Junior Tupou #254

Is that two spots remaining in the 30?

@wt2k said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1512456) said:
Is that two spots remaining in the 30?

Yep.

28 filled now.

@tigerwould said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1512434) said:
From WestsTigers.com

Junior Tupou is ready for the biggest opportunity of his young career — linking up with Wests Tigers on an NRL contract.

Having played rugby league across his junior career, Tupou spent a year with the Brumbies in rugby union but is now eager for a fresh opportunity in the 13-man code.

Born and bred in New Zealand, Tupou crossed the ditch and moved to Australia as a 14-year-old with dreams of playing in the NRL — a goal he’s aiming to achieve in 2022.

With speed and slick footwork, the new recruit can feature anywhere in the outside backs but has spent most of his career in the centres.

Tupou played for Canberra at the Junior Representative levels, featuring for the Raiders in SG Ball and Harold Matthews.

The talented youngster also played for New South Wales at the U/16’s and U/18’s levels and was called into the Junior Wallabies squad while playing rugby union earlier this year.

He will join the NRL squad on a deal that will see him wear Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2024 NRL season.

“I’m really excited for the opportunity to link up with Wests Tigers,” Tupou said “When the chance to come to Wests Tigers came up, I jumped at the opportunity.”

“I’m looking forward to joining the squad for pre-season training this week, and I can’t wait to pull on the Wests Tigers jersey.”

Tupou has the goal of making his NRL debut, but is prepared to bide his time while learning off the senior players at Wests Tigers.

“I’m excited to play alongside so many talented players at the club, but the guy I’m looking forward to playing with the most is Adam Doueihi,” Tupou said.

“He’s been one of the best players over the past couple of seasons and I’m eager to learn off him.

“It would be a dream of mine to play in the NRL and it would mean so much to me and my family if the opportunity arose to make my first grade debut.”

Bloke mentioned Adam Douehi very glowingly. Cue the Brooks fan squad to start bagging this kid out

I don't know the kid but I like this signing. It's targeting a quality junior in a position that is a concern for us.

Yeah, I like the idea of this signing. But unfortunately I guess we can put a line through the Lomax dream, once and for all.

@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1512476) said:
@nuggetron said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1512425) said:
We just signed junior Tupou for 3 years

Any good

A good young centre signing who could fit 1st grade this season.

@diedpretty said in [Wests Tigers sign Junior Tupou](/post/1512483) said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVGCfsLyx4&t=3003s

Scores tries around the 46 min and 49.30 min mark of video.

irrespective of code and age, this is very very classy. decent footwork and evasion skills. going to be one to watch moving forward that's for sure. cheers for skimming through the vid for the benefit of the rest of us.

🔥🔥🔥

We asked and we received.

A center / winger, with ability.
Great work team.

Back