James Graham

If we were to pick up Graham, we would certainly be building an Origin-proof roster.

As ordinary as our seasons have been, it's hurt losing Farah, Woods and Tedesco for chunks of the year, because we have had little star quality outside of those players.

Load up on Kiwis and Poms, no dramas!

@ said:
Graham's had a bit of a down year, but he's still got another year or two of quality to offer.

But with that said I'd still prioritise somehow luring either **Jackson or Klemmer over. Both are probably worthwhile signings on the entirety of their deals**, unlike players like Eastwood/Graham who the Dogs will almost certainly have to subsidise.

Makes great sense. Would fix the dogs cap in one hit and we get a gun. Would prefer Jackson - between him and ET, the middle would be as tight as a drum. Klemmer coming would be gold (the look on Wood's face!). Graham on a 50/50 split would be option 3 for me. I can't imagine the dogs paying more than 50% would have too much impact on their cap crisis. He would still need replacing (in their 30) with a minimum wage player (at worst).

Graham would be a terrible signing at anything above 400k he is well past his use by date and even when at his best gave lots of dumb penalties

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Graham HAS been good over the years,he is on the decline and we should look to others that maybe available…I don't think he will be our solution for his price...

I think he like many at the dogs have gone stale

I strongly disagree the best is beyond him

a change will revive the best in him

Look at Uate for example…

Yes but Uate hasn't been bashed around in the front row for nearly 400 games as Graham has. I think, at 32, he's on the slippery slope and his value has to reflect that.

Graham is not the same player he was 2 years ago. He used to monster people in defence. Not sure if it's due to the neck injury but he seems very limited in defence and attack. He will go to the knights who will need an experienced leader to bolster their forward pack. I don't think we need him here, not at his price tag anyway. My fanatic bulldogs mate reckons the dogs are happy to subsidise up to $400k of his contract, leaving $600k leftover.

If it was the other way around WT pay $400K dogs $600K I'd think about it.

@ said:
Graham's had a bit of a down year, but he's still got another year or two of quality to offer.

But with that said I'd still prioritise somehow luring either Jackson or Klemmer over. Both are probably worthwhile signings on the entirety of their deals, unlike players like Eastwood/Graham who the Dogs will almost certainly have to subsidise.

It would be funny if Woods best bud came over here and he went to the dogs.

He's declined terribly, so would offer more off the field than on it.
Would only take him if the financial terms were extremely skewed in our favour.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I think he like many at the dogs have gone stale

I strongly disagree the best is beyond him

a change will revive the best in him

Look at Uate for example…

Yes but Uate hasn't been bashed around in the front row for nearly 400 games as Graham has. I think, at 32, he's on the slippery slope and his value has to reflect that.

Graham is not the same player he was 2 years ago. He used to monster people in defence. Not sure if it's due to the neck injury but he seems very limited in defence and attack. He will go to the knights who will need an experienced leader to bolster their forward pack. I don't think we need him here, not at his price tag anyway. My fanatic bulldogs mate reckons the dogs are happy to subsidise up to $400k of his contract, leaving $600k leftover.

Thats still overs. No thanls. Rather go for Paasi.

Yep I agree.

Initially was a no for me but a yes now. Make it happen. Think he would be an important piece to the puzzle

Hearing it's a done deal to the Dragons will the Bulldogs paying more than half the $

This is hilarious. Woods must be scratching his head. Only need Klemmer to leave now and Woodsy will be all in his lonesome.

@ said:
Hearing it's a done deal to the Dragons will the Bulldogs paying more than half the $

Apparently way more than half, it's close to the Souths/Farah deal but getting nowhere near the headline traction that we got.

I would take Graham as i think Des has just been using him as a battering ram, Change of Club & Coach & you will see the old James Graham.

@ said:
@ said:

Apparently way more than half, it's close to the Souths/Farah deal but getting nowhere near the headline traction that we got.

Great news

The more the dog's pay the more players they lose

@ said:
@ said:

Speaking of lack of traction . Reports today that RF is being shopped around by Souths . Bet that doesn't get 10% of the headlines that the WTs got last year .

Latest posts

Members online

Back