Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh
If all the “insiders” and those “in the know” who were ‘only reporting what they’ve heard’ gave it a rest and let the club announce what was happening, people would be more interested/excited.
Instead they lined up to be the first to “break” the news.
So far they’ve all been wrong and have dulled the interest in what is a big signing for this club with their own self importance.

If all the “insiders” and those “in the know” who were ‘only reporting what they’ve heard’ gave it a rest and let the club announce what was happening, people would be more interested/excited.
So far they’ve all been wrong and have dulled the interest in what is a big signing for this club with their own self importance.
This forum is designed for rumours and discussion over future possibilities. If you don't like it, get off and stop sooking. It's not that hard to ignore it

Fair enough if you want to be skeptical about the rumour, but it’s not worth whinging over. If you don’t want to keep the faith, just take it with a grain of salt and move on. Don’t let it ruin your day.

I remember when you used to post across the WT Forum, LU and Discord and actually be someone that would post constructively and rather humourously, despite your negative undertones.

now you just whinge incessantly. it's disappointing, Stryke. not sure why you feel the need to carry on in the manner you have. the fact that you're now calling out ITKs, who irrespective of the accuracy of their mail make this forum go round, is ridiculous. hell you even called Luai an arsewipe for "dragging on this contract saga" in the middle of Christmas Holidays 🤣🤣. how absurd.

Fair enough if you want to be skeptical about the rumour, but it’s not worth whinging over. If you don’t want to keep the faith, just take it with a grain of salt and move on. Don’t let it ruin your day.
It hasn’t ruined my day.
If he signs I’ll be happy, would have been better had all this carryon not occurred…if he doesn’t I totally understand - we have an above average pack, a poor backline and a coaching setup that will struggle.
At the end of the day though, he is only a piece of the puzzle. Many more to procure before we are looking good.

You don't think he could have told the Tigers to pull the trigger as he is all in and announce it?

I don’t think Luai gets to tell the club when the best time a signing announcement should be made. If in fact he has signed and that’s still an if at this stage, it’s a big deal for the club they will want maximum exposure. People are saying this is turning into a circus it’s really not the whole 10 day cooling off is doing that all on its own. It’s more drama than it’s worth.

I don’t think Luai gets to tell the club when the best time a signing announcement should be made. If in fact he has signed and that’s still an if at this stage, it’s a big deal for the club they will want maximum exposure. People are saying this is turning into a circus it’s really not the whole 10 day cooling off is doing that all on its own. It’s more drama than it’s worth.
Probably not but you'd think he would have had some say, an Xmas present announcement would have been huge. All I'm saying in the whole scheme of things, signed as our decade long saviour, the dude should be all in with no doubts for the long time struggling fans. Doubt that been going on for 2 weeks. If he has signed its on the club too to have left the fans in limbo. Also if he hasnt signed all Chammas articles going forward should be thrown on the scrap heap, never to be trusted ever again.

Probably not but you'd think he would have had some say, an Xmas present announcement would have been huge. All I'm saying in the whole scheme of things, signed as our decade long saviour, the dude should be all in with no doubts for the long time struggling fans. Doubt that been going on for 2 weeks. If he has signed its on the club too to have left the fans in limbo. Also if he hasnt signed all Chammas articles going forward should be thrown on the scrap heap, never to be trusted ever again.
Don't forget when Api signed...

Laughed about our club and mocked us,
Even if it was in a joking manner.

It all changed when he got here.
It appeared he fell in love with the club and what we are trying to achieve...

Hopefully Luai feels the same way once (if) he arrives.

“Mocked“ is a stretch. He had just a won a premiership and made a joke about moving to the wooden spooners. There was never a question regarding his commitment. Unlike Papali’i who stringed the club along, even after he had already signed a contract. And it’s not like what Api said wasn’t true. We won four games.

Yeah mate, thats exactly whats playing on my mind. The disrespect from that Panther at the time, was hoping it wouldnt happen again Api 2.0. Dragging on for 2 weeks is starting to feel real awkward. The magical 10 days is up. Maybe an early new years announcement from Richo?

Haha you are the one who has been lying on here trying in vain to build some cred.
Carry on…it’s quite humorous.
Seems quite conflicting that you call it humorous when all you have done is sook about it...

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
This I do not understand. I‘ve seen this written a few times and it just baffles me. I believe it, I just don’t get it. Our club gave him carte blanche. He was a made man in Tiger town. Supporters idolised him, great relationship with Pascoe. To then walk out on the club is one thing, but why the hate? What did we ever do? Did we have the nerve to get upset at him doing what he did? I perish the thought. It’s kind of like being married to someone who worships the ground you walk on, does everything for you. You then leave them for someone else, and you are the one to carry a grudge at your always loving ex-spouse. Ivan really is the definition of a POS.
He came in and the best three players in the club immediately wanted out, one of them a future dual premiership fullback and Australian captain, his CEO promised an aggressive recruitment drive, and a destination club: shortly thereafter Shaun Johnson and Gareth Widdop laughed in his face. Welcome to Wests Tigers. He was then forced to pay stupid money to sign average players on very long term deals, just to field a competitive side. He squeezed every drop out of that side and they just missed the finals. With the writing well and truly on the wall he was offered a ticket on the Panthers dynasty train, and could see where the tigers were headed, oblivion. It took the club he left until December 2023 to do anything about their problems. Anyone really surprised he did what he did?

“Mocked“ is a stretch. He had just a won a premiership and made a joke about moving to the wooden spooners. There was never a question regarding his commitment. Unlike Papali’i who stringed the club along, even after he had already signed a contract. And it’s not like what Api said wasn’t true. We won four games.
Not a stretch at all.
Some papers, at the time even worded it as, mocking.

It's black and white.
His team mates even joined in.
Public humiliation.
Very unprofessional & insulting.

.. then he put the jersey on & showed his commitment.

He came in and the best three players in the club immediately wanted out, one of them a future dual premiership fullback and Australian captain, his CEO promised an aggressive recruitment drive, and a destination club: shortly thereafter Shaun Johnson and Gareth Widdop laughed in his face. Welcome to Wests Tigers. He was then forced to pay stupid money to sign average players on very long term deals, just to field a competitive side. He squeezed every drop out of that side and they just missed the finals. With the writing well and truly on the wall he was offered a ticket on the Panthers dynasty train, and could see where the tigers were headed, oblivion. It took the club he left until December 2023 to do anything about their problems. Anyone really surprised he did what he did?
Nope. However the way he did it didn’t sit well.
Too much lying for my taste.

His recruitment drive for 2018 was a wet fart. Corey Thompson was his best signing FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back