orange&black
Well-known member
Yep he’s at his best when he gets space and a confused or broken D. He gets that when we have momentum and our forwards are on top, or when Api is darting around creating hesitation.I thin you are on the money - the oppostion have him pegged. They know if they give him space there are problems. Our problem, and Somoa's as well is that the point of attack is predictable and if you can predict something you can prevent it happening or even better still exploit it to your advantage.
We need to develop agame plan that gives both Luai and Latu room to play what they see. Munster and Cleary struggled with the intensity of Poms defence so it isn't just us and Samoa that struggle.
I actually thought Api ran less from dh the longer the season went.
If Api can’t get a rest during the game, and we don’t find a speedy dh to come on for 20 mins a game, it makes it harder to achieve the roll on we need for our halves to play eyes up.
I think the Soni Luke suggestion is a good one.