Jahream Bula #269

I reckon it's just how much he can improve his ability to read the game and be in the right positions at the right time to capitalise on offloads through the middle. His speed and fitness wont be an issue, so it will just be building his combinations with guys like Api and Papalii.
I agree. I also think Jahream along with Benji and the coaching staff need to improve his ability to chime into the backline, create the extra man and create plenty of try scoring opportunities.

Jahream will have a major influence on our success this season.
If his attacking game is where it should be, we will be a decent to good attacking side and could easily challenge for the top 8.
If his attacking game gets stuck in the mud, we will likely start the season like we did in 2023 struggling to score points.
Not sure if we have the players to apply pressure on him to perform, maybe Charlie Staines and Heath Mason ?
However there are players such as Tristan Sailor who are definitely NRL quality knocking down the door to get a start in the NRL somewhere as it definitely won’t happen at the Broncos.

I don’t expect his attack to elevate much more this year until towards the back end.

We need to be realistic though.

I’m imagining we will be changing our halves around abit messing with combos mixed with total inexperience and with Olam on Bula preferred running side it will take time to gel.

If he doesn’t have to exert as much energy in defence which took a massive toll last year on the rookie I think we will see more attacking skills/value from him.

What I love about the fullback position is there is no mould. They come in many shapes, sizes and styles. From Greg Inglis to Matty Bowen to Brett Hodgson. You can excel in a number of different ways. Tedesco is so different to Billy Slater, yet I can’t pick which one was better. Both have/had immortal ability.

Jahream is his own kind of special and only getting better. More Dylan Edwards or Gutho than Kalyn Ponga in attack, but one of the better defensive fullbacks in the comp. He moves a bit like David Peachey did, or early Lockyer-more of a glider than an explosive player. The fact he’s so young is exciting, he’s only going to get better.

What I love about the fullback position is there is no mould. They come in many shapes, sizes and styles. From Greg Inglis to Matty Bowen to Brett Hodgson. You can excel in a number of different ways. Tedesco is so different to Billy Slater, yet I can’t pick which one was better. Both have/had immortal ability.
Slater….Easily. Best fullback of the modern era.

Slater….Easily. Best fullback of the modern era.
Definitely not easily. Like I said I’m undecided. Teddy has been unbelievably consistent and that’s why I have them on par.

That QLD team will be remembered as a collective which is why a lot of them will go down as immortals. Blessed timing.

Bula is very reminiscent of David Peachey in his style. Looks very at ease, but fast enough, agile enough, strong enough...and ends up in the right spot more & more often.

He's still learning the game. He's already one of our best, and he's going to get better.

We can't lock these guys up long enough.

Jahream is his own kind of special and only getting better. More Dylan Edwards or Gutho than Kalyn Ponga in attack, but one of the better defensive fullbacks in the comp. He moves a bit like David Peachey did, or early Lockyer-more of a glider than an explosive player. The fact he’s so young is exciting, he’s only going to get better.
Was so disappointed to read on here during the off-season that some fans didn't think he was good enough for us.

The Edwards comparison is apt for his defence prowess. In attack I can't place it, but the confidence to move the ball around on kick returns, and willingness to back himself this year inside the opposition 20 have him on a very exciting trajectory.

Definitely not easily. Like I said I’m undecided. Teddy has been unbelievably consistent and that’s why I have them on par.

That QLD team will be remembered as a collective which is why a lot of them will go down as immortals. Blessed timing.
Slater is easily the benchmark for fullbacks. Tedesco has been consistently good but nowhere near the class of Slater.

Was so disappointed to read on here during the off-season that some fans didn't think he was good enough for us.

The Edwards comparison is apt for his defence prowess. In attack I can't place it, but the confidence to move the ball around on kick returns, and willingness to back himself this year inside the opposition 20 have him on a very exciting trajectory.
A very simple concept but by moving the point of attack the defensive unit has to shift, opening up opportunities. It disappeared from the game when chasers were allowed to move forward whilst being in front of the kicker.

In a very early 2005 game against the Roosters, Benji took a kick off 10 metres out from the try line and passed 25 odd metres across the posts to a runner - sheer chaos for the defensive line as they had not chased aggressively on that side of the field.

Back