@colinbh said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1525033) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524989) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524937) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524936) said:
@hammertime said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524930) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524922) said:
This bloke is going to be a star.

Why do you say that?

Was already confident based on his success as a junior, rep honours in two codes. But just looking at him in the most recent training photos, man he looks like an absolute beast.

Idk if that is an accurate way of measuring someone’s ability.

Yeah these dual code reps are useless ?

Yes, you are correct. The Thornet Bros, Mike Cleary, Phil Hawthorn, Ray Price, Steve Knight, Fairfax, Gourlay, Andrew Leeds, Michael O'Connor, Robbie Parker etc etc. Useless the lot of them.

Rex Mossop

Ah, the Moose.

Worth a thread just to reminisce over some of his great quotes.

Like when he made a citizen's arrest at a nude beach and said he was sick of male nudity being rammed down his throat.

I take my dog for a walk/swim near 40 baskets near where Rex used to live. Often have a chuckle to myself when I think of that quote for the Moose.

Where is a good spot around there to take dogs? PM if you like

Middle harbour reserve To up to 40 Baskets is all dog friendly. Plenty of spots for dogs to walk and swim. From 40 Baskets on dogs aren’t allowed on the beach or in the National park.

Depends what u mean by "dog friendly".....only beach that allows unleashed dogs in the area is Sandy Bay at Clontarf...... with a wonderful cafe(Bear cafe).Its on the Manly Spit walk(one of the best walks in the world according to this totally subjective local!).Leashed dog signs everwhere.
Dogs have to on leash at the other beaches in the area..but frankly rangers are more interested in parking fines than a confrontation with a dog owner tbh

Some good clips from St Edmunds XV. I only timestamped notable involvements ...

3 year old clips. Plays wing 14, fullback 15 & outside centre 13. Special kid, look forward to seeing him develop in our colours ...

4:04, 4:20, 5:15, 6:03, 6:16, 8:51, 9:12, 12:13, 13:32, 15:30, 15:41, 16:18, 16:41, 17:03, 17:23

https://youtu.be/7N6olgAuRxE

@tiger5150 said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1525129) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1525128) said:
@colinbh said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1525033) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524989) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524937) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524936) said:
@hammertime said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524930) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1524922) said:
This bloke is going to be a star.

Why do you say that?

Was already confident based on his success as a junior, rep honours in two codes. But just looking at him in the most recent training photos, man he looks like an absolute beast.

Idk if that is an accurate way of measuring someone’s ability.

Yeah these dual code reps are useless ?

Yes, you are correct. The Thornet Bros, Mike Cleary, Phil Hawthorn, Ray Price, Steve Knight, Fairfax, Gourlay, Andrew Leeds, Michael O'Connor, Robbie Parker etc etc. Useless the lot of them.

Brian Smith who played for Balmain in the 90's played for wallabies with Nick farr Jones was pretty average league player

I actually think he could have been an incredible league player but happened to be thrust into the (Balmain) Tigers at our nadir. Alan Jones had sacked Gary Freeman for him and out our performances were at an all time low when he came in.

The fact remains he had incredible skill. IMO the most skillful 7 the Balmain or Wests Tigers have had. His passing game was sublime, particularly his long passing game...on par with Ricky Stuart and his kicking game was incredible. His defence and willingness to do the hard ugly stuff was non existent.

He could have made it IMO but the politics of it all had his cards marked.

And if it was not for an injury who would have played origin

Had a chat to JP couple of weeks ago. Said that this kid is special. Said Madge was very impressed with him and that he was one of the best athletes he had seen at his age. Wants to eventually play fullback. But very quiet. Need to work on communication.. but expect special things from him.

@haberfield_tiger said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1525993) said:
Had a chat to JP couple of weeks ago. Said that this kid is special. Said Madge was very impressed with him and that he was one of the best athletes he had seen at his age. Wants to eventually play fullback. But very quiet. Need to work on communication.. but expect special things from him.

Could very well be a bolter for round 1.

@haberfield_tiger said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1525993) said:

And so the hype begins! Looking forward to seeing him play.

The hype around this kid Let’s hope his ability stands up to the hype there’s a lot who have failed

@slurpee said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526048) said:
The hype around this kid Let’s hope his ability stands up to the hype there’s a lot who have failed

Hopefully he handles it better than Moses Suli who was the last kid to debut for us who had so much hype around him. Let’s hope he doesn’t love his sleep like Moses.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526071) said:

Hopefully he handles it better than Moses Suli who was the last kid to debut for us who had so much hype around him. Let’s hope he doesn’t love his sleep like Moses.

He doesn't come across as a Suli type does he.

@earl said in [Wests Tigers sign Ju> He doesn't come across as a Suli type does he.

Do you mean playing style Earl or what he done off the field, $, contracts, fail to live up to expectations at WT?

If he isn’t a good communicator he won’t play fullback unless injuries hit us.

For round 1 I would say he would be winger backup initially unless his defensive capabilities are solid then he could be a center bolter for round 1 as we are very very thin in that position.

As to the hype haven’t heard a bad scorecard on him, he has potential but so do alot of other players. Stefano was a quite one and look at him. I just want this kid to kick on as he could be huge for our backline.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526071) said:

He’s isn’t fresh out of Western Sydney highschool on a million dollar contract. JT has been in a lot of professional systems …18th man u/18’s NSW as a 16 y.o. played for NSW u/16’s & 18’s, junior wallaby 20’s. The club wouldn’t have used it’s second last roster spot to lock him up for 3 years. He has the pedigree and natural talent thats for sure ...

Brian Smith who played for Balmain in the 90's played for wallabies with Nick farr Jones was pretty average league player

I actually think he could have been an incredible league player but happened to be thrust into the (Balmain) Tigers at our nadir. Alan Jones had sacked Gary Freeman for him and out our performances were at an all time low when he came in.

The fact remains he had incredible skill. IMO the most skillful 7 the Balmain or Wests Tigers have had. His passing game was sublime, particularly his long passing game...on par with Ricky Stuart and his kicking game was incredible. His defence and willingness to do the hard ugly stuff was non existent.

My girlfriend at the time put a photo of Brian Smith over mine on her bedside table. He was a good looking dude.

I remember him winning the pass the ball comp on the Sunday Footy Show in the 90’s.

@cobarcats said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526089) said:
@earl said in [Wests Tigers sign JuHe doesn't come across as a Suli type does he.

Do you mean playing style Earl or what he done off the field, $, contracts, fail to live up to expectations at WT?

He doesn't come across as a moron gangster type. He may have a similar style in that they are big centres who can power over the top of people.

@mctiger said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526115) said:

My girlfriend at the time put a photo of Brian Smith over mine on her bedside table. He was a good looking dude.

That's why you broke up? Or were you cool about it?

@jirskyr said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526138) said:

Maybe she was doing it for his benefit? He did say he was a good looking dude.

@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526140) said:

"And that's when I realised..."

@jirskyr said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526143) said:
@gnr4life said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1526140) said:

"And that's when I realised..."

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Staff online

Back