John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bateman is very good but he's just a really dumb human and sometimes it translates to the footy field. Has loads of talent though.

Only watched a small portion of last night's match, so can't really judge him on that, but he didn't do much and bombed a try during my short viewing.

@formerguest said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249162) said:
Only watched a small portion of last night's match, so can't really judge him on that, but he didn't do much and bombed a try during my short viewing.

Didn't think he did much the week before either.

Pretty good player always enjoyed watching him, especially in 2019. Small for a second rower but so skilful, always a danger when he starts coming across field. Melbourne did a good job of closing him down

Not surprised by his after game reaction- made a critical blunder. Pass the ball and they were back in it. Still a great footy player.

@chiranth said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249134) said:
Not Wests Tigers related but gee I wish we had someone like John Bateman in our team! These are the blokes you need to win premierships! I just have massive admiration and respect for this bloke ever since I first saw him play the game in the SL!

More than just an athlete he’s a TRUE FOOTBALLER who lives and dies by rugby league! He embodies this game to a tee! You can see the passion, the PURE RAW EMOTION from John Bateman in the post game interview last night on Fox! On the verge of tears, it’s what the game is all about! The best backrower and the #1 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 player in the planet 🌍

Got goosebumps 🥶🥶 watching the interview! Wish we had more players with the desire, heart, passion and will of Batty! Does not get anymore REAL than that for these footballers! Bloodied from the head, battered and bruised after 80 mins of WAR in the field of battle! Gonna miss watching ya Johnny lad! The type of player every team needs to win the comp and one we desperately need! Your WILL TO WIN is so inspiring! 💚🐐

One of the best English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 forwards I have ever seen play the game! Tough as nails, inspirational player to the bone and a great human being! Hope to see you back in the NRL one day CHAMPION!!🔥🔥🤙🏽 #fanfavourite #upthemilk

Are you a relo by any chance?

I agree with though in that he is a great player, one of 3 Poms who helped turned Canberra from also rans into a Premiership threat over the past two years. The main influencer though was sitting on the sidelines last night and for much of this season. Who knows what might’ve happened if he were fit and playing.

@Telltails said in [John Bateman \- A True Footballer](/post/1249175) said:
Not surprised by his after game reaction- made a critical blunder. Pass the ball and they were back in it. Still a great footy player.

Probably didn't know he had a man outside .....Ricky needed to take the blinkers off before many of his starts

Good player still .....had a bit of the old style footballer in him

If that’s what he does to former teammates imagine what he can do to opposition players.
In defence, Sezers head did slightly drop just prior to contact but still an ugly tackle.
My concern is that, purely based on comments in WTF, he is no longer the player we remember at Raiders. And a lot of money required to secure.
I think I would say no to pursuing him.That’s if we still are.

I hope he doesn't come. I'd much prefer to go after Fifita. It'd be good to see what people think prior to him coming and after he gets here.

I just reckon he is going to be a dud.

I want to come back and post next season how wrong I was.

Is Ruth coming with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back