Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Fittler had some nice words to say about Luai and his move to WTs on Ch9. He believes Luai will be very good for WT and said he is one of those players who turns up everyday to play his best, loves his football and is always happy.

The Penrith CEO Fletcher said no early release as the Panthers do not do it. He was happy Luai had obtained a very good and long term contract. He cited salary cap restrictions.
He's singing a different tune to when Penrith wanted Ivan - obviously Penrith play to different set of rules when it suits them

Yes I have to respect the Panthers. They have lost so many of their best players but keep producing more.
Well, yes, respect for making the most of their junior base. But also Panthers sit on the largest junior League nursery in the entire world and that's by demographics not by some magical Panthers design.

You also have to give respect to Roosters for always assembling competitive sides despite having a very small junior base.

Your mate Lee would have gone on SEN three times by now … discussing the options for Luia coming here … probably would have offered them Galvin AND Large by now
Really,

Glad to have Richardson on board but negotiations have been going on since August so.........

In any case Luai must break contract look for a release now for next year.......25 is in the bag.

No legal man would encourage that in the media.

Our club isn't gunna make noise.......
So we are accommodating for 24 obviously.

Jerome has to spit the dummy in a cool way now for next year.

The only way.

Because he's advised them that he will be
At WT (has intention to sign elsewhere),
That's when the 10 days start technically.
They will probably wave their rights once
It's signed today/next few days under the
new rules. Canterbury can't come in now,
He has indicated that he will accept our
offer. Bulldogs don't have a say right now
Unless he rejects our offer. Hope that helps
I don't think that is true. I've read several published interpretations that the player can backflip on the deal for any reason within 10 days, including to stay at the incumbent or to take a rival deal (which would presume to start a new 10-day window on the second deal, where the original deal can be improved).

The whole thing really seems a waste of time, as if players don't already have enough time and professional advice to make an informed and binding decision.

I really hate this 10 day cooling off period lol waiting just makes me think the deals going to fall though and he signs with the dogs
Yep its a worry, and today doggies miss out on AFB so they have an extra million at there disposal.

Lookout everyone this is not past the post yet.

Just a lot of folks who cannot handle the wait; i.e. no news is bad news.

According to the reports yesterday Tigers had not even officially registered the deal yet and it was to be determined if Panthers would waive the wait period or not. So even if Tigers did everything by the book this week, we might not have official word until Christmas, and even then the NRL might shut down for the break and reopen the books in the New Year.

None of that makes 2025 come around any faster nor make Luai less injured if he was to be granted an early release.
I think a lot of us are just scared by the past signings falling through. I am not bothered if its 25 or 24 but until it is announced I am very suss on Gus and the Dogs. They have burnt us quite a bit lately and just want this over ASAP.

I think a lot of us are just scared by the past signings falling through. I am not bothered if its 25 or 24 but until it is announced I am very suss on Gus and the Dogs. They have burnt us quite a bit lately and just want this over ASAP.
Well they took JAC who’s been absolute puss for them. How else have they burnt us?

Well they took JAC who’s been absolute puss for them. How else have they burnt us?
Cameron C, TPJ, JAC.. I'm sure there is more
I know they have not done well there but different teams create different results.

I do think we have got lucky and not paying overs for players like them and think we are in a much better position than Dogs.

Cameron C, TPJ, JAC.. I'm sure there is more
I know they have not done well there but different teams create different results.

I do think we have got lucky and not paying overs for players like them and think we are in a much better position than Dogs.
Three signings that are going swimmingly so far. One of them so much so he quit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back