OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - Official

The Contract would be frustrated, which in effect means its null and void and cant be enforced. Either side of a Contract has to receive consideration...Luai recieves $1.2M pa as consideration and in return Tigers receive him training and performing at NRL standard. If either side cant provide their side of the Consideration under the Contract. it is not a breach of Contract but the Contract is frustrated and both sides are released from the Contract.

TLDR....If Laui receives a career ending injury before 1/11/2024 it’s no skin off our back other than we are short an elite level halfback. No cost , no hit to the cap.
Firstly, a very valid question and good response,
But what if he brings a lingering injury with him. Do we have an escape clause ( assuming we do) but just asking ?

What would stop Penrith enforcing the same thing if Luai tears an ACL Round 5 2024?
He currently has a contract with them and part of that Contract is a requirement for medical costs and rehabilitation.

Different story if he hasn’t started his contract with us.

Reactions: BZN
So what you're saying is that it was OK for them to make an offer to a contracted head coach but it was all on him because he took up that offer. I'm not saying Ivan was an innocent bystander. He was a conniving piece of dog shite that took the silver on offer. But Penrith really should have been hauled over the coals by the NRL for inducing him to leave.
Agree totally that the Panthers should have had the book thrown at them, I'd go so far as to believe had it been a more influential club e.g Roosters or Broncos, the N.R.L would have.
In saying that though all the offers in the world mean nothing if Ivan refuses. He has a mind of his own and iv no doubt he was working behind the scenes with the Panthers to orchestrate it all. But if he refuses the offer, the offer is useless. Imo all the fault lies with him, we've all seen in the past few years that the contracts mean nothing. It's up to the individual to honour it. Like Luai if we now entice him to leave a year early and he does, it's on him. He chooses to leave, he has the option to stay and see it out.

I cannot understand the problem with the club photo shopping Luai in a tiger's jersey to announce the signing.
What a crock a Sh#t as it's within the rules and if another club brought a player for 25 from us and did this I wouldn't have any concerns.
It's not like they are putting billboards up and using it in Ads for marketing.

It's time some people lighten up in this world.
I don't like it myself and don't think it's got anything to do with.peoe.lightening up.
Some feel strong about it and just because you don't doesn't mean they're uptight or wound up about it, they just feel strongly about it as no doubt youd feel strong about certain issues that others may not.

I reckon it also prevents clubs from overstepping the mark as certain clubs would have no dramas doing... With the advent of AI all sorts of scenarios could come.into calculation... Clubs using the new recruit for their own gain and at the incumbent clubs loss for a year or so... Could start to get out of hand
Just a bad look especially for kids too who don't understand it all really well
Big No for me

I don't like it myself and don't think it's got anything to do with.peoe.lightening up.
Some feel strong about it and just because you don't doesn't mean they're uptight or wound up about it, they just feel strongly about it as no doubt youd feel strong about certain issues that others may not.

I reckon it also prevents clubs from overstepping the mark as certain clubs would have no dramas doing... With the advent of AI all sorts of scenarios could come.into calculation... Clubs using the new recruit for their own gain and at the incumbent clubs loss for a year or so... Could start to get out of hand
Big No for me
I agree Ink, it’s not a good look. He may have been imitating his childhood hero and soon to be coach, but it’s a flip to his existing club and any contractual arrangements he may have. I’m not so sure it couldn’t be a minor breach of contract if his /Panthers backers had some kind of measurable precuniary loss?

Big No for me
The narrow-mindedness of the one eyed supporter never stops surprising me…

The people jabbing the Panthers for it, would no doubt be the same ones chastising Laurie for wearing his old Panthers jersey. The same ones that couldn’t believe Benji went on TV in a rival Union jersey while still playing for the Tigers…

I can’t remember what the Roosters did when they signed Tedesco, but if the imagery around it was similar to the Tigers / Luai while he was still our fullback - the uproar would have been far worse than anything we’ve heard from the Panthers.

There’s no negotiation, it’s poor taste
it just is…
He’s played All Stars, Origin and for Samoa… there were plenty of non rival images that could have been used.

The narrow-mindedness of the one eyed supporter never stops surprising me…

The people jabbing the Panthers for it, would no doubt be the same ones chastising Laurie for wearing his old Panthers jersey. The same ones that couldn’t believe Benji went on TV in a rival Union jersey while still playing for the Tigers…

I can’t remember what the Roosters did when they signed Tedesco, but if the imagery around it was similar to the Tigers / Luai while he was still our fullback - the uproar would have been far worse than anything we’ve heard from the Panthers.

There’s no negotiation, it’s poor taste
it just is…
He’s played All Stars, Origin and for Samoa… there were plenty of non rival images that could have been used.
Its a computer generated image because there is no way that Luai would have ever agreed to be seen promoting the signing with our jersey on while still contracted and aligned to a club that has nutured his career and that he is connected to.
Our club did him no favours by putting up the image and rightly removed it after making a poor decision.

I agree Ink, it’s not a good look. He may have been imitating his childhood hero and soon to be coach, but it’s a flip to his existing club and any contractual arrangements he may have. I’m not so sure it couldn’t be a minor breach of contract if his /Panthers backers had some kind of measurable precuniary loss?

Luai didn't do anything. He held a press conference and announced where he was going. He handled himself pretty well.

As for "measurable losses" for a posting a photo when announcing a signing? If that's pursuable, the Tigers should sue Penrith into the next millennium for inducing our coach to break contract with two years to run.

As for "measurable losses" for a posting a photo when announcing a signing? If that's pursuable, the Tigers should sue Penrith into the next millennium for inducing our coach to break contract with two years to run.
And leaving us with massive contracts on past-it players. He was the main architect of the Tigers' spoons.

Anything that annoys Ivan is okay with me.

Back