James Tamou

Madge sticking with him embarrassed him to put in,and now they've won a couple and his gotten interested.

Wanted him on field longer yesterday.

Still got footy in him and will go better if we get anywhere near finals on motivation.

1 year incentive contracts to keep him focused.

100%. I reckon he had huge regrets coming here.
I dont think he regretted coming here,players of Tamous quality and ability get used to a system,in Jims case the Panthers system,a well drilled,well coached team and a professional organisation all round....what did he get here,an absolute basket case of a place that needed change badly,poor roster with high priced players out of form and some youth...
All the success we are having on the field is major contributions from James and Jacko,the coaching was always there,its the players that needed to reform and reform quickly....

Agree

Contract Year Tamou > Non-Contract Year Tamou
He was definitely bludging last year (for whatever reason), but this year I think he's just playing for pride and for his team. At best, he knows he can get one more contract but he seems to take pride in his performances, and I'd say last year was an anomaly in an otherwise splendid career.

He doesn't wanna finish up like he did last year.

Who wouldn’t 😂
If your kid made grade would you let him play for Wests Tigers ?
I’d move to Melbourne
Certainly not. I would actively campaign against it.
Yeah Melbourne and Penrith systems are the only ones worth joining currently.

Agree

Contract Year Tamou > Non-Contract Year Tamou
Potentially.
It could also be put down to his aging body. He did have almost a career ending injury in 2017 and started off slow in his first few years at the Panthers.
In saying that 2019 at Penrith was a lot like our 2021 (unfortunately it doesn’t seem like Penriths 2020 is going to mirror our 2022) and the whole team was impacted by the lack of conditioning to the new rules. Another year on and the penalties coming back in I think he and the forward pack in general are benefiting from getting more conditioned and showing more steel.

He's turning up and it's making a huge difference.

Might even be worth giving another year.
I think Demps that this might happen.
He's providing what we need atm and it's a pity that Stef is not here because James, Stef and Musgrove potentially could be one of the best front rows in the comp.
If we don't snag anyone else, I can't see why another year would be a problem.
It would largely depend on whether he's up to the gruelling preseason training sessions again.

I think Demps that this might happen.
He's providing what we need atm and it's a pity that Stef is not here because James, Stef and Musgrove potentially could be one of the best front rows in the comp.
If we don't snag anyone else, I can't see why another year would be a problem.
It would largely depend on whether he's up to the gruelling preseason training sessions again.
Exactly.

We're probably losing Mikaeke and can't get many signings through the door, so it all makes sense.

Some of you guys are the biggest losers in the world. Imagine telling your kid not to play for the Tigers. I'd disown my kid if he played for another club.
Agreed.

I did threaten this when my eldest (7 y/o at the Time) wanted to follow his grand dad (my dad) and go for the Dragons.

It lasted less than an hour and he was back.

PS - If your Kids don't watch the games or are to young, do what I still do and Lie to them about our weekly results.

I've been a massive critic of Tamou since 'day 1'. However, the past couple of weeks he has really put in. I would offer him another year if he maintains this form over the next couple of months.

Reactions: BZN
Blokes like Pole are top 30 Next year as well though yeah??
We hope .you just dont know how they handle the NRL grind week in week out...but its a punt ....and we have taken plenty of punts over the years....

I may be well alone here, and admit Tamou has been a flop (for the most part), though I really feel that he is the embodiment of our infectious culture problem... proof of it in fact!

Without Hastings spark, Tamou couldn't catch rhythm, like he was a peak soldier, missing the general.

Hastings needs a Tamou, as much as a Tamou needs a Hastings.

I believe we are in for a world of trouble losing both Leilua and Kuilagi next yr. Papalii isnt enough, I rate Seyfarth highly, but he also wont be enough. I feel this is a massive moment for our recruitment, and the kind of players that could change our culture.

Last edited:
Back