OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

He’s playing a 2 game series against England this year, he’s not playing in the Pacific Championship like Samoa did last year. First game is October 28th and the second is November 3rd, after that Samoa is done for the year. A few people online that attended the Panthers awards last night took photos with Luai and Turuva and was told by them that they both will rock up to Tigers training mid December to help out. Its been posted in a couple of Tigers groups I’m in by the same people so I reckon they’re telling the truth.
I’m not saying he won’t be at training. I just don’t see him participating til the new year. Same with Turuva
 
I’m not saying he won’t be at training. I just don’t see him participating til the new year. Same with Turuva
I reckon they’ll train maybe not full on training but at least some sort of training otherwise what are they gonna do all day?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: BZN
They don’t have to be at the club site itself to do that but I imagine they’ll be a media crew at some point there wanting to talk to him and possibly Turuva.
They should want them there as soon as humanly possible. In Tigers gear and milk the hell out of it.
 
RLPA regulations forbids players from returning too soon. I think off season has to be at least 6-8 weeks for them.

I think Luai will do what Crichton did this year. He will come early but not actively participate in training until he's allowed to.
So the new year then? This was always obvious
 
They should want them there as soon as humanly possible. In Tigers gear and milk the hell out of it.
That’ll only get you so far though, especially with a club like ours that hasn’t played finals footy in so long. They know it’s the results that count the most, not how many interviews he can do saying how good the club is. I’m not saying he won’t do some milking I imagine he will, but he knows it won’t change us.
 
That’ll only get you so far though, especially with a club like ours that hasn’t played finals footy in so long. They know it’s the results that count the most, not how many interviews he can do saying how good the club is. I’m not saying he won’t do some milking I imagine he will, but he knows it won’t change us.
Tell that to the membership department
 
RLPA regulations forbids players from returning too soon. I think off season has to be at least 6-8 weeks for them.

I think Luai will do what Crichton did this year. He will come early but not actively participate in training until he's allowed to.
He's a million dollar player with the weight of the club on his shoulders, but I can understand his unwillingness to rush early to the 3 time spooners
 
Atlanta Falcons head coach reportedly did nothing football related for his first two weeks in the role. with intention of getting the roster to learn about each other away from the sport. Hopefully Benji is installing some team building stuff over the off-season / pre-season.

Agree with a lot of comments on here that we rarely play like a connected side.
 
That's exactly what we need to do - with a Wests Tigers spin on it to meet our needs as opposed to cloning something Penrith or Melbourne does. Maybe the way we engage the pathways is a little different to match our region, maybe we inculcate some 05 energy into the place but we certainly need to make it first class in every aspect. It will take a little time to get there though.
  • Systems developed that play a methodical plan that enables ad lib (really easy to say - very difficult to achieve)
  • Systems mirrored thoughout the grades.
  • Talent identified early and juniors mentored on a palthway to success (or out of the system).
  • Pathways for coaching staff (that includes a focus on development)
I've learnt the meaning of a new word just now...'inculcate'.......wow!!! 👏 👏 👏
 
You spray players during the year, you spray them at training, occasionally during games.
You DO NOT spray during the final moments of a GF. That is not leadership.

BTW…I don’t think he did spray him as I said earlier.
As far as i'm concerned, if you stuff up and the game is still going, there's nothing wrong with a spray... 2 mins to go or not..
 
Probably wondering if the money is going to be worth leaving his childhood mates.
Of course he should be captain, then he’s primed to set a d expect certain standards. And API needs to just focus on his game, he’s proven himself many times over.
Half of his childhood mates have already left, I don't think that's an issue at all.
Jarome is a very "present" person.
I don't think there was any more to it than soaking in what he's achieved and enjoying the moment.
 
Obviously money was the biggest factor but it wasn't the only factor. For the record we offered the same money as the Dogs.

"To be honest, I thought I was going there [Bulldogs]. They had [former Panthers] Critta [Stephen Crichton], Burto [Matt Burton], Ciro [Ciraldo] and Kiks [Viliame Kikau] there. But I wanted to go somewhere I was uncomfortable. The real challenge is, ‘Can I do it on my own?’ I was speaking to my dad about it, and we agreed that if I left Penrith, the Bulldogs would be a good fit for me. I would be comfortable there. I didn’t want to be comfortable. I wanted the real challenge.”
what a guy
 

Latest posts

Back
Top