Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pleased we got this done could be a watershed moment for us our Asotasi moment if you will. Despite what people think of him he will attract other talent and help retain our best youngsters, although we're odds on to lose a half.
In saying that its a year long audition for the likes of Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin maybe two of the three even cast Sezer aside makes it an interesting time for 24 also imo.
Well done all involved i guess even Pascoe and Lee :ROFLMAO:

Why can't you offer to others?

You can engage in talks with any number of players without having to actually exclude the potential future finance from your cap. It only becomes an official liability once you lodge an accepted contract with the NRL.

You discontinue talks / open up new talks as the prospective costs change.

Can you truly imagine a situation where the recruitment team stops in their tracks because there is a $1.2M offer out to a player?

I made an offer on a house last November, but I kept looking and negotiating on other houses whilst the seller was considering.
It doesn't work that way with the NRL. Not with official offers. Yes you can verbally make offers, these have no binding. If you officially offer a contract to a player then you firstly have to have that much free cap space to accommodate each year of that deal, and until the contract is signed that money is reserved for that contract. You can't go around offering a contract if 1.2 million to three players unless you have 3.6 million free in the cap. Of course unofficially you can throw that money around but if a player says I'm in, I'll sign today you have to officially have the unreserved space free to do so.
All depends what stage of negotiations it's at. An initial verbal ballpark, or the official here's our best offer and we hope you sign it contract offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back