Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll miss out on both and all the current bootlickers will convert to critics.
I’ve seen this movie before..

Brooo if that happens, next member pack
will have an option of rope or razor blades

It’s funny how everyone is softening on Luai’s personality because he’s looking like he might sign with us. He’ll be right back to being an egomaniacal douchebag if he signs with the Dogs.
Yeah the desperation around here is thick with platitudes.

It’s funny how everyone is softening on Luai’s personality because he’s looking like he might sign with us. He’ll be right back to being an egomaniacal douchebag if he signs with the Dogs.
Absolutely that’s footy not ethics. The emotion means more than the facts

Bait. He lives 4 engagements & validation.
Brandy called him out and now he's trolling.
He knows that Luai will announce it next
week like the rest of us. If we get him he
looks like a genius, if we don't, it's more
ammo to shit on our club. Don't mind him

I'll bet my bottom dollar Luai is at our
club for 2025. If not I'll take a hiatus lol
I said Hi ... I said Hi at us, but no one knew

I'm not following him on insta and haven't seen them but it does seem like he puts a lot of thought into it
I don't follow anyone on insta, not my thing, but these younger people posting all this cryptic stuff, "eyes on me" stuff, it just makes them seem like a bunch of arseholes.

20 years ago when I was that age, nobody cared what I or any other young twit thought or did, and still nobody does, but they post it to social media as if each thought is important to be made public.

Didn't mean to rant so much but I don't think it reflects well on that generation. Take your money, play your football, quit the rest of the personal branding nonsense. All this humblebragging.

I don't follow anyone on insta, not my thing, but these younger people posting all this cryptic stuff, "eyes on me" stuff, it just makes them seem like a bunch of arseholes.

20 years ago when I was that age, nobody cared what I or any other young twit thought or did, and still nobody does, but they post it to social media as if each thought is important to be made public.

Didn't mean to rant so much but I don't think it reflects well on that generation. Take your money, play your football, quit the rest of the personal branding nonsense. All this humblebragging.
It's a generational Thing though... Today's gen it's perfectly normal.
There'd be.players of old who would've laughed when we first saw players hugging every team mate before running out... They would've laughed at personal messages on wrist strapping.

Luai has a huge ego but he has the talent and results to enable that.

I'm just glad there were no mobile phones & social media 40 years ago when I was playing up

I can kind of understand the sentiment but I'm sorry, who are you to say quit the personal branding. The average career for a first grader lasts 43 games. Players have every right to hype themselves up in order to secure brand deals and better contracts, and honestly good on them for doing it.

You're are right when you say that 20 years ago nobody cared what you or anyone else did, but that doesn't mean you didn't have any self interest or ego. Remember Michael Jordan? I am sure you do! Well, guess what he was doing 20 years ago? Living off his own personal brand. You know 30 years ago the "Be like Mike" Gatorade advertisement aired as well. It's weird you have turned this into some sort of generational thing when this was even more commonplace in your generation, minus the social media.

There's always been flashy athletes though, different ways to today's...

Mohammad Ali, Prince Naseem....
Shannon Sharpe in the NFL.
OJ Simpson...
The Ric Flair swagga.
Being the cover of the wheaties box.

Now it's just intensified because of social media.
Now we get the Connor McGregors and even Dwayne the Rock Johnsons.

Being an athlete isn't just that any more.
It's about being THE BRAND too.
Bigger the star, the bigger the brand, bigger the opportunities ( and $$$$ of course )

Call it whatever you want.... It's not humble, it's cocky, whatever.... it brings some identity to the person, could be all show - could be all legit.

Luai has carved out this little image for himself. Anime super hero, etc etc. There's a reason why there's so many young kids wearing Panthers jerseys these days and the "characters" of the game add a level of excitement to it all.

Last edited:
There's always been flashy athletes though, different ways to today's...

Mohammed Ali, Prince Naseem....
Shannon Sharpe in the NFL.
OJ Simpson...
The Ric Flair swagga.
Being the cover of the wheaties box.

Now it's just intensified because of social media.
Now we get the Connor McGregors and even Dwayne the Rock Johnsons.

Being an athlete isn't just that any more.
It's about being THE BRAND too.
Bigger the star, the bigger the brand, bigger the opportunities ( and $$$$ of course )

Call it whatever you want.... It's not humble, it's cocky, whatever.... it brings some identity to the person, could be all show - could be all legit.

Luai has carved out this little image for himself. Anime super hero, etc etc. There's a reason why there's so many young kids wearing Panthers jerseys these days and the "characters" of the game add a level of excitement to it all.

Good post

Last edited by a moderator:

I think most of our generation (I believe your around Andrew Large age) feel this way. I've come to be more accepting of it as its the way now. Demps' latest post sums it up well, as do you on the other side of the fence.

In this whole conversation about his personality and how our supporters might or might not perceive him this here is all i care about.

Weve had 10 years of good blokes. Where has it gotten us?

Talent and ego thanks!
Yes... Nice guys finish last!!! Luai's ability to get under the oppositions skin is something I would enjoy watching for us.
Bring in some great "sledgers" of the past to coach our boys in niggling the opposition. Chambers, Ennis would be a start 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back