OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Unlikely. The contract was signed after he was dismissed... and the leaks have been going on well before Lee's time.

Need to look at who has been around during all these periods, and who was gone during the quiet ones.
Any time line on when Bula changed managers, that deal was done a year ago, and the article stated moses would miss out on a cut because contract not signed with him, something is rotten in Amsterdam n it aint the cafe's
 
So what, even if he had a contract without clauses and he wanted to leave in two years his chances of getting a release are quite high in this day and age. If he plays well and we succeed then why would he want to leave, if he falls short on being able to make a difference who is going to offer him the kind of money he is on. So many variables,

If we had of signed him on a two year deal alone I would have still been happy. Would he heave signed without the clauses probably not and then what.

Live in the moment I say. We have him for two years that’s a positive in its self.
 
Again, It's just speculation however they type and timing of the leaks have changed.

They seemed to be managed.

And I think Dennis is an unfair target.........not to say we shouldn't add to our skills.

But Baz was on before, what did he bring?

What is even expected?

Sure an Easts board would be nice but you won't find that at a recruitment agency.
It may be a coincidence, but you have to admit, the leaks stopped last year when he was off the board and now they have suddenly started again.

He's one of the very few constants throughout the multiple years of leaks. I struggle to think of anyone else. Danny Stapleton is another, but he was there when it was quiet last year.

... and even if it was internally known that Dennis was doing it. He'd be one of the few people that couldn't be dismissed.
 
Last edited:
The biggest thing that irks me about these clause's is he can sign for another club from Nov 1 next year.
If the clause kicked in the year after meaning he's here a minimum of 3 years i'd be a lot more comfortable with that.

Do i think he'll sign elsewhere after just 1 season, highly unlikely but still possible. I think he is a man of his word but we all know how this joint can drag you down. It's the uncertainty that now is there that wasn't there previously not that we knew anyway.
 
It may be a coincidence, but you have to admit, the leaks stopped last year when he was off the board and now they have suddenly started again.

He's one of the very few constants throughout the multiple years of leaks. I struggle to think of anyone else. Danny Stapleton is another, but he was there when it was quiet last year.

... and even if it was internally known that Dennis was doing it. He'd be one of the few people that couldn't be dismissed.

We will never know for sure but Danny's leak during the Balmain issue and this one seem cultivated to steer towards a certain eventuality.

I suppose we can't completely rule out players management, in order to pressure the club for their agent.

Good thing to with Luai because this would've come out later.....best now before he arrives forcing him to prove his worth.

Former leaks seem ego driven and unprofessional.

One experienced manager.
 
The biggest thing that irks me about these clause's is he can sign for another club from Nov 1 next year.
If the clause kicked in the year after meaning he's here a minimum of 3 years i'd be a lot more comfortable with that.

Do i think he'll sign elsewhere after just 1 season, highly unlikely but still possible. I think he is a man of his word but we all know how this joint can drag you down. It's the uncertainty that now is there that wasn't there previously not that we knew anyway.
It’s hard to blame the guy. Everyone else was turning us down, he said yes. Even if it’s two years guaranteed, it’s two more than I thought I’d ever see. If we’re on the move next season I don’t see him moving on. If we run last twice again well you couldn’t fault him for leaving.
 
I’m on the other side. I’d rather not know and keep it behind closed doors. As others mentioned I feel a bit deflated knowing he could potentially not see out his contract before he’s even laced a boot for us.

I still reckon he’ll give 100%, but it could end up ugly if we don’t perform
Imo Speed2burn it will get very ugly if we don't perform.
Luai will leave and who could blame him.
Then there will be a massive walkout of players, Benji will be sacked, and we would have to sack Richo as well.
Besides that, Richo hasn't bothered to reply to 4 emails I sent him, so that's even more reason for him to go 🤣.
 
While this revaluation about Luai's clauses is disappointing, ask yourself this.....would you have him here with these clauses, or not here at all?

I don't blame Luai for having these clauses. The club has been the all time embarrassing joke of a sporting organisation. Probably the biggest joke is world sport.

I do believe though, that if we get our crap together, Luai has the integrity to wipe clauses in year 3, 4, and 5. IMO he will hold up his end of the bargain. If we deliver our end, he will stay.
My issues with the clauses aren’t that they are there, it’s when they start. 3 years locked in is a much better situation for the team. Instability after 12 months is not great, Luai helps attract players we have seen this already. How many players will come now knowing that Luai can opt out every year??
It’s naive to think Luai can turn us around in one year, two maybe but three is a much better situation all round! With the young kids coming through we need a bit more time, can u imagine the talk in 8/9 months if we aren’t going well??
 
Clauses are shit. It makes it difficult to plan ahead. I listened to a podcast with Matt Cameron recently who said they don’t do clauses and know what the majority of their top 30 will look like in 4 years.

But at the other end of the table, WT doesn’t have much hand in negotiations and probably needs to give up some certainty to attract talent.
Cameron (ex Wests Tigers too) is like all the "suits."
Spin when they want, spin what they want ............
 
Back
Top