract, especially the coach.

That is the lowest of low in my book.

You are talking about a serial grub…gus gould
Ive stated here im not a cleary fan anyway but this whole process stinks in my opinion....one upside if he does dog us wayne bennett might be avaliable

@ said:
Ivan strikes me as an old school type of bloke.

Why would he go back to Penrith knowing their motivation for wanting him is simply to re-sign his son? Sounds like a pretty akward home-coming party.

Once they lock Nathan into a 5 year deal, Ivan will probably be given the sack again like Griffin, himself, Elliot, Lang and Simmons before him. If my memory is correct, Gould himself was probably the last Penrith Coach to not be sacked mid-contact.

Next contract NC signs will have the Father son clause inserted in it again.

My guess

Ivan will talk to the club about an upgrade.
Ivan will talk to Nathan and say, Im prepared to come over there if you are not prepared to come over here.

I think he will stay, get an upgrade and his son will come

Theres a tweet doing the rounds Madge will be the new WT coach with ivan asking for a release

Ffs just put this to bed and get it over with

I think this saga will show whether we have grown up as a club, or are still the shambolic mess we have been known as in the past.

If the board play their cards right, they have the chance to lock up both Cleary's, and build a promising future (and deal a severe blow to Penrith at the same time).

If they blink and allow Ivan to walk, we are in an even worse position than we were the day before JT got sacked. The Board may as well follow him out the door, if they allow that to happen.

An interesting time to be alive !

@ said:
@ said:
Regardless of the outcome, I am seriously pi55ed that another club like Penrith just waltzes in and entices someone to break a contract, especially the coach.

Ive stated here im not a cleary fan anyway but this whole process stinks in my opinion....one upside if he does dog us wayne bennett might be avaliable

Wayne is about to get the bullet from the Broncos, he has lost the dressing room the players hate him.

@ said:
@ said:

So whats the upside?

@ said:
People on the first few pages though said this couldn’t happen though ? Take your Tigersgoggles off !!!

One was prepared to bet his house :laughing:

To be fair it hasn't happened yet as far as I know… But I've seen enough in this game recently to never say never

To be fair, Tigers have the advantage here. If we dig in and don't release IC, Penrith need to sign a head coach before 2019 kicks off. We have no such problem. The minute Penrith signs someone, then IC has no options, assuming his drive is to coach NC.

I remember reading an article a while ago talking about the Cleary’s when at the Panthers and that Mrs Cleary was always involved with organising events and game day stuff with the wives and women of the club.

I’m not saying this would be a reason for him to go but I think there are quite a few layers that IC will be considering.

@ said:
The obsession with coaching his son is all starting to get a bit over the top from where I stand.
It seems more important to him than anything else and looks like it is clouding his judgement. There is plenty of time for him to coach his son and Nathan seems to be going along fine without him.
Might be time to cut the Clearys loose and get someone whose priorities are about our club and team first.

100%

Back