JONES NAMES TOYOTA CUP TEAM TO PLAY CANBERRA

G

JONES NAMES TOYOTA CUP TEAM TO PLAY CANBERRA
15/06/2010 5:57:16 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Grant Jones has named his team to play Canberra Raiders at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, June 20, in round 15 of the Toyota Cup.

Competition leaders Wests Tigers tackle the fifth placed Raiders at 12.45pm.

Gates open at 12.15pm to allow Wests Tigers Members and supporters the chance to secure their seats before kick-off and cheer on this very exciting team.

1 Jake Mullaney
2 Limoni Kamuta
3 Tim Simona
4 Jake Clarke
5 Monikura Tikinau
6 Liam Ayoub
7 Jay Florimo
8 Neil Begovich
9 Dean Parata
10 Junior Roqica
11 Shaun Spence
12 Joel Wisbey
13 Matt Hyland ©

14 Pat Politoni
15 Vaha Pulu
16 Ben Murdoch - Masila
17 Mason Talolua
18 Ethan Tafili

Interesting to see kamuta on the wing, I really like him as a center.

Woods, finaue, Jackson and samu still out…

Still only young I suppose. Plenty of time for him to get a run. He is training with the 20's I am pretty sure.

@MacDougall said:
Why hasn't Matthew Groat had a start in this team yet?

Who is he going to replace? This team is on top of the comp and the front rowers at their disposal are no mugs. Groat will get his chance though, pretty sure he played for the NSW under 18's recently.

Going to be a tough game for the Tigers as the Raiders rolled the Cowboys last week up in Townsville, hopefully the Tigers are fired up and the Leichardt factor helps the boys too.

@willow said:
@MacDougall said:
Why hasn't Matthew Groat had a start in this team yet?

Who is he going to replace? This team is on top of the comp and the front rowers at their disposal are no mugs. Groat will get his chance though, pretty sure he played for the NSW under 18's recently.

I think he may be playing in the under 18's tonight against Qld. I was speaking to a friend today whose grandson (from the Bulldogs) is also playing in that team. He said that there is a young front row forward from NSW who should play first grade very very soon. The grandson says that he will be following him all night. I think that the player may be Groat.

Looking out for the gun second rower Shaun Spence this week. The boy has just been putting in exceptional peformances and deserves a spot in the side evey week

I've watched Groat a fair bit over the past three years. He is no where near ready for first grade. At least another two three years away. Needs to put a lot of upper body muscle on and improve his fitness level! Sheens won't rush him.

I havnt payed as much attention to u20s this year but when did roqica move to the front row?

@Flippo said:
Looking out for the gun second rower Shaun Spence this week. The boy has just been putting in exceptional peformances and deserves a spot in the side evey week

he sure does…..hes a workhorse in defence neva lets ppl threw or if does never puts his head down...always chasing!!!

@Sabre said:
I havnt payed as much attention to u20s this year but when did roqica move to the front row?

Like 6 months ago…from the first trial Game...

Florimo stank.....

Best for Wests....Spence, Simona, Jake Clarke and Mason...

Bodie Clarke picked up a knee injury...did not look good..

Members online

Back