Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
$1.2 million is a lot to have in limbo for 2025. We need an answer fairly soon in case we need to go to contingency plans. Wait like we did for Moses and we’re all left complaining there’s no options on the market again.
Maybe also waiting for the Olam thing to resolve and then do a multi signing announcement.

There's also a good chance that the deal is done, but also waiting for Shane Richardson to officially start before announcing it to the public. If not tomorrow, then I would expect it to be announced either 2nd or 3rd of January.

That’s a fair call. Never thought of it like that, maybe bcoz I never made the rep teams. You look at someone like Api, he played for multiple teams and it wasn’t till he signed with us that I found out he was a Tigers fan growing up. I love his passion for us since he’s been here too.
Who did you play for Bf:

I do a little moonlighting delivering pizza's, and just dropped off 4 plus garlic bread and large Coke at Richo's place.

Just a snack.

Once there I asked him about Luai and he told me to chill, New Years is coming up......he might announce something when he's new office is decked out.

No tip.

Who did you play for Bf:
St Mary’s before they became big.
Fittler was the gun in the area at the time.
I was the black sheep in the family, terrible at footy. I broke my leg at 13 and due to the way they set it I couldn’t run properly but I could only ever see the bloke in front of me where as on the cricket field I could see all 14 people, although I was born with no patience so I didn’t make it at cricket either. The family played in rep sides and stuff, two went on to ref NRL one refereed WC and origin, missed out on an NRL GF bcoz he wouldn’t site the Falcon, he said it was delt with on the field but NRL said off to reggies reffing for you. It was in the paper at the time.

What about you BZN?
Thanks for asking Buttface: Cricket, tennis and squash I was OK, but was never able to excel in any of them.
Although, with the rite guidance I could probably have done a bit better than OK at cricket and athletics, but not the sprint distances.

Your story was an interesting read btw (y)with 2 relo's that refereed at a Very High level but robbed of the big one :(.
I don't remember the incident to which you are referring, and I won't ask your relo's names, but would be interesting for the Forum to know anyway :).
Could have been a case of your relative not being prepared to kiss bums to get to the top.
I knew a bloke many years ago that umpired 1st grade cricket in Sydney.
Every week he received good reviews for his umpiring, but he wasn't the sort of guy that was prepared to kiss bums either, so he never progressed any further.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking BZN: Cricket, tennis and squash I was OK, but was never able to excel in any of them.
Although, with the rite guidance I could probably have done a bit better than OK at cricket and athletics, but not the sprint distances.

Your story was an interesting read btw (y)with 2 relo's that refereed at a Very High level but robbed of the big one :(.
I don't remember the incident to which you are referring, and I won't ask your relo's names, but would be interesting for the Forum to know anyway :).
Could have been a case of your relative not being prepared to kiss bums to get to the top.
I knew a bloke many years ago that umpired 1st grade cricket in Sydney.
Every week he received good reviews for his umpiring, but he wasn't the sort of guy that was prepared to kiss bums either, so he never progressed any further.
Yes it was all politics and rough play being seen to be stamped out. He was old school and stood by his word that it was delt with on the field. Still he had a good career and made some coin in it after super league.

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Yes it was all politics and rough play being seen to be stamped out. He was old school and stood by his word that it was delt with on the field. Still he had a good career and made some coin in it after super league.
Probably my favourite ref.

Was it Jack or Kevin?

Who cares when it gets announced as long as it’s us it doesn’t matter if it is tomorrow of the week before preseason kicks off.
Id think the sooner it's announced the sooner it would help us with more new recruits... Along with improving culture... which has been one of the big arguments here in favour of his signing

St Mary’s before they became big.
Fittler was the gun in the area at the time.
I was the black sheep in the family, terrible at footy. I broke my leg at 13 and due to the way they set it I couldn’t run properly but I could only ever see the bloke in front of me where as on the cricket field I could see all 14 people, although I was born with no patience so I didn’t make it at cricket either. The family played in rep sides and stuff, two went on to ref NRL one refereed WC and origin, missed out on an NRL GF bcoz he wouldn’t site the Falcon, he said it was delt with on the field but NRL said off to reggies reffing for you. It was in the paper at the time.
If you played at the Kingsway we must have played at around the same time. I started with Tregear Foxes, then to Rooty Hill RSL until they folded, off to Nth St Marys Pub in the season they got kicked out of the comp and ended up at Saints. Not much success on the rep front either - I was in the mix but only selected once and broke my jaw before getting the opportunity to pull on a jumper. The new club was being built when I joined and I managed to get posted back and play a few seasons here and there.

Played in the same side as Carty (John) before leaving to join the Army. Still catch up with some of the boys and have a few at the club when I am up in Sydney. I am always amazed at how big it has become from the old shed at the Kingsway. I note (for thread alighnment ;)) that Luai played his junior footy for Saints as well. Surprising, seeing as he went to School at St Pats.

2 of my sons play at St Marys also. I’d say two thirds of my older blokes team attend St Doms Kingswood whilst the other third attend St Pats Blacktown.

Last edited:
Everyone clamouring for an announcement this week when the clubs offices are closed, the nrl offices are closed, the lawyers, the agents, everyone is closed who isn't an essential service and also the media is on minimum so what would be the point of wasting a big signing. It will happen but not till the new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back