Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that we are still working on the deal yet we clearly waived the 10-day period for the Tupou to Dolphins and they get the deal done straight away. Panthers have already advised they will waive the 10 days yet nothing still.
Q's
Are we just not efficient like most teams ?
Is Laui still mulling over what team,?
Are we trying to get him early ? If this is the case I would get him signed for 25 then look at this.
Are we waiting for Richardson to start in Jan so he can sign off?
Did we miss the deadline with the NRL before they close ?
I would assume our office is now closed until the new year as well.

So many questions and can see why people are nervous..

IMO I would have liked it done by now and announced WITH all the media spotlight as that only helps our brand over the Xmas break.

Anyway, everyone enjoy your break and fingers crossed we do receive a Xmas announcement like others have said.

If what you say is true re. "his heart was always at the Panthers" with "ambitions to coach his son"...I reckon it's also true that he USED WT!!! as a means of getting him out of the probably shitty job he was in as an employee of the NRL, knowing he had no intention of staying at WT for any longer than he had to.
Then when the opportunity of coaching Penrith came up, he was ready, willing and able to dump WT, and couldn't get out quick enough.
Smart.

Strange that we are still working on the deal yet we clearly waived the 10-day period for the Tupou to Dolphins and they get the deal done straight away. Panthers have already advised they will waive the 10 days yet nothing still.
Q's
Are we trying to get him early ? If this is the case I would get him signed for 25 then look at this.

IMO I would have liked it done by now and announced WITH all the media spotlight as that only helps our brand over the Xmas break.

Anyway, everyone enjoy your break and fingers crossed we do receive a Xmas announcement like others have said.

Just my personal speculation but thinking that the club may have to consider a swap to get him here for 24 hence the delay.

Also as above poster mentioned the announcement may be delayed in deference to Webbs sa passing.

Can't imagine anything else since they agreed to terms.

Last edited:
Q's

I’m on holidays in Sydney for 10 days, could they be saying nothing will happen till HB61 gets back to “Mexico” ?🤣

If what you say is true re. "his heart was always at the Panthers" with "ambitions to coach his son"...I reckon it's also true that he USED WT!!! as a means of getting him out of the probably shitty job he was in as an employee of the NRL, knowing he had no intention of staying at WT for any longer than he had to.
Then when the opportunity of coaching Penrith came up, he was ready, willing and able to dump WT, and couldn't get out quick enough.

Personally I think Cleary junior was meant to come here but decided not to.

The club obviously put it to Ivan, the possibility of a scenario that Nathan may not join us but looks like he may have felt differently about things later..........abd we are still paying.

Reactions: BZN
He’s holding out hope that another club will swoop in and save him from having to come here.
Some clubs key man will get hurt in the trials and that will open the door….Probably.

I reckon JL will be announced on Xmas Eve Sunday to minimise the media coverage & working journos out of respect for JL given how so much has been made of his future.

It’ll be presented as a Xmas gift to WT members/fans.

No info just speculating.
It would make sense. But don't signings usually get announced on weekdays? Very rare it is done on weekends

Q's

All I can say is that it was definitely accepted last Friday night. On Saturday Luai went into training to tell the boys he's leaving. So within 10 days since last Friday (15th) is Christmas Day. I think he'll be announced on Christmas Day

Amazing that a few people keep posting their 100% boasts about Luai being a done deal,with zero knowledge that it’s true, while reprimanding anyone with the slightest doubt.
Perfect example of wanting to wallow in the validation of their continual posts.
Pitiful really…. and praying they’re correct.
Wonder what excuses they’ll turn to if it doesn’t happen?

Guys

If you listened to shave Richardson on James grahams podcast… he flew to
England with a broken foot to get Wayne Bennet signed for south’s!

He said that he does everthing possible to get a signature and doesn’t stop til it’s done.

Knowing that and believing that- there is no way that he isn’t pushing for jarome to be signed and announced.

Any hold up would be on luai side.

Therefore it can only be bc he’s possibly entertaining other offers

That’s my guess

Remember how Souths could not fit Latrell under the cap & the Tigers had the best financial offer by a significant margin.....

Same management team for Luai now....

Note: Cronulla did not get a single media mention in regards to the chase for AFB before confirming his signature (with all the usual media hacks who solely rely on self-serving and diversionary internal club leaks admitting to being blindsided).

Craig Fitzgibbon understands that confidentiality and discretion are paramount to successful high profile player negotiations - unlike the turds we fortunately flushed down the drain last week!

Penrith demonstrably leaked the Luai news (with Nine there to record the player huddle etc) - but given it has since been acknowledged that the Tigers were yet to lodge a formal contract acceptance (to trigger the 10 day cooling off period) - it feels like we are being played again!

Remember how Souths could not fit Latrell under the cap & the Tigers had the best financial offer by a significant margin.....

Same management team for Luai now....

Note: Cronulla did not get a single media mention in regards to the chase for AFB before confirming his signature (with all the usual media hacks who solely rely on self-serving and diversionary internal club leaks admitting to being blindsided).

Craig Fitzgibbon understands that confidentiality and discretion are paramount to successful high profile player negotiations - unlike the turds we fortunately flushed down the drain last week!

Penrith demonstrably leaked the Luai news (with Nine there to record the player huddle etc) - but given it has since been acknowledged that the Tigers were yet to lodge a formal contract acceptance (to trigger the 10 day cooling off period) - it feels like we are being played again!
Maybe cronullas brand is just boring AF and no one could careless. Their best media coverage being scomo the narcissist turn up to games.
But I am biased....We used to be one of the best brands , with FTA televised games every sunday. Now we're relegated to first bye. Here's hoping we can right the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back