James Tamou

We were running backwards (turning back to the opposition and running back to get set)- that stuff is under 12s.
Not well coached, not prepared , not fit, the list could go on. We wouldn’t beat the Bathurst penguins .

We been doing that since day dot - It drives me nuts....
WT's can't run backwards.

Would be hard to retire if he’s banned for the remainder of season though. In his last nrl game he captained a record loss and blew a gasket to boot.

I would bet anything he ends up back at Penrith on bugger all for a couple years and working off field when he's done.

Jimmy can stand tall, Noddy looks
like a bloke that has embraced
His role fully as caretaker coach.
Why we didn't allow Ben Gardiner
Coach the first grade side is
Beyond me. Too good to run the
water, Shame we're letting him go

Noddy, like many others, likely has his head out the door. Hard to expect a team to be competitive when so many are thinking about what they're doing after this year.

What happened to Gardiner.
Thought he was nxt in line. Wonder why we went with Luke's Dad?

Noddy, like many others, likely has his head out the door. Hard to expect a team to be competitive when so many are thinking about what they're doing after this year.

Absolutely, I have the same
Impression. Guys have one
foot out the door my friend.

What happened to Gardiner.
Thought he was nxt in line. Wonder why we went with Luke's Dad?

Haha no clue brother, he seemed
to have a really good repore with
some of the boys. Being a teacher
Would help no doubt. 2022 is in
The dustbin far as I'm concerned.
I'll always back us and front up
on anyone, always next year...

James was all class last night calling that cheating so and so out , I know it not right to abuse a ref ever but I was right behind him last night , we play like shit but we don’t have to put up with the shit we have coup from match officials for most of the year .

Sad way for Tamou to end his career, if only we had Klown yesterday he could have made the send-off worthwhile and gone out an all time legend. Instead Tamou was reminded the cost of passion and honesty in the NRL, so he promptly bent over and touched his toes in true WT's fashion never to be seen again, while for Klown the repercussions lasted an entire weekend.

Tamou’s Emotional apology after ‘incompetent’ spray likely ends NRL career​

Wests Tigers captain James Tamou was sent off after calling the ref “f***ing incompetent” but was a broken man when he realised what he did.

Roosters forward Angus Crichton had just lost the ball out of dummy-half but Cummins ruled it went backwards.

Tamou was then seen barking at Cummins while he was part of a three-man tackle of Crichton.

Cummins blew a penalty straight away and sent Tamou to the sin bin, holding up 10 fingers and saying: “You can go”.

A furious Tamou hit back: “You are f***ing incompetant you are.”

That was enough for Cummins to upgrade the sin bin to a complete send off.

Tamou was not done and had a few more things to say before leaving the field.

But the red haze quickly wore off and Tamou understood the gravity of what he had done, fronting the media in the press conference to apologise for the moment.

“The actions aren’t acceptable towards the jersey, the club, the players trying their backsides off.

“I took the easy way out instead of shaking their hands and looking them in the eye and I’ve got to wear that all week now, wear the criticism. I’ve got four kids at home and that’s how they’re going to see how their dad acts.

“So I’ll wear the criticism all week, I have to be accountable for my actions because the actions aren’t acceptable and I’ve let everyone down.

“I’ve let myself down, I’m embarrassed. I’ve let a lot of people down.

“Instead of looking myself in the mirror and being accountable, I took it out on the wrong people and again that’s taking the easy way out. I’m obviously shattered.”

Tamou said he didn’t think it might be his last act on an NRL field but admitted it was a devastating prospect.

“Yeah I didn’t think of that until someone just mentioned it and my heart dropped,” Tamou said “But I’ve got to be accountable for my actions. It would be a tough way to go, for a game that has given me a lot and I’ve dedicated my body to, so yeah it’s just something I’ll have to deal with.

“It’s a great game, I love this game and give everything to this game and however many games you play, it’s one of those games where you can’t walk around and think you’ve done it all because you’ll get left behind,” Tamou said.

“You’ve always got to be a student of the game and I feel like I keep on learning and that’s what I love about the game.

“You give everything to this game. You don’t just turn up to training then go home and switch off. You’re a 24-hour player, you go home, recover, you eat, I love everything about that.

“I love dedicating my body to that, I’ve done it for so long and it’d be great to go around again but I’m also a bit of a pessimist and if that time comes where I’ve got to hang up the boots I’ll be a realist and go out and find a job.”

Coach Brett Kimmorley said it was “extremely tough” to see him in such a shattered state.

“Jimmy was the first person to put his hand up and say I want to come and do the press conference and be accountable,” Kimmorley said.

“That’s more the stature of the man than 300 games, it’s a great person. He said I’m going to go front them and put my hand up and he’s done really well to be strong enough to do that.”
At least he went out with a truth bomb! Probably a hangover from the cowboys affair. Problem is we are incompetent too!

Didn’t matter who carried the clip board this year the bozo’s in charge quit.

I'll pay that, WT never quit though
No but we do go into a season with less than the allowable 30 players then start offloading the ones we do have to good clubs. We should be investigated for trying to lose on purpose.

No but we do go into a season with less than the allowable 30 players then start offloading the ones we do have to good clubs. We should be investigated for trying to lose on purpose.

I hear ur concerns, but relax
Next year is a different year bro.

We'll strike gold eventually 😂

I too would be very disappointed to see Ben Gardiner leave the club ! Is that definite ! what a shame if it is, I think he would be very popular with the players

Latest posts

Back