JONES NAMES TOYOTA CUP TEAM TO PLAY SHARKS

G

JONES NAMES TOYOTA CUP TEAM TO PLAY SHARKS
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Wests Tigers Coach Grant Jones has named his team to play Cronulla Sharks in round 23 of the Toyota Cup competition on Sunday, August 16.

Jones has moved talented ball-player Jay Florimo from hooker to five-eighth to replace NRL debutante Robert Lui.

Wests Tigers sit in fifth place on the ladder on 29 points, one point behind fourth placed Brisbane. Cronulla sit on the bottom of the ladder.

Kick-off is 11.45am.

1 Jake Mullaney
2 Joel Jackson
3 Joel Wisbey
4 Jake Clarke
5 Sama Sauvao
6 Jay Florimo
7 Darren Nicholls ©
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Chris Corby
10 Aaron Woods
11 Simon Dwyer
12 Jason Schirnack
13 Matt Hyland

14 Dean Parata
15 Leivaha Pulu
16 David Fifita
17 Rhys Curran

Even without Lui there should be way too many points in the Tigers to knock over the Sharks. I think they'll really struggle to handle the likes of Fifita, Woods, Dwyer.

Florimo is definitely a half, not a hooker. I seem to ask this every week but does anyone know what's happened to Sioeli Makaui? He was dominating out of hooker the first 2 or 3 months in NYC. I think he was injured for a few weeks but hasnt come back and has fallen off the radar.

Nicholls has to really take contol this week as he wont be able to rely on Lui as much as usual.

@MacDougall said:
@Squad's Tigers said:
Where did Roqica go??

Hmm maybe he is focusing on Arrive Alive cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have quarantined him for this. The winger Jackson who replaced him last week was ok. Not as big or strong as Junior but he had more pace than Sauvao.

wow thats a pretty good forward pack. how does corby go? i dont really remember him.

Corby is a good young player with plently of heart and offers more at hooker than Florimo.
Florimo is too hit and miss for me and has a terrible kicking game (i think he must practice with Morris :laughing: )
Dean Parata is a good back up hooker and is still only 17 i think.

Its good to see parata get a go he's a great up n coming hooker n has been cutting the arrive alive up for holy cross he has easily been there best player. Wat he lacks in size he has in heart.

On makaui he has been playin half back for st pats 21s

Well with Lui earmarked the play the rest of the season with the Wests Tigers 1st…....it's put a massive dent in our 20s making it all the way to the Grand final......that's of course if the 1st keep going well and make the finals

@Mystery said:
Its good to see parata get a go he's a great up n coming hooker n has been cutting the arrive alive up for holy cross he has easily been there best player. Wat he lacks in size he has in heart.

On makaui he has been playin half back for st pats 21s

That is a massive step down for a guy that was playing some very good footy early this year.
He is a good talent but that can only get you so far.
I hope Makaui can make a fist of is talent and make a play for the team this year and next.

Apparently there are a few NYC players playing for St Pats in the Under 21's. I wonder how that team is going? Are they on top of their competition.

@balmain1 said:
Apparently there are a few NYC players playing for St Pats in the Under 21's. I wonder how that team is going? Are they on top of their competition.

Umm i think North Ryde won on the weekend to go into the GF and st Pats play Mascot to see who plays them…

Back