Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK .Have all the toilet paper ready for the George St TICKER TAPE parade. This better happen ,as i think i left myself short.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Sounds like the contract was only submitted to the NRL today…. ya know on Richos first day 😂😂😂 so everyone was panicking for nothing basically
Most and that includeds me , not panicking just the lack of information that was been put out , news was he had accepted our offer , then we were told there was a ten day pause, but no one knew when this started or if he had signed , I knew some he re don’t want the. Club to say anything untill it’s over the line , but here’s the kicker , the sharks sign warriors prop after we got luai and it was done and dusted in a couple Off days , we have been waiting for weeks

Most and that includeds me , not panicking just the lack of information that was been put out , news was he had accepted our offer , then we were told there was a ten day pause, but no one knew when this started or if he had signed , I knew some he re don’t want the. Club to say anything untill it’s over the line , but here’s the kicker , the sharks sign warriors prop after we got luai and it was done and dusted in a couple Off days , we have been waiting for weeks
The lack of information is what made it even more obvious. From the moment it was reported he had signed with us, the Dogs were never in the picture. If they were, the media would have been all over it.

Who knows, maybe there were many factors at play. Sharks at this stage you could say are a more professional outfit. Though our outfit only just walked in the building so let’s give them a chance.

Jarome Luai calls press conference as shock Panthers move clears path for $6m switch

Fox League from Fox Sports
January 3rd, 2024 10:31 am
Jarome Luai looks poised to confirm his switch to the Wests Tigers after the Penrith Panthers reportedly waived the 10-day cooling off period.

Luai has been absent from Panthers training after informing teammates that the 2024 season would be his last, expected to join Benji Marshall at the Tigers on a monster five-year, $6 million deal.

Under the new contracting rules in the CBA, there is a 10-day cooling off period after a player receives an offer they’d be willing to accept from another club.

That gives the player’s former club the chance to negotiate and potentially up their offer if they would like. Those 10 days also gives the player the option to change his mind if he wants to.

That period, which began on December 16, came and went without any confirmation of a move from Luai.

On Tuesday, however, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the Panthers, who tabled a three-year deal worth $2.5 million,
waived their right to the cooling off period.

The Herald then reported that Luai had called a press conference for Wednesday afternoon in Darling
Harbour

It is expected that he will confirm his blockbuster switch giving Marshall and the Tigers the marquee player they so desperately need to turn the merger club around.

I'm predicting a WT announcement before the press conference.
Kind of would make the presser useless, but who knows. I’m not as interested in the announcement as much as what he’ll say about Ivan and co. Questions are going to be asked, and it will be interesting to see if he can keep his ego in check.

Why would Luai call a press conference without Benji and Richo to announce his signing?

Reactions: BZN
I am looking forward to the minority of flogs who criticise Luai for having a press conference but also had a whinge that he himself took so long to announce it when normally the club does, not the player
I was one of them

Did you know technology is so incredible these days that there is a now a piece of scientific equipment known as the tunneling electron microscope. It’s a microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. If I had were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn’t be able to locate my care factor in being wrong about Luai announcing it himself.

Kind of would make the presser useless, but who knows. I’m not as interested in the announcement as much as what he’ll say about Ivan and co. Questions are going to be asked, and it will be interesting to see if he can keep his ego in check.
I think of it a bit like when Richo was announced, the next day he appeared for the media to ask questions about it.

I think of it a bit like when Richo was announced, the next day he appeared for the media to ask questions about it.

Put all the media questions and speculation
to bed so he can finish strong with Panthers.
I like it, he's a very high profile signing.
You can't compare his signature to AFB's
and how his signature was fast tracked.
Different set of circumstances & AFB isn't
in Luai's Galaxy when it comes 2 stars. Luai
will be the face of this franchise from 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back