Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

@ said:
@ said:
Luke Lewis was asked on 360 tonight if hed have a problem if he were a WTs player and Ivan was off to Penrith.
He said it wouldnt concern him one bit..hed give 100%!
So those suggesting this could be some obstacle to recruitment Id say are barking up the wrong tree.

Well only if we were recruiting Luke Lewis

Luke Lewis never wanted to come to the tigers either way.
So it wouldn’t impact his decision one i ota as he still would have said NO!

@ said:
Luke Lewis was asked on 360 tonight if hed have a problem if he were a WTs player and Ivan was off to Penrith.
So those suggesting this could be some obstacle to recruitment Id say are barking up the wrong tree.

Darius Boyd and Uncle Wayne, yes.

I otherwise fail to see the mass exodus of players any time a coach is sacked, or the distinct lack of signings when a coach doesn't have >2 years to run on his contract.

Not ideal to lose a popular coach but clubs appear to get by.

@ said:

Pretty sure Lewis' captain spoke if it being an issue for players just this week, so would seem to be a live point for some.

I dont think anyone is upset that Ivan wants to coach his son even if it's at the Panthers some time in the future
But it's the Fact that Ivan is being linked to the Panthers next year
Or now in 2021
It's hard to accept so far out from 2021 when Ivan himself more or less demanded that the players either get on the bus or get off it
He didnt give them two years to decide now did he

It's just the way the whole story has erupted
And the media are playing a huge part in this

But who leaked the story and what was the motive behind the leak

It had to come from a Penrith source to try and gain an early release for Ivan
But that didnt work so now its plan B
And that is
Ciraldo as caretaker until Ivan gains a release

Next move is anyone's guess

Can someone PM me when something actually happens or changes. Basically 239 pages and nothing has changed since day one. Just re hashing the same thing, don’t get me wrong I have been guilty of it to, it’s a emotional topic, but would love to actually read something new in the saga

The drama over the coach is painful after all the other drama the Club has copped, but if Ivan wants to sign for the Panthers in 2021 (or sooner) good luck to him and let's extract maximum value and keep going. At least Luke Brooks knows he can build his career at the Tigers, with NC having signed long-term for the Panthers.

If Ivan wants to go to fulfill a dream of coaching his son, then extract full value and grab another coach. All the "we expected the wooden spoon but narrowly missed the eight" talk which the media is promoting around the Tigers of late is defeatist nonsense. We should have been in the finals and dropping games to weak teams cost us. We beat the Roosters and we beat Melbourne (twice) and they're playing in the GF. We also beat Souths and the Dragons, and they were the other major contenders.

I wouldn't mind a coach trying to win the comp in 2019 instead of more talk of a rebuilding process.

From where I'm sitting the board has done a good job. IC was a good signing (even though he was fired from his last job and has a <50% win record), getting Benji and Robbie back was good work. Mbye was a great acquisition and the forward pack has a nice mix of experienced professionals and young bulls. Whatever happens, I hope the board plays it out fairly quickly so the squad and coach get an uninterrupted pre-season and we can go out aiming to go deep into the competition in 2019.

Good luck to young NC, but to be honest if I was IC I think I'd want to let the kid flourish on his own. He's making Origin and on a good contract… why upset that? Especially as Phil Gould is a narcissistic megalomaniac who can bleat all he wants about the Panthers, but was perfectly happy to take the best player of a generation away from the club to the Rorters when it suited his own purposes. Phil Gould's personal interests will always be placed before any player's, any coach's, any club's or the game's and that makes him a dangerous and unpredictable employer. That is only amplified with the father/son dynamic at a club he controls.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out but for the first time in a long time I am confident the Tigers' board will work the angles as best we can for the Tigers and bugger anyone else!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Mrs Cleary your very defensive of Ivan. You find the need to defend him at all cost. Maybe if hubby didn’t meet up with the panfers and discussed leaving the tigers to go be with Nathan boy we wouldn’t be here right now. I know he got upset that Pascoe put him in his place and the legal letter from us put the panfers in their place but did he just think we would just roll over and let you be happy family. Now tell Ivan to man up and tell us what his intentions are once and for all.

P.s tell him to talk from the heart not from a piece of paper so we might half believe him this time. The fans are confused. They players “could” find it difficult to play for him if he has in fact signed with panfers for 2021\. The players don’t know if he will be here next year. And it’s supposedly already cost us one signing. Ivan isn’t bigger than this club, and the media aren’t going to let this go. So just tell hubby to talk to us.

Thanks

Hey Tigerpower,in your humourous post regarding what Ivan has done or hasnt done you mentioned that the players could find it difficult to play for him if he signed with penrith for 2021….they didnt find it difficult in 2018 beating some very astute and formitable teams along the way after being heralded wooden spooners at the commencement of the season...that particular player was Brooks and funnily enough he played the best he has since his debut...all knowing Ivan had only signed a 3 year contract,so why wouldnt they be professional enough to play well for him for the remainder of his contract.....I really think you do see the picture but want to keep stirring the pot for some reason...let it go...

Not stirring, as I’ve said previously I was actually one of Ivan’s vocal supporters. But in my opinion I think his integrity and judgement has been clouded by his obsession to coach his son. If he has signed with Penrith in 2021, How can you sell the dream when you’ve basically told your players your only here for the short term. Again just my take on things and happy to agree to disagree.

Thats a very fair and honest reply.

No doubt people will find fault with it.

Im so confused why the opinion police feel the need for everyone to have their opinion or they must be wrong lol. It’s so strange. But it’s not going to stop us, so keep it coming.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Mrs Cleary your very defensive of Ivan. You find the need to defend him at all cost. Maybe if hubby didn’t meet up with the panfers and discussed leaving the tigers to go be with Nathan boy we wouldn’t be here right now. I know he got upset that Pascoe put him in his place and the legal letter from us put the panfers in their place but did he just think we would just roll over and let you be happy family. Now tell Ivan to man up and tell us what his intentions are once and for all.

P.s tell him to talk from the heart not from a piece of paper so we might half believe him this time. The fans are confused. They players “could” find it difficult to play for him if he has in fact signed with panfers for 2021\. The players don’t know if he will be here next year. And it’s supposedly already cost us one signing. Ivan isn’t bigger than this club, and the media aren’t going to let this go. So just tell hubby to talk to us.

Thanks

Hey Tigerpower,in your humourous post regarding what Ivan has done or hasnt done you mentioned that the players could find it difficult to play for him if he signed with penrith for 2021….they didnt find it difficult in 2018 beating some very astute and formitable teams along the way after being heralded wooden spooners at the commencement of the season...that particular player was Brooks and funnily enough he played the best he has since his debut...all knowing Ivan had only signed a 3 year contract,so why wouldnt they be professional enough to play well for him for the remainder of his contract.....I really think you do see the picture but want to keep stirring the pot for some reason...let it go...

Not stirring, as I’ve said previously I was actually one of Ivan’s vocal supporters. But in my opinion I think his integrity and judgement has been clouded by his obsession to coach his son. If he has signed with Penrith in 2021, How can you sell the dream when you’ve basically told your players your only here for the short term. Again just my take on things and happy to agree to disagree.

Um, whose clouded? You just posted ‘IF’ Ivan has signed on with Penrith 2021

Needaname it sounds like you Needalife. Do you know if Ivan has signed ????? It’s fact he met with panthers and pissed Pascoe off while he had a game to coach that week. Clouded or not clouded???? Until your mate comes out and tells us his intentions we don’t know what’s going on.

@ said:

Thanks so much for this. This really changes our perspective on it. Luke Lewis just spoke on behalf of all players coming off contract. Thank god for that. Because luke Lewis said it won’t be issue we can’t sleep easy. Thank you,

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Needaname it sounds like you Needalife. Do you know if Ivan has signed ????? It’s fact he met with panthers and pissed Pascoe off while he had a game to coach that week. Clouded or not clouded???? Until your mate comes out and tells us his intentions we don’t know what’s going on.

I do actually, I know that his signed but I’m not going to bore you with the details. You can do your own digging around and see what you can come up with. Let me know when you find something thanks.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I do actually, I know that his signed but I’m not going to bore you with the details. You can do your own digging around and see what you can come up with. Let me know when you find something thanks.

That’s a pretty big revelation. Happy for you to bore me and everyone else on here who would like the details.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

That’s a pretty big revelation. Happy for you to bore me and everyone else on here who would like the details.

Nah, I’d rather not share.
But as I said do your own digging and you might find the answer out for yourself.

I've given people every chance to have their say on this topic and yet still some members can't help but make personal attacks against others, make trolling comments and widely speculate on something they have no idea about - resulting in a couple of hundred pages of meaningless crap. Well that ends now as this thread is closed until something official is announced.

Haha Ivan's team of captains

![Screenshot_20190315-101113_Twitter|243x500](upload://bqlFtqPh5vnvwGZhbiUe5PnwJi.jpeg)

![panther|526x488](upload://fHsrKQURLNGnEVhunRBlUcqNCr7.png)

not sure if everyone has seen panthers team for round 1.. well here it is :sweat_smile:

Back