John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigersrule4life

John-Bateman-1105583.jpg
BRADFORD BULLS ace John Bateman may be on the move to Australia.

The 18-year-old is considering a switch to the NRL as the Odsal club lurch towards oblivion.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and Newcastle Knights Wayne Bennett have shown interest.

And Bateman could meet the pair as he is Down Under leading England’s Academy side.

@westy81 said:
Another back rower?

Not that I know who this guy is.

But he may be "another back rower", but he may be our first back rower with size and who is a whole runner and dangerous close to the line.

John featured in Round 1 (Catalan Dragons). He missed Rounds 2-3 due to injury. He featured in six consecutive games from Round 4 (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats) to Round 9 (Hull FC). Bateman was suspended for Round 10 and 11\. John returned in Round 12 (Huddersfield Giants). Bateman was suspended for Rounds 13-14\. He returned to play in six consecutive games from Round 15 (Leeds Rhinos) to Round 20 (London Broncos). Bateman missed Rounds 21-22 due to England Academy commitments. He featured in the Challenge Cup against Doncaster RLFC and Warrington Wolves. Bateman scored against Hull FC (1 try), Doncaster RLFC (1 try) and Castleford Tigers (1 try).

Sounds like a bit of a bad boy lol. But I like that he scores tries and clearly has a bit of grunt, especially at age 18! He could be amazing.

We need Batman not Bateman to fix this mess Sheens has created,but seriously he must have some form,to be getting selected even though he is copping suspensions.

The club sure like it's UK mystery buys. Flanagan didn't work, Spencer is clearly a development player and…...oh Ellis! Can't really put Gareth in the same boat as the other two obviously. It is interesting that we do this, we also seem to recruit from rugby too. No doubts we'll offer terms to one in the coming months.

It's good to see us thinking outside the square, can't hurt us. They're cheap and could develop in the long run. My only concern is it seems there is better talent here at the club we could use our time in helping to develop. This whole rugby/pommie experiment has more than an ounce of a waste of time.

Of course we are interested in him he's a backrower… Sheens is looking to have 25 backrowers

@alexaki said:
Of course we are interested in him he's a backrower… Sheens is looking to have 25 backrowers
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

25 ball playing back rowers. We can have a team of hybrid second rowers/five eighths.

@alexaki said:

I think this is what sheens had in mind fir next year

1:Lewis
2:BMM
3:Thompsom
4:Bateman
5:Blair
6: Anasta
7:iosefa
8:pettybourne
9: Fulton
10:moors
11:ellis
12:heighington
13:bell

And then 4 backs on the bench…...hmmmmm could work. Genius

I would like him to be in our side, he and Woods both at young ages might have a great future with us.

Tim ,Stephen and Warren

Just a note we need blokes that either have 7 (and are quality) on their backs

Or that have 8 or 10 on their backs

If you blokes seriously can not see that , pack your bags and head to "Shady Trees Village "

If Sheens is serious, I'm even more serious, get the hell out of the club. We had money to make a play for Lewis, but never is there talk of signing a halfback. That's what we need. Get your house in order or I hope you get kicked out. How many back rowers do you want. Wasn't Blair enough.

Just once I wish the coach would put all his effort in signing a 1/2 back ..please go away Sheens!

If you ask Tim he will tell you that we have a Golden Boot winner playing half-back…

@Raptor said:
why couldnt we be interested in a halfback instead

Lol in Sheens book, a second rower is as good as a utility, they can play center, prop and more recently 5/8!

Half…back
We can afford a quality halfback so why don't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back