John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
certain posts have popped up before The Pom speaks lately,just saying

Com'on team relax, the big fella in a red "flame" suit is almost here, let the Club have its big SURPRISE Breaking News moment for the club. 🎅;)🎅

Last edited:
Com'on team relax, the big fella in a red "flame" suit is almost here, let the Club have its big SURPRISE Breaking News moment for the club. 🎅;)🎅
Santas sleigh will break down but will deliver Bateman on Friday the 30th....has a good ring to it. 😉

I'm assuming he is coming here but I was sure Brooks was gone to Newcastle as well.

This is though an extremely risky signing dependent on the contract term. He is an undersized backrower at the backend of his career.

One of the key players that are going to determine how we go next year. Brooksy, Laurie, Staines, Doueihi are all key players in 6, 7 and fullback but Bateman is another one. We need at least 2 out of Brooks, Doueihi, Laurie and Staines to kill it in key positions. We need Bateman to give us some x-factor as well.

I'm also assuming Api, IP and Klemmer will give consistent high quality performances.

I don’t believe Bateman has signed with us yet

Not officially anyway. He has not got any…

That’s my input fellas.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he is coming here but I was sure Brooks was gone to Newcastle as well.

This is though an extremely risky signing dependent on the contract term. He is an undersized backrower at the backend of his career.

One of the key players that are going to determine how we go next year. Brooksy, Laurie, Staines, Doueihi are all key players in 6, 7 and fullback but Bateman is another one. We need at least 2 out of Brooks, Doueihi, Laurie and Staines to kill it in key positions. We need Bateman to give us some x-factor as well.

I'm also assuming Api, IP and Klemmer will give consistent high quality performances.

Very very confident Bateman is a 100% done deal and will be at tigers in 2023

I don’t believe Bateman has signed with us yet

Not officially anyway
I’ve heard Bateman is caught up in the salary cap fiasco.

The offered deals to Moses and Bateman that combined would put us over the cap. (But not with the expected increase)

If they signed Bateman first they wouldn’t be able to finalise Moses contract with the NRL until salary cap was formalised and he could still negotiate elsewhere.

Plan is /was to get Moses to sign first, register the contract and then when salary cap finalised sign off in Bateman.

If we hear about Bateman before salary cap agreed upon it means we have missed out on Moses.

Very very confident Bateman is a 100% done deal and will be at tigers in 2023
the same people that told me Brooks would not be going to Newcastle even when media had him heading up the freeway have told me Bateman has 100% agreed to being at the tigers in 2023.

I did ask about Moses and they knew nothing, they said if he had signed one way or the other they would know about it so I guess no news is good news at this time

The offered deals to Moses and Bateman that combined would put us over the cap. (But not with the expected increase)

If they signed Bateman first they wouldn’t be able to finalise Moses contract with the NRL until salary cap was formalised and he could still negotiate elsewhere.

Plan is /was to get Moses to sign first, register the contract and then when salary cap finalised sign off in Bateman.

If we hear about Bateman before salary cap agreed upon it means we have missed out on Moses.
Thanks . Interesting. If this is the case then means Moses is for 2023?

Yeh super important that one or two of Douehi, Brooks, Laurie, Staines or even a Stefano, Twal or Blore have a big year. We need the players we developed in our top 3 players of the year and not the ones we bought. It would be a massive kick in the guts for a club that considers itself as a 'development' club. I know Laurie, Staines, Blore and even Twal have been juniors at other clubs but we need to show that we have what it takes to develop good players into first grade ready.

We had Luciano and Ryan Matterson who we developed into good first graders but then they left.

Yeh super important that one or two of Douehi, Brooks, Laurie, Staines or even a Stefano, Twal or Blore have a big year. We need the players we developed in our top 3 players of the year and not the ones we bought. It would be a massive kick in the guts for a club that considers itself as a 'development' club. I know Laurie, Staines, Blore and even Twal have been juniors at other clubs but we need to show that we have what it takes to develop good players into first grade ready.

We had Luciano and Ryan Matterson who we developed into good first graders but then they left.
Your last sentence should be our biggest concern ...we can attract people ...but no one stays ...ever

Thanks . Interesting. If this is the case then means Moses is for 2023

Missed out on Moses for 2023 or completely (ie 2024 onwards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back