James Tamou

We hope .you just dont know how they handle the NRL grind week in week out...but its a punt ....and we have taken plenty of punts over the years....
Not hope - he’s signed to top 30 next year isn’t he?

I've been a massive critic of Tamou since 'day 1'. However, the past couple of weeks he has really put in. I would offer him another year if he maintains this form over the next couple of months.
He’s not changing clubs again. Hopefully he’ll play for us on a modest $ yearly basis with a view to medical retirement possibly

Started season okay after being disappointing last season and has now fallen off a cliff. I get that it's too embarrassing to drop him because he's a nice guy but start him from the bench and give him only 15 minutes either side of the half to try to hide him as much as possible. He has no puff in attack and is possibly our worst middle defender. Absolute shell of his former self.

yup i agree. he cant be signed surely next year and he didnt exactly give a glowing endorsement of the club when questioned about Ice coming to the club in the interview on Wednesday

Tamou’s Emotional apology after ‘incompetent’ spray likely ends NRL career​

Wests Tigers captain James Tamou was sent off after calling the ref “f***ing incompetent” but was a broken man when he realised what he did.

Roosters forward Angus Crichton had just lost the ball out of dummy-half but Cummins ruled it went backwards.

Tamou was then seen barking at Cummins while he was part of a three-man tackle of Crichton.

Cummins blew a penalty straight away and sent Tamou to the sin bin, holding up 10 fingers and saying: “You can go”.

A furious Tamou hit back: “You are f***ing incompetant you are.”

That was enough for Cummins to upgrade the sin bin to a complete send off.

Tamou was not done and had a few more things to say before leaving the field.

But the red haze quickly wore off and Tamou understood the gravity of what he had done, fronting the media in the press conference to apologise for the moment.

“The actions aren’t acceptable towards the jersey, the club, the players trying their backsides off.

“I took the easy way out instead of shaking their hands and looking them in the eye and I’ve got to wear that all week now, wear the criticism. I’ve got four kids at home and that’s how they’re going to see how their dad acts.

“So I’ll wear the criticism all week, I have to be accountable for my actions because the actions aren’t acceptable and I’ve let everyone down.

“I’ve let myself down, I’m embarrassed. I’ve let a lot of people down.

“Instead of looking myself in the mirror and being accountable, I took it out on the wrong people and again that’s taking the easy way out. I’m obviously shattered.”

Tamou said he didn’t think it might be his last act on an NRL field but admitted it was a devastating prospect.

“Yeah I didn’t think of that until someone just mentioned it and my heart dropped,” Tamou said “But I’ve got to be accountable for my actions. It would be a tough way to go, for a game that has given me a lot and I’ve dedicated my body to, so yeah it’s just something I’ll have to deal with.

“It’s a great game, I love this game and give everything to this game and however many games you play, it’s one of those games where you can’t walk around and think you’ve done it all because you’ll get left behind,” Tamou said.

“You’ve always got to be a student of the game and I feel like I keep on learning and that’s what I love about the game.

“You give everything to this game. You don’t just turn up to training then go home and switch off. You’re a 24-hour player, you go home, recover, you eat, I love everything about that.

“I love dedicating my body to that, I’ve done it for so long and it’d be great to go around again but I’m also a bit of a pessimist and if that time comes where I’ve got to hang up the boots I’ll be a realist and go out and find a job.”

Coach Brett Kimmorley said it was “extremely tough” to see him in such a shattered state.

“Jimmy was the first person to put his hand up and say I want to come and do the press conference and be accountable,” Kimmorley said.

“That’s more the stature of the man than 300 games, it’s a great person. He said I’m going to go front them and put my hand up and he’s done really well to be strong enough to do that.”

He was playing pretty well until a couple of weeks ago.

I think he was then told he wouldn’t be resigned when he thought it would be Lilly for another year.

Blown the wind out of his sails - no it’s turned into a nightmare

Pole doesn't have the fitness for first grade.
😂😂😂
Which of our squad members are you comparing him too...
I said a while back - We're the flatest team in the comp.
They must train the fkn shit out of them through the week, And game day is recovery....

We more often than not look like we have about 60% of the fitness of the other teams from the kick off.

😂😂😂
Which of our squad members are you comparing him too...
I said a while back - We're the flatest team in the comp.
They must train the fkn shit out of them through the week, And game day is recovery....

We more often than not look like we have about 60% of the fitness of the other teams from the kick off.
A lot has changed since that comment.

He's been a shining light.
Proved me wrong.

I'm happy about that too.
I love being proved wrong about players and they turn out better than expected.

I'm sure you can go find me saying Nu Brown is a dud somewhere too, based on watching him closely at the Dogs & he too, has proved me wrong.

Feel sorry for the bloke who has played over 300 NRL games in the engine room, won comp with Cowboys and played GF with Penrith. Represented Australia and NSW.

Hope he retires than to go around another 12 months further tarnishing his representation.

A lot has changed since that comment.

He's been a shining light.
Proved me wrong.

I'm happy about that too.
I love being proved wrong about players and they turn out better than expected.

I'm sure you can go find me saying Nu Brown is a dud somewhere too, based on watching him closely at the Dogs & he too, has proved me wrong.
Fk... I didn't see it was so far back....
Apologies.

I stand by what I wrote - Our blokes just don't have enough in the tank....
Might have something to do with the 90 yr old strength guy with the confetti that no other club wants and seems to continually survive our coaching shake ups.

Fk... I didn't see it was so far back....
Apologies.

I stand by what I wrote - Our blokes just don't have enough in the tank....
Might have something to do with the 90 yr old strength guy with the confetti that no other club wants and seems to continually survive our coaching shake ups.
Benji is sacking them all...
Bringing in his own crew.

Was an article today.

Benji is sacking them all...
Bringing in his own crew.

Was an article today.
#Benjiball 2025....

We need to start brewing our own beer now man...
No way we're going to be able to afford the amount we're gonna need to drink in a few years.

#Benjiball 2025....

We need to start brewing our own beer now man...
No way we're going to be able to afford the amount we're gonna need to drink in a few years.
The amount of my msgs I have received since the game ended is beyond a joke.

We are a laughing stock...
Some people seem to feel sorry for us though.

Worse than the doggies game last year, final round.

Some one needs to be held accountable for this mess.

We were running backwards (turning back to the opposition and running back to get set)- that stuff is under 12s.
Not well coached, not prepared , not fit, the list could go on. We wouldn’t beat the Bathurst penguins .

Feel sorry for the bloke who has played over 300 NRL games in the engine room, won comp with Cowboys and played GF with Penrith. Represented Australia and NSW.

Hope he retires than to go around another 12 months further tarnishing his representation.
Would be hard to retire if he’s banned for the remainder of season though. In his last nrl game he captained a record loss and blew a gasket to boot.

Back