John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was one of the best players on the field tbh

Bateman is best against staggered, retiring defences, which is the exact opposite of how the Roosters defend.

Good footballer but you are better powering through the Roosters rather than stuttering and stepping around.

@Sabre fair enough. I didn’t have him in the top 5 so there you go I obviously expected more from him 🙈

@TIGER Bateman has a good football brain but NO other brain cells at all. Saw a comment from him on Instagram - he spells "thought" as f-o-r-t! He will follow the loudest voice like all dills do.

@Madgic said in [John Bateman](/post/1070033) said:
@TIGER Bateman has a good football brain but NO other brain cells at all. Saw a comment from him on Instagram - he spells "thought" as f-o-r-t! He will follow the loudest voice like all dills do.

What an idiot LOL

@TIGER said in [John Bateman](/post/1070021) said:
I can see him leaving the Raiders chasing the $$$$

he will go to the sombrero team/gang as their sombrero king is already sponsoring him :joy:

@Madgic said in [John Bateman](/post/1070033) said:

Spells it as he pronounces it. 😂

@TIGER Depends what else he is chasing. MUCH easier to migrate - if that's what he wants - with Canberra's public service connections? It's already worked for Josh Hodgson. Very hard to just waltz in unless you are a Doctor or similar, but an illiterate footy player will be far down the list. If that's what he wants for his kid he will stay IF he's bright enough to understand the politics. Have a look at the Raiders board members' list of accomplishments and you will see what I mean.

Yeah typical Pom speaks in shorthand

Good footballer ...he'd find a place in my Tangerine Black and White side

Not Wests Tigers related but gee I wish we had someone like John Bateman in our team! These are the blokes you need to win premierships! I just have massive admiration and respect for this bloke ever since I first saw him play the game in the SL!

More than just an athlete he’s a TRUE FOOTBALLER who lives and dies by rugby league! He embodies this game to a tee! You can see the passion, the PURE RAW EMOTION from John Bateman in the post game interview last night on Fox! On the verge of tears, it’s what the game is all about! The best backrower and the #1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 player in the planet 🌍

Got goosebumps 🥶🥶 watching the interview! Wish we had more players with the desire, heart, passion and will of Batty! Does not get anymore REAL than that for these footballers! Bloodied from the head, battered and bruised after 80 mins of WAR in the field of battle! Gonna miss watching ya Johnny lad! The type of player every team needs to win the comp and one we desperately need! Your WILL TO WIN is so inspiring! 💚🐐

One of the best English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 forwards I have ever seen play the game! Tough as nails, inspirational player to the bone and a great human being! Hope to see you back in the NRL one day CHAMPION!!🔥🔥🤙🏽 #fanfavourite #upthemilk

Bombed a certain try when Canberra were on a roll in the second half.

@mike

Got very close! He’s so influential to any team! Canberra’s record drops from 75% win rate to less than 50% without Batty! If that doesn’t tell u something about the quality of the player, nothing will! He won the hearts of many diehard rugby league fans over here 💚

@chiranth said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249142) said:
@mike

Got very close! He’s so influential to any team! Canberra’s record drops from 75% win rate to less than 50% without Batty! If that doesn’t tell u something about the quality of the player, nothing will! He won the hearts of many diehard rugby league fans over here 💚

https://youtu.be/cHJ4g_bJo_w

@mike

Sadly he won’t be remembered in 5 years.

@mike

Close but no cigar. Sorry but very close is not the same as winning. He made errors at critical times when it really counted last night. No doubt a good player but not a premiership winning one.

@mike said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249138) said:
Except he didn’t win a premiership

neither did Ellis, did that change your perception on him too? he's arguably one of our greatest ever players.

@jrtiger said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249151) said:
@mike said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249138) said:
Except he didn’t win a premiership

neither did Ellis, did that change your perception on him too? he's arguably one of our greatest ever players.

I always thought Bateman was a bit of a hog and he got found out big time last night. I still think Bateman is a good player but nowhere near Ellis class. My issue is with the OP saying ‘ These are the blokes you need to win premierships’, as I’ll state again, except he didn’t so there is no evidence to support that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back